Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The expressionless woman

CuriousLittleOne

In June 1972, a woman appeared in Cedar Senai hospital in nothing but a white, blood-covered gown. Now this, in itself, should not be too surprising as people often have accidents nearby and come to the nearest hospital for medical attention, but there were two things that caused people who saw her to vomit and flee in terror.

The first being that she wasn't exactly human. she resembled something close to a mannequin, but had the dexterity and fluidity of a normal human being. Her face, was as flawless as a mannequins, devoid of eyebrows and smeared in make-up.

There was a kitten clamped in her jaws so unnaturally tight that no teeth could be seen, and the blood was still squirting out over her gown and onto the floor. She then pulled it out of her mouth, tossed it aside and collapsed.

From the moment she stepped through the entrance to when she was taken to a hospital room and cleaned up before being prepped for sedation, she was completely calm, expressionless and motionless. The doctors thought it best to restrain her until the authorities could arrive and she did not protest. They were unable to get any kind of response from her and most staff members felt too uncomfortable to look directly at her for more than a few seconds.

But the second the staff tried to sedate her, she fought back with extreme force. Two members of staff had to hold her down as her body rose up on the bed with that same, blank expression.

She turned her emotionless eyes towards the male doctor and did something unusual. She smiled.

As she did, the female doctor screamed and let go out of shock. In the woman's mouth were not human teeth, but long, sharp spikes. Too long for her mouth to close fully without causing any damage…

The male doctor stared back at her for a moment before asking "What in the hell are you?"

She cracked her neck down to her shoulder to observe him, still smiling.

There was a long pause, the security had been alerted and could be heard coming down the hallway.

As he heard them approach, she darted forward, sinking her teeth into the front of his throat, ripping out his jugular and letting him fall to the floor, gasping for air as he choked on his own blood.

She stood up and leaned over him, her face coming dangerously close to his as the life faded from his eyes.

She leaned closer and whispered in his ear.

"I...am....God...."

The doctor's eyes filled with fear as he watched her calmly walk away to greet the security men. His last ever sight would be watching her feast on them one by one.

The female doctor who survived the incident named her "The Expressionless".

There was never a sighting of her again.

• Like 2

Sounds like someone was on something.

• Like 2

For what it's worth here is what Snopes has to say about it..

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/ghosts/expressionless.asp

"Origins: This item about an "expressionless" apparition, in a blood-covered gown who supposedly appeared at Cedars-Sinai hospital in 1972 isn't an historical account of an event witnessed by others and passed down over the span of forty years. It's mearly a bit of supernatural fiction that gained widespread currency on the internet after appearing on Creapypasta (a site for 'short stories designed to unnerve and shock the reader") in June of 2012."

• Like 6

Decent creepypasta, I've read much better. Don't know how this one went so viral as to get a Snopes entry, I guess this one is somehow more believable than most, although I'd disagree with that.

• Like 1

One of the best things I've ever read, to be honest. Urban Legend it may be, but still a pretty creepy one. I'll always be honest :lol:

Yeah.... I'm not gonna be sleeping tonight...... I'm such a wuss!

• Like 3

Creepypasta. Plain and simple.

Pretty cool story, though. Honestly, I wonder how people believed it to be real. No source and it just has the feeling of "fake scary story".

To tell you the truth Iv read much scarier stories, heck the one about the Black eyed children is more freightening in my opinion

• Like 3

Four words "Are you my Mommy". To this day Im a little freaked out when I see a gas mask.

this creepypasta site got amusing horror story .. fake yeah but amusing still

Edited by Knight Of Shadows

I actually woke up last night and this story popped into my head :w00t:

The picture is creepy :unsure2: I think it's the lack of eyebrows!

276px-566px-1330271478064.jpg

Freaky!

• Like 2

Was not ready for that!

• Like 2

If I survived an incident involving a cat eating woman with spikes for teeth who murdered doctors and then feasted upon security guards, I wouldn't make up a cheesy name that focused upon her lack of expression, especially when it is specifically noted that she smiled (which is an expression). I'd call her "Demonic cat eating spiked tooth doctor murdering woman"

• Like 6

If I survived an incident involving a cat eating woman with spikes for teeth who murdered doctors and then feasted upon security guards, I wouldn't make up a cheesy name that focused upon her lack of expression, especially when it is specifically noted that she smiled (which is an expression). I'd call her "Demonic cat eating spiked tooth doctor murdering woman"

Yeah that name just rolls of the tongue

That picture creeps me out. Who would take the time to set up a picture like that for such an obscure urban legend?

Probably just a medical staff training dummy.
  • Like 2

Four words "Are you my Mommy". To this day Im a little freaked out when I see a gas mask.

What story is this from?

What story is this from?

Wasn't that from Doctor Who? I'm not sure, maybe I'm just pulling that out of my ass.

• Like 1

I thought it was going to be about Kristen Stewart.....

• Like 4

That picture creeps me out. Who would take the time to set up a picture like that for such an obscure urban legend?

What makes you think the picture has anything to do with the story in the OP?

There's no apparent link other than that one person posted the OP story and someone else in the same thread posted a creepy looking picture of what seems to me to be a medical training dummy. Do a Google image search for 'medical training dummy' and all sorts of weird looking plastic freaky things used for training doctors, nurses, paramedics, etc. come up.

Wasn't that from Doctor Who? I'm not sure, maybe I'm just pulling that out of my ass.

Good call Fender (Y)

• Like 1