Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man murdered at internet cafe while gamers

Ashotep

I think I see where Sakari is coming from but I just think it is due to media overload. Selfish people have been with us since our ancestors its only now that short videos and facebook and worldstar can broadcast stuff which is usually of a negative nature in a matter of seconds that we can truly see how far we have sunk with respect to our fellow man. I was at that point a few years ago with respect to the youngsters now that they want everything handed to them but after working in a university, I have to disagree, to a point. While there are those that snap their fingers to get your attention and demand things be done for them, there were also many students that were respectful and helped others in need (not to the point of being at knife point but just general stuff). There's equal amounts of those that are there to help and those that will snap a picture of you laying in pain, dying or worse try to rob you in that condition...

It is not media at all. It is seeing things, personally. It is also the News ( not youtube, but real events ). I can not say I have personaly been around the world. I have seen enough to be solid with my opinion though.

I didn't say anybody needed to be trained in those things, I said it would help to know a little bit.

Learn the difference.

To " know a little bit " takes " learning "......Or, another word for it is " training ".....

Why would that reply upset you?

I must have read the below reply wrong then....Hmmmm

Been there more than once before I even graduated from my Freshmen year of high school.

Disarming somebody who has a short range weapon, such as a knife (does not count for larger knives such as machetes) is more about being calm and studying how your opponent is moving than it is about being particularly well versed in techniques. Although knowing anatomy can help as well, because for tougher individuals it might just be easier to eat the blade in a part of you where it won't do much damage, then grab the attacker's arms so they can't pull it out.

Again, I wouldn't recommend unarmed disarm if your assailant is using a very large knife. I primarily encountered knives of six inches or shorter. The instances where a larger weapon was used, I found it best to be armed with something bigger and play keep away.

Out of curiosity, how did you become so un-lucky to be involved in so many knife fights, large and small?.......And what were you armed with that was larger ?

I find it odd for someone to have that many encounters, and more odd that someone is armed with " something bigger " ?

Either way, does not matter. No harm meant.

Edited by Sakari

Maybe they could have just called the cops. Or showed a little Concern for the guy after the fact by calling the ambulance or trying to staunch any blood flow...or something instead of just standing around looking at him.

• Like 2

I live in Australia. I would honestly be hesitant in helping another from a fight as I would defending myself. Problem is, if some lowlife attacks you here and you retaliate and he falls over and hits his head on the pavement and becomes serverely injured or even dies. Even though that was in no way your intention, your life is pretty much ruined. That's "justice" for you. Our world has really gone down the toilet.

• Like 2

Guest Nathan DiYorio

Out of curiosity, how did you become so un-lucky to be involved in so many knife fights, large and small?.......And what were you armed with that was larger ?

I find it odd for someone to have that many encounters, and more odd that someone is armed with " something bigger " ?

It wasn't unlucky, it was me being stupid. I tried to impress the wrong people and make friends in the wrong places, and when you intentionally seek the dark parts of your town, you find them. I don't think anybody who wasn't a moron would have wound up in these situations.

Larger things were typically of the mop handle variety. Big knives are fun, but not if I break your ribs :P I'm not so handy with knives, offensively. In the kitchen, though, I'm pretty nifty!

As for learning and training, they're totally different. You can learn on your own, training connotates being taught.

The reply upset me because I have some bad days. Sorry.

I live in Australia. I would honestly be hesitant in helping another from a fight as I would defending myself. Problem is, if some lowlife attacks you here and you retaliate and he falls over and hits his head on the pavement and becomes serverely injured or even dies. Even though that was in no way your intention, your life is pretty much ruined. That's "justice" for you. Our world has really gone down the toilet.

It shouldn't be like that for trying to defend yourself or someone else.

Guest Nathan DiYorio

There's a similar issue here in the US. You can be tried for "Excessive Force" if your assailant ends up more worse for wear than yourself.

That is pretty crazy that no one bothered to help. Reminds me of that time I went to an internet cafe to use the printer and some hobo came in yelling and screaming...I looked around to see what was happening and no one budged from their seats they were still playing their games,I was the only one who cared for my safety so I ran out lol.

I'd be all for helping other people or just plain defending yourself as anyone would. But in the eyes of the law, those who sometimes act accordingly get put under the boot even if they had no intentions of causing trouble or harm whatsoever. It's a scary situation. A walk to the local store could turn into a life sentence just because you defended yourself from an assailant.

That is pretty crazy that no one bothered to help. Reminds me of that time I went to an internet cafe to use the printer and some hobo came in yelling and screaming...I looked around to see what was happening and no one budged from their seats they were still playing their games,I was the only one who cared for my safety so I ran out lol.

Geez...you'd think the staff would do something about that. The café could be liable for allowing a potentially dangerous person to remain in their establishment. At least call the cops.

Geez...you'd think the staff would do something about that. The café could be liable for allowing a potentially dangerous person to remain in their establishment. At least call the cops.

Yeah,no kidding. They just acted like nothing is going on, not sure how long the guy was in there for because I was out the door already lol.

Yeah,no kidding. They just acted like nothing is going on, not sure how long the guy was in there for because I was out the door already lol.

I don't blame you! Lol, I would have left too but stuck around to watch the cops take the hi in.

maybe they were scared or just selfish