Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ever get the feeling you are being watched ?

Saru

Scientists believe that the sensation of being watched is actually hard-wired in to our brains.

The feeling that others are watching us is an evolutionary mechanism designed to keep us alert and ready for interaction before it really happens, experts said.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

I get the feeling I am being watched so I will look around and sure enough there's that squirrel just waiting for me to turn my back so he can steal my fruit.

• Like 5

I get that feeling whenever I'm on this forum ...

:lol:

• Like 6

Brilliant, how much did this cost them?

I thought that was the reaosn anyway, by using common sense. Well done on going to university, getting funding and then coming out witht his. They have chnged the world. Amazing. :whistle:

• Like 4

Four eyes are usually trained on my every move, reading my most subtle body movements, knowing what I'm thinking/feeling...even quietly watching as I sleep.

No, I'm not paranoid...I just have dogs.

• Like 6

I suppose probably the best way to avoid being watched is to not be worth watching.

• Like 3

I suppose probably the best way to avoid being watched is to not be worth watching.

Aw...that's kind of sad actually. :cry:

Anyone who feels this way, I'll be glad to watch you for a bit. :)

Edited by Lilly
spelling
  • Like 1

Well thanks but you took it wrong; remember I live in a slightly different country.

Well thanks but you took it wrong; remember I live in a slightly different country.

Oh, that kind of being watched. Yeah, in that case it's a good thing to be "not worth watching".

It used to bother me. Now not so much. But I am curious what they find interesting? Ah well I hope they enjoy. Lol

• Like 2

It used to bother me. Now not so much. But I am curious what they find interesting? Ah well I hope they enjoy. Lol

People don't get watched with no reason. For example if you are pretty or sexy... What's the point to makeup and have a nice clothes if you don't get to be watched anyway.

A few months ago...or maybe last year sometime, there was an article about how the sensation of being started at was real and was caused by electrical impulses from the eyes or something like that. So, now that's all fake?

I don't believe we are hardwired to feel someone staring.

How many times have we all felt that sensation only to turn around to see someone is actually staring?

Also, i've seen people do some really gross things because they don't realize people are looking so, what happened to these people?

• Like 3

my first response was going to be Yes every time I sign on here I wonder who is watching which one is the MIB and who is the alfa centarian but someone already said a something to that effect...

as a hunter / fisherman/ hiker I have felt that sensation many times once it was a doe with a fawn, once a bear, Once a couger ( the cat kind...) several times it was squirrels once it was a game warden ( I was totally legal) and many times I never figured out what it was. I do not know if it is a hardwired left over from Neolithic humans or some future sense that we are reacquiring ( I said it that way deliberately) but I have felt watched more than once and been right more than once. the one that spooks me the most is waking up @ 2 am or 3 am knowing your being watched and being unable to find anyone or anything.

Edited by mysticwerewolf
  • Like 2

How many times have we all felt that sensation only to turn around to see someone is actually staring?

How many times have people not had that feeling and there is someone staring at them?

It's just a feeling. There might be something to it but I wouldn't make too much of it. There will never be a definitive answer to it.

never used to have that feeling until I did a search for me on a few tube sites....... backfired on my ex though, woot to upgrades :P

Everytime I'm doing something bad.

Remember when your mom told you not to stare? We are very, very sensitive to the position of another's eyes. A few degrees of orientation change are easily detectable even at a distance. This trait likely formed the notion of "sensing" another's gaze. Although, I really like the notion that we perhaps possess some sort of sixth sense, I suspect we can attribute this to our sensitivity to eye orientation and hypervigilence, a heightened state of arousal.

People stare at each other without much effect in Vietnam, for all sorts of reasons. Americans are way too sensitive about this sort of thing and have all sorts of social rules about not getting too close and saying "excuse me" if you inadvertently bump someone and saying "thank you" for practically anything. It is amazing how more relaxed I feel in Vietnam than when I'm in the States.

People stare at each other without much effect in Vietnam, for all sorts of reasons. Americans are way too sensitive about this sort of thing and have all sorts of social rules about not getting too close and saying "excuse me" if you inadvertently bump someone and saying "thank you" for practically anything. It is amazing how more relaxed I feel in Vietnam than when I'm in the States.

That's because you are not used to it. It teaches you how to show respect to someone else. Is kinda scary if bump someone hard and don't excuse them... and just by gazing can get you killed...

On topic, wasn't there an article saying that you eyes could emit some kind or energy, electromagnetic, whatever ?

maybe.but psychic things do exist and are very real and the sixth sense as well.science this and science that.i feel like that but it's not my brain that is telling me that its my intuition and gut feeling but wait science doesn't believe in what it can't study or etc how limited and dull and predictable.

maybe.but psychic things do exist and are very real and the sixth sense as well.science this and science that.i feel like that but it's not my brain that is telling me that its my intuition and gut feeling but wait science doesn't believe in what it can't study or etc how limited and dull and predictable.

Feeling is great and all, but science tends to back claims with evidence.

Here's a citation from one scientific study done on rat eyes emitting energy. Thanks again rats!

http://www.ncbi.nlm....ubmed/21034725/

I knew it, I knew it, I can always home in on the tiniest of spiders from across the room, just new it!?!

• Like 1

just because your paranoid ( like me) doesn't mean that no one/nothing is watching you.

• Like 1