Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would You Have Done the Same?

CRYSiiSx2

So I had started a job I had been trying to get for months. Everything was going awesome until they switched me to third shift 12 hour days. I wasn't too upset about it since I got more days off. But then out of the blew I'm on break when the sack of **** who molested my 12 year old cousin, his own daughter, walks in.

I don't remember what I said to piece of grabage but I was p***ed and then went to my supervisor. I told him I needed to work in a different area or a different shift and even let him know why, he said no. I pretty much said F you and walked out. I was seeing red this whole time by the way.

Now I need a way to pay rent and just quit my job. I feel stupid for quitting but not at the same time, just wanted to ask... what would you have done?

i would of handled it way worst then you, that is something you just cant forgive.

• Like 3

i would of handled it way worst then you, that is something you just cant forgive.

Good, makes me feel better. I'm just ****ting bricks for a job now.

• Like 1

Good, makes me feel better. I'm just ****ting bricks for a job now.

i have no knowledge about getting a job :P , but don't they pay you to go back to college or something now?

i have no knowledge about getting a job :P , but don't they pay you to go back to college or something now?

Not sure I'll have to look into that one. I think I've heard a few things about it though.

If I was in your position I would have taken the same course of action. There is no job that is worth having if you have to give up your own principle just to keep that job. You stood up to what you believe is wrong (and I agree with you on it).

If someone was at my work that I didn't like due to personality clashes that is one thing. But to have to work on the same shift as someone who did such a vile thing that is no where near comparable.

In my book, Crysiis, you did right.

Kind Regards.

• Like 4

I have to agree with the general feeling here. To share space with such a monster would be rather hard to accept. I feel you did the right thing, you sought out an alternative and when the emplyer was unwilling to assist you stood by what you believe and left the situation. Well done for being composed (Even in anger) to maintain your morals.

• Like 1

I would be feeling justifiably unrepentent if I were you. He is lucky you have some thought for the rule of law as I can imagine alot worse and still feel pretty unrepentent. Good for you.

In your position I think you handled it extremely well and I think you boss is a sack of **** that he wouldn't move you especially when given the reason why you wanted the transfer.

In my current work and future work I'm studying for you can't have a police charge against you but I was put in a situation recently where the father of a guy that molested me as a 7 year old died.

I thought my mother was going to ask me to take her to the funeral and I was in mixed emotions as I didn't want to cause a scene but if I saw this guy I was going to break the law and attack, shouting out to every one why. These pedos are disgusting, vile creatures. The funeral ended up being very small and private and I found out after the fact as my mum had gone with other neighbours.

You did well and I wish you luck in finding a new job asap.

I just wanted to say good luck finding another job. I think your boss was horrible, as if you would want to work with that kind of person?!? I'd at the very least let the other people still working there know what he is really like. They could have kids meet them at work and things like that, so they deserve to know the truth. I know I wouldn't want to work with him.

Thanks guys feeling better about my money situation as I see you would have done the same. Just felt stupid for putting myself in such a position and at first felt maybe I should have just done my job until I found something else.

• Like 1

If you ever feel the need to re-visit your previous place of work, I have a rather nice horsewhip you can borrow.

• Like 5

You know it's so unfortunate, and frankly disgusting, to see a lack of care in employers so common these days, for the character integrity of their employees. There's a line you don't cross and a certain amount of privacy any worker is entitled to, and I don't know the OP's exact situation, however there are some things that are just unacceptable in a workplace. I fired someone a matter of weeks ago, because this individual allowed his own racial-ignorances to inhibit his professional judgement.

I would have broke my hand on the persons face, then went to the boss and quit. You did the right thing, though.

I have anger issues.

There's a good chance I'd be in jail and jobless.

Well done on your part.

I would of handled it like you did or did something worse. There are some things that you never get over and that would be one of them.

Kudos to you for doing that, it wasn't the wrong way to go about it at all. I can't imagine how that must have felt and I'm so sorry you're struggling to find work again.

I wish you luck! and hope you're able to find something soon - and that your situation improves.