Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explosions reported - Boston Marathon

Sweetpumper

I also want to make the statement that we have had a three-fold increase in Government surveillance on US citizens, surveillence for which the US taxpayer is paying. IOW, we are literally paying the initial agencies vast, vast quantities of money to keep us safe by readily spying on us all. With all this top-notch surveillence in this country, why was this not detected and prevented by our initial agencies? Have the US initial agencies fallen on their face regarding this event? I think so, if....

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 2

That's all well and good that you're clairvoyant. I'm happy for you. But here in Virginia we call that a knee-jerk assumption.

Here in Virginia we also are the birthplace of several Presidents and full of rich history, full of educated people who remember history and learn from it.

So, let's learn from it, shall we?

I also want to make the statement that we have had a three-fold increase in Government surveillance on US citizens, surveillence for which the US taxpayer is paying. IOW, we are literally paying the initial agencies vast, vast quantities of money to keep us safe by readily spying on us all. With all this top-notch surveillence in this country, why was this not detected and prevented by our initial agencies? Have the US initial agencies fallen on their face regarding this event? I think so, if....

Even with anti virus programs, you still get viruses

And you know this how? There are drones of many different sizes.

There is actual close up footage of the first explosion and it definetly was no something shot from the sky. It actually looks like it was inside a building near the finish line.
  • Like 3

just saw.. ''there were 'a few' that didnt make it and those people are in the tent''.

thought 2 passed away??

Meanwhile, the Pentagon decided not to give medals to drone pilots because of the uproar regarding drones in this country.

http://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-scraps-medal-drone-pilots-uproar-202254129.html

Even with anti virus programs, you still get viruses

I think that is because the government creates and distributes viruses just to make it easier for them to spy on US citizens.,

but i must add.. Obama was 'briefed on security' just before. x

President is advised on security daily if not more often. Noone knows the content of those reports except those involved. Impossible to add anything to it besides that.

• Like 2

Nope, that is not what I am saying. I don't know where you got the police thing.

I don't know what happened today. I am in a wait and see mode. What I do know for sure is that whatever official statement will be made will be what we are SUPPOSED to believe.\

I think about how remarkably close to Harvard this is. Every president recently has either come from Harvard or Yale or both.

What I'm saying I'd that the police will be investigating the scene. Theyre going to try to find any evidence at all to tell them what shape the bomb was and what it's components are. If that evidence points to the explosive not being mounted on a missile, I'm willing to side with that evidence over baseless and unfounded claims that it may have been a "drone strike"

• Like 1

Yeah. Drone strike? Hahahahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the dumbest thing I've heard here today.

• Like 4

I think that is because the government creates and distributes viruses just to make it easier for them to spy on US citizens.,

What a sad world you live in.

• Like 3

Ball bearings and Shotgun shot. You can actually tell that was the most likely cause if you look at the fence and how its shredded when there trying to get to the injured. To me that would say no drone. The second explosion you would see aflying missile device.

If true this is the most important fact to come out so far besides the injured and dead of course which is sad.

UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs Were at Start, Finish Lines for “Drill”

• Like 2

massachusetts_terror_charge_9289017_vert-11e78df7faf4d9f28c25691190e9a6bd653f77a9-s6-c10.jpg

Hmmm

Could this man be the one who planned it?

http://www.npr.org/2...-speech-defense

"Tarek Mehanna was arrested in 2009 and charged with conspiring to plot terrorist attacks. Opening statements in his trial are expected to begin Thursday."

Edited by The New Richard Nixon

What does UM Coach stand for? University of Michigan?

"Mehanna's lawyers asked the judge Wednesday to instruct the jury about free-speech rights under the U.S. Constitution. Prosecutors say 29-year-old Mehanna tried to help al-Qaida by promoting its cause in an online blog. Mehanna's attorneys say he was just exercising his right to free speech — and isn't a terrorist at all.

When Mehanna was arrested two years ago, the charges against him sounded serious. Prosecutors said he traveled to Yemen in 2004 to train in a terrorist camp and conspired to kill U.S. soldiers in Iraq. (Although Mehanna never actually found a camp or trained in one.) The part of this case that people seem to remember most, though, is what Mehanna allegedly wanted to do after he returned to Boston: shoot up a shopping mall."

Edited by The New Richard Nixon

There is actual close up footage of the first explosion and it definetly was no something shot from the sky. It actually looks like it was inside a building near the finish line.

I don't know that. Would you be willing to give a link? The video I had had some really strange lag or distortion, at the start of the video, when the explosion was being done. It merely displayed the aftermath more and the sensationalism of the event. So I never saw the real explosions. AND I had the cable TV turned off today because I never watch it. Seems like a waste to continue to pay 90 bucks for cable TV when I never watch it.

Having them in the area is not shocking. I'm not surprised they had them there. Im more concerned with why the dog didn't detect the bomb. If the bomb was inside the building, maybe the dog couldn't smell it though.

One thing that should be remembered is that due to the thirst of information right away and the need for the news networks to be "first" the next day or two will be filled with rumours, unconfirmed reports, and misunderstandings. So let's not force too much on the random stuff flying around.

• Like 7

Shouldn't that place have been swept and guarded days before the race? It's a perfect target.

They said bomb sniffing dogs went the route before it started . They found nothing...

They hinted the bombs had projectiles . The usual nails bolts etc . Home made. It will be interesting to see what dissecting one reveals.

I'm just glad not all of them detonated . I smell home grown terrorist .

• Like 3