Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Defiance

buckskin scout

Just a reminder, the two hour pilot of Defiance is this Monday April 15th on SyFy channel.

So now we have a discussion thread.

I saw one commercial for it and it made it look like a bit of a comedy,

I saw another and it looks like a serious drama.

Which is it?

I mix of both I think. Rockne S. O'bannon is writing and developed it, so I'm in. I love farscape.

I mix of both I think. Rockne S. O'bannon is writing and developed it, so I'm in. I love farscape.

Okay, I definitely see O'bannon's touch in the comedy bit one.

Thanks,

Farscape fan too!

Okay, I definitely see O'bannon's touch in the comedy bit one.

Thanks,

Farscape fan too!

I saw it to, when the main guy in the trailer was like "I'm beginning to like this place" and the girl said "you're an idiot" then he got punched out by a massive blue dude. I was like....that seems like farscape, and sure enough when I looked it up xDDD

Edited by krypter3
  • Like 1

I'm addicted to the game so I'll definitely give the show a shot.

DON'T TEMPT ME

I liked it very much.

It had a few of those really special moments where you can the feel that it can be one of those rarity of a shows. Like the father and daughter singing.

Shades of Farscape.

Thought it was really good. SyFy have needed a show like this for a while now.

I enjoyed it. The relationship between the main character and his daughter has some real potiental, though he seemed quick to brush her off several times in the first show. Also felt he was trying too hard to be Han Solo, though that should change as the character develops. The setting is interesting and seems they've tried to build up the setting, which is always good. We also got a big battle, though production values being what they are I doubt we'll be seeing much of those. Lucky for the town they were fighting really lazy villains. "Blow up that tower! But if you can't destroy it with one shot just completely ignore it." :P

So the pilot had a number of flaws (most do) but it's captured my interest enough for me to keep watching.

• Like 1

I just got to watch it this evening. I like the characters immediately. Like all shows it may take a bit to get it going and fully enjoy it, but I see potential too. And I like these kind of shows. I'm ready to give another a try.

I just got to watch it this evening. I like the characters immediately. Like all shows it may take a bit to get it going and fully enjoy it, but I see potential too. And I like these kind of shows. I'm ready to give another a try.

Same here. I am due to give the pilot a second watch. I am not too keen on the characters and their dynamics in the story so far. Some really cliche-ridden material there.

Especially the two families at odds against one another,

daughter loves son, son loves daughter, a murder in the family, will it pull the families apart or reconcile them together... oh wait... there's a convenient badguy pops up outta nowhere and gives the families a common enemy, etc

I watched the first episode it has potential and the game tie is interesting. I agree some characters are predicable others though and quirky and have good potential for character development.

Unfortunately (after watching a couple of episodes) it sucked.

The kids may enjoy it though,...

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm at the point I watch it when I notice on the list I have it recorded, but it's not like I look forward enough to it to remember.

I see potential, but it's lacking imo.

I'm confused by the Irish Native Americans and I can't help thinking of the Wraith on Stargate everytime I see the Tarr clan.

I do like the Nolan, Rosewater and Irisa characters, though. Bowler is believable in his role, Rosewater is tough and confident, and Irisa is an interesting rebel. imo

Edited by QuiteContrary