Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man murdered at internet cafe while gamers

Ashotep

Several people were inside the internet cafe when the man was murdered. Although the incident took place in front of several individuals, no one bothered to help the victim fight off his assailant.

After the stabbing took place, several people simply stood around the man’s body. One female gamer reportedly continued to play her game despite the fact that blood had splattered on her clothes. The murder was captured on the cafe’s surveillance system.

Man Murdered At Internet Cafe, Gamers Continue Playing

Don't think I could of just kept playing with blood splattering on me or would want to.

Are people really getting this disconnected?

• Like 2

People suck.

We need a plague.

People have gone beyond selfish and greedy. To actually find compassion, and sharing, from people is hard to do, especially strangers. Popularity, and " I am above that " mentallity has taken over.

People suck, period.

• Like 6

Of course the gamers kept on playing!

They don't want to lose a life because they took their attention away from their game!

• Like 2

Guest Nathan DiYorio

I'm not sure about Taiwan, but a lot of Asian citizens make a living playing games. I wouldn't doubt if the people in that cafe had a job to protect, and leaving the keyboard to assist could have cost them it.

I really don't think this is a societal or species disconnect so much as it is cultural programming (defend your livelihood before another's).

People are justifying these actions in this thread already....

Disgusting. As I said, people suck.

There is NO excuse to not help another person, none.

It is how people have become, selfish, and greedy. And only care about themselves. It will only get worse.

• Like 4

People suck.

We need a plague.

People have gone beyond selfish and greedy. To actually find compassion, and sharing, from people is hard to do, especially strangers. Popularity, and " I am above that " mentallity has taken over.

People suck, period.

i agree, it's getting worse brother.

• Like 4

Pretty much what Sakari said. The world gets worse every day. Wouldn't be suprised if we do ahve a plague at soem point. Even if nature brings it on.

• Like 3

Isn't it just the worse thing on this earth to see the lack of love and compassion for one another? Shocking beyond words. :no:

• Like 4

Who here would stand between a man with a knife and the victim? I wouldn't unless i had training or a weapon. I mean, i am not a martial arts expert, i don't carry a weapon and i have a family that needs a father/husband.

Who here would stand between a man with a knife and the victim? I wouldn't unless i had training or a weapon. I mean, i am not a martial arts expert, i don't carry a weapon and i have a family that needs a father/husband.

I would.....As I know he may have a family that needs him also. And, I hope someone would do the same for me.

Not hard, especially when there ie more then one person there to jump his ass, hit him over the head with anything.....At least try to save a fricken life, and not be only thinking of yourself........You would just stand there and ignore it, or watch it like it were a pay per view event?

What if you were the " victim "????????

Most of the time, in a situation like this, once the person see's he/she is out numbered, they will stop.

As I said, people suck, are selfish, and only think of themselves.

Edit to add :

I have done this......

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 4

I hope I would help him even if all I did was throw a chair at the man with the knife. I know I couldn't just sit there continuing to play a game even if my job was at stake.

• Like 5

Guest Nathan DiYorio

Been there more than once before I even graduated from my Freshmen year of high school.

Disarming somebody who has a short range weapon, such as a knife (does not count for larger knives such as machetes) is more about being calm and studying how your opponent is moving than it is about being particularly well versed in techniques. Although knowing anatomy can help as well, because for tougher individuals it might just be easier to eat the blade in a part of you where it won't do much damage, then grab the attacker's arms so they can't pull it out.

Again, I wouldn't recommend unarmed disarm if your assailant is using a very large knife. I primarily encountered knives of six inches or shorter. The instances where a larger weapon was used, I found it best to be armed with something bigger and play keep away.

I would.....As I know he may have a family that needs him also. And, I hope someone would do the same for me.

Not hard, especially when there ie more then one person there to jump his ass, hit him over the head with anything.....At least try to save a fricken life, and not be only thinking of yourself........You would just stand there and ignore it, or watch it like it were a pay per view event?

What if you were the " victim "????????

Most of the time, in a situation like this, once the person see's he/she is out numbered, they will stop.

As I said, people suck, are selfish, and only think of themselves.

Edit to add :

I have done this......

Of course i would do anything i could, but i fail to see how getting stabbed is the best option.

Been there more than once before I even graduated from my Freshmen year of high school.

Disarming somebody who has a short range weapon, such as a knife (does not count for larger knives such as machetes) is more about being calm and studying how your opponent is moving than it is about being particularly well versed in techniques. Although knowing anatomy can help as well, because for tougher individuals it might just be easier to eat the blade in a part of you where it won't do much damage, then grab the attacker's arms so they can't pull it out.

Again, I wouldn't recommend unarmed disarm if your assailant is using a very large knife. I primarily encountered knives of six inches or shorter. The instances where a larger weapon was used, I found it best to be armed with something bigger and play keep away.

In situations like this topic, and most stiuations, you do not need to be trained in anatomy, and hand to hand combat......Are you a Ninja?

2 or more people could easily help out, with no training, and turn the one on one into a 3 or 4 on 1, now on the attacker....No brains needed to help a brother or sister out.

Students Stopped The Stabbing Suspect At Texas College

"My first thought was I need to go catch him."

Ryan Ballard, a student at Lone Star College in Cypress, Texas, about the when as many as 14 people were injured, at least two critically, by an attacker who used a sharp blade to stab victims in the face and neck.

According to the Chronicle, Ballard says he had just arrived at the school's Health Science building when other students, some crying and bleeding, started running in various directions. He heard someone shout, "Stop that guy!" The newspaper picks up the story:

"Another group of students was running toward the man. One finally reached him near the parking lot, grabbing the assailant in a bear hug. Ballard, a former offensive lineman at Langham Creek High School, also closed in. That's when he noticed the attacker squirming to get his hand into his back pocket.

"Instinctively, Ballard knocked both of them to the ground.

" 'I didn't want to wait until it was too late to make a move,' he said."

Of course i would do anything i could, but i fail to see how getting stabbed is the best option.

Your best option in that scenarios is " I do not want to get stabbed, or cut, I might have to get stitches, let the guy die "......" I am not risking a injury to save someones life " ......

Sorry man, that is how I read it.

Some people have it, some do not.

Everyone seeing someone getting attacked should have the urge, and the willingness to help. Even if it means getting a stab wound, to save another persons life.

If someone looks at a situation like this, and starts questioning the possibilities, they are already selfish.......It should be a knee jerk reaction to help, not a thought out process.

I am quite sure a lot of people on the planes in 9/11 were thinking the same thing as you....At least on one plane, a few people had balls enough to do something, be it a little to late to save them, but they did it.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

Your best option in that scenarios is " I do not want to get stabbed, or cut, I might have to get stitches, let the guy die "......" I am not risking a injury to save someones life " ......

Sorry man, that is how I read it.

Some people have it, some do not.

Everyone seeing someone getting attacked should have the urge, and the willingness to help. Even if it means getting a stab wound, to save another persons life.

If someone looks at a situation like this, and starts questioning the possibilities, they are already selfish.......It should be a knee jerk reaction to help, not a thought out process.

I am quite sure a lot of people on the planes in 9/11 were thinking the same thing as you....At least on one plane, a few people had balls enough to do something, be it a little to late to save them, but they did it.

How come the man died from stab wounds but i would only need stitches? I have said that i have no training in hand to hand combat. But a target at 100 yards with my rifle, thats a different story

How come the man died from stab wounds but i would only need stitches? I have said that i have no training in hand to hand combat. But a target at 100 yards with my rifle, thats a different story

I do not have training either, except experience in stupid " street fights".....I helped a guy that had 3 people kicking the crap oput of him. It was a knee jerk reaction, I just did it. I did not think about what could happen, I thought they were going to kill him.

The kids at the School that took down that attacker, they had no training either. They just had that same reaction, that they needed to stop him, no matter what.

No offense at all, some people still find it second nature to help out another person.

To bad though, most are greedy, and selfish.

It is what it is, personally I find people like that suck myself....

• Like 1

I do not have training either, except experience in stupid " street fights".....I helped a guy that had 3 people kicking the crap oput of him. It was a knee jerk reaction, I just did it. I did not think about what could happen, I thought they were going to kill him.

The kids at the School that took down that attacker, they had no training either. They just had that same reaction, that they needed to stop him, no matter what.

No offense at all, some people still find it second nature to help out another person.

To bad though, most are greedy, and selfish.

It is what it is, personally I find people like that suck myself....

Dont get me wrong. I have done many things to help soceity. I chased a criminal through town and held him until police arrived. If he had a knife i probably wouldnt have. I wouldnt say i am a coward (although others might) just a realist. If there was something i could do i would.

Dont get me wrong. I have done many things to help soceity. I chased a criminal through town and held him until police arrived. If he had a knife i probably wouldnt have. I wouldnt say i am a coward (although others might) just a realist. If there was something i could do i would.

But, you would not take the chance to help a stranger being attacked with a knife?

Let me ask you this, if it was not a stranger, would you help than?

People suck.

We need a plague.

People suck, period.

Because wishing death on people, on strangers, is all about compassion.

Don't think I could of just kept playing with blood splattering on me or would want to.

Are people really getting this disconnected?

Yes, I think for more and more people daily reality is not as real as the games they play on their pcs or the internet, so apparently it is easy for them to block out things like this.

• Like 2

Some Asians are insane with their devotion to hobbies(especially gaming). There's been many cases of people dying from dehydration from playing for too long in various Asian countries.

• Like 1