Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Invulnerability and Nano-tech

manbearpigg

what can we do to eliminate the agents of death (i.e. diseases, fatal accidents, age, mental diseases)

if we perfect nano technology, implement into the programing what a perfect healthy human body is supposed to be, and give it the purpose of maintaining that, would we be able to eliminate many possibilities of death?

Please tell me what you guys know about this topic.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rlyeh

• manbearpigg

• Calle

• sepulchrave

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the closest we could get would be biological immortality. I don't think nano technology could protect you from devastating explosions or extreme heat.

I think the closest we could get would be biological immortality. I don't think nano technology could protect you from devastating explosions or extreme heat.

how about in combination of nano-tech, genetic engineering with animal dna, light material protective armor, etc.?

and we eliminate the aging process somehow.

how about in combination of nano-tech, genetic engineering with animal dna, light material protective armor, etc.?

and we eliminate the aging process somehow.

i am not saying genetic engineering is bad, but mix with lower spicies? that seems just idiotic

upon perfection of nano technology has far more Superior abilities than mentioned here

i read somewhere that nano technology could possibly repair damaged Cells, spontanious regenerations & a cure for almost every disease known including cancer.

We will make this happend before the end of 21st Century

i am not saying genetic engineering is bad, but mix with lower spicies? that seems just idiotic

Humans aren't genetically perfect, and even lack some beneficial genes that other organisms possess. One example are the genes required for vitamin c biosynthesis.

Humans aren't genetically perfect, and even lack some beneficial genes that other organisms possess. One example are the genes required for vitamin c biosynthesis.

have to agree humans aren't genetically perfect, but thats why we evolve with our enviroments around us

I think that self-replicating nanotech will face the same problems that biological organisms (let's face it, cells basically are self-replicating nanotech): entropy.

It will always be possible to damage a self-replicating machine in a way that will propagate through all successive replications. A machine can always include extra backup copies and redundancy checks to correct for some types of damage, but not all.

The more redundant a machine is, the lower the chance that it will start to self-replicate with errors, but that goes hand in hand with making the machine larger - something that is sort of against the spirit of ``nanotech''.

So while I do think that people may someday have engineered nanotech in their bodies helping repair cells, I don't think that Wolverine-type of self-repair will be possible for any injury.

A cut that heals in seconds? Sure.

A bullet wound from a .357 magnum that heals in seconds? Probably not. The massive kinetic energy delivered by the bullet would do similar entropic damage to the nanotech as it would to human cells.

I think one could place a badly damaged human in a larger machine and possible repair that person in seconds (or minutes, or whatever), but I don't think that a collection of smaller machines inside the human would ever be able to repair all types of injuries.

The same goes for lightweight armour (like an artificial skin or whatever). It could certainly make people a lot tougher, but it wouldn't stop everything, and even if you had bullet-proof skin, a .357 magnum round to head would probably scramble your brain even if the bullet couldn't puncture your skull.