Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Loch Ness celebrates 80 years of Nessie

Saru

Today is the 80th anniversary of the first modern sighting of Scotland's elusive Loch Ness Monster.

One of the world’s greatest and most enduring mysteries will be celebrated on Sunday when a special boat trip marks the 80th anniversary of the first modern sighting of the Loch Ness Monster.

arrow3.gifRead more...

If I can recall. The first sighting was actually in the 6th Century AD on the year 565 AD retrospectively. So it was over 1,500 years since the first sighting. I could be wrong, but that's what I heard.

80 years or more and we still don't have a body or any real proof.

• Like 1

80 years or more and we still don't have a body or any real proof.

That's good though, means she's not dead. lol

PS.. I'm not a beleiver, just messing around. Loved the whole thing as a kid though.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2

With all of the equipment that is available, if there was something so mysterious swimming around in Loch Ness, surely they would have found it by now. If it is possible to see the pyramids from space, a little old pleiosaur should be a piece o' cake to find, even in that deep, dark, murky lake.

• Like 1

Happy anniversary Nessie . :D

Will they be celebrating with a Plesiosaur roast? Better than chicken: four drumsticks!

With all of the equipment that is available, if there was something so mysterious swimming around in Loch Ness, surely they would have found it by now. If it is possible to see the pyramids from space, a little old pleiosaur should be a piece o' cake to find, even in that deep, dark, murky lake.

You would need an entire breeding population of Nessies. Very hard to keep hidden.

80 years chasing an illusion is nothing. People have spent 10000 years believing the Earth was flat, or that it was the center of this Universe.

80 years chasing an illusion is nothing. People have spent 10000 years believing the Earth was flat, or that it was the center of this Universe.

That's not really true you know?

100109-loch-ness-monster-will-it-be-woken.jpg

I find it rather odd that people still use this image, an admitted hoax, as a depiction of Nessie. Surely there are better contenders for an appropriate image?

100109-loch-ness-monster-will-it-be-woken.jpg

I find it rather odd that people still use this image, an admitted hoax, as a depiction of Nessie. Surely there are better contenders for an appropriate image?

That's the Nessie image, until a real one comes along, it should still be used as such.

sounds like fun wish i could be there.i hope these people do see the lock ness monster though:) in a good way of course they have fun and they get a show what else can one ask for a sighting and having fun right?