Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explosions reported - Boston Marathon

Sweetpumper

But I consider your view as the barbaric throwback that will harm my family.

Just as barbaric as the view of the terrorists which you enable or even create.

I consider you and them (terrorists) the same (and equally part of the problem) and I know that there are others over there who think like me but it is the terrorist view and yours (very related imo) that gets more airtime because you both yell louder and use stronger language than us.

Then I suggest you are willing to die on your knees and there is no help for you. I live my life day to day in a manner where I hurt no one. But you will excuse my unwillingness to trust someone who OPENLY tells me they want to destroy my way of life. That is foolishness.
  • Like 3

struck you first ? ... in which reality ?

your opinion sounds like crusade more than unwilling to accept things forced on you

wanna go back to 911 ? who done it ? Al-Quada right ? who made them to fight the soviot union ? usa no ?

usa did not get struck first usa struck them thousands times before getting struck

.. just to clear facts up the most high terrorism sect is your own doing

if you wanna blame some one .. blame your goverment for making Al-Qada to fight soviots

while am really supportive of people resistance of anything forced on them and have any right to do so

but keep in mind that so do we have that right

i see no invasion on usa i only see couple of bearly mature kids that easily got fooled into doing something stupid

and they're going to pay for what they did

but to generalize " us " as enemies .. not even your goverment would dare to say so

i see no muslims putting sword to your neck and telling you how to live as a general pattern

so i honestly think you need to clear your head on this one and think logically

You have a right to defend yourselves surely but you have NO right to an ideology that DEMANDS that others believe the same way you do. That is at the heart of this evil that infects the world today. My country is surely flawed but to say America DESERVES what happened on 9-11 is offensive. Perhaps now you will blame America for the mind numbing viciousness your own people are committing against their neighbors in Syria? Is that our fault as well? And your world is a grim one if what was done in Boston seems like the action of a "couple of kids". They lived in that community for 10 years and placed a bomb next to a child with no more concern than if they were playing some game. If 10000 Muslim children were killed before this it still does not justify what THEY individually did. Hate is hate, no matter who engages in it. And I don't generalize anyone as an enemy - they have to either prove it to me OR they have to admit it. As the facts come out (probably from social media) it is going to become abundantly clear what these two "kids" believed and who they blamed for their problems. KoS could YOU set a bomb down next to an 8 year old and just walk away? Because from all I have read from you over the past year I would swear you couldn't. Not even if his parents were your enemy.
  • Like 2

You have a right to defend yourselves surely but you have NO right to an ideology that DEMANDS that others believe the same way you do. That is at the heart of this evil that infects the world today. My country is surely flawed but to say America DESERVES what happened on 9-11 is offensive. Perhaps now you will blame America for the mind numbing viciousness your own people are committing against their neighbors in Syria? Is that our fault as well? And your world is a grim one if what was done in Boston seems like the action of a "couple of kids". They lived in that community for 10 years and placed a bomb next to a child with no more concern than if they were playing some game. If 10000 Muslim children were killed before this it still does not justify what THEY individually did. Hate is hate, no matter who engages in it. And I don't generalize anyone as an enemy - they have to either prove it to me OR they have to admit it. As the facts come out (probably from social media) it is going to become abundantly clear what these two "kids" believed and who they blamed for their problems. KoS could YOU set a bomb down next to an 8 year old and just walk away? Because from all I have read from you over the past year I would swear you couldn't. Not even if his parents were your enemy.

i think you misunderstand my post

i never wanted to justify those two kids actions

i only countered your claim that you were struck first .. and i also never said usa deserved that

but i merely showed a result of actions your goverment did in Afghanstan and your people .. the innocent ones paid the price

it's not the part where i say it was justifed or deserved it was neither

personally i would rather die before causing harm to an innocent person kids or adults alike .

but you crushing the ideal you saying you stand for

you say you stand against anyone to force their ideals on you

why haven't you stood against usa forcing those ideals on afghanstan , iraq ?

all am saying that this " terrorism " did not come out of the blue

there was oppression on your country part to certain group of people and certain actions

that made these people go crazy and started to kill innocent civilians

that doesn't excuse nor justify terrorism acts they are wrong and condemed on my part

but it's also stupid not to take reasons into consideration

the cure starts with finding the causes of the disase

• Like 3

i think you misunderstand my post

i never wanted to justify those two kids actions

i only countered your claim that you were struck first .. and i also never said usa deserved that

but i merely showed a result of actions your goverment did in Afghanstan and your people .. the innocent ones paid the price

it's not the part where i say it was justifed or deserved it was neither

personally i would rather die before causing harm to an innocent person kids or adults alike .

but you crushing the ideal you saying you stand for

you say you stand against anyone to force their ideals on you

why haven't you stood against usa forcing those ideals on afghanstan , iraq ?

all am saying that this " terrorism " did not come out of the blue

there was oppression on your country part to certain group of people and certain actions

that made these people go crazy and started to kill innocent civilians

that doesn't excuse nor justify terrorism acts they are wrong and condemed on my part

but it's also stupid not to take reasons into consideration

the cure starts with finding the causes of the disase

I don't think the US should have stayed in Afghanistan or even to have gone into Iraq. But I think that 911 had a lot more to do with religion than just people striking back at the US for past sins. Anyway, we can agree to disagree on that, I certainly don't have all the answers.

Honestly, I don't care what anyone's *problem* might be, it's never acceptable to set a bomb in the middle of a crowd to kill/maim innocent civilians. It is never accceptable to hijack airplanes full of civilians and crash into buildings full of civilians.

I also tire of hearing how *bad* America is. When I drive around my town I see people of all religions and ethnic backgrounds. There are no laws forcing anyone to believe in any religion they do not choose themselves. Women can show their faces in public, obtain an education, work in any job they choose. People can travel to any location they choose, live anywhere they choose. Unless and until such freedom is available to all people there will be problems.

• Like 8

Honestly, I don't care what anyone's *problem* might be, it's never acceptable to set a bomb in the middle of a crowd to kill/maim innocent civilians. It is never accceptable to hijack airplanes full of civilians and crash into buildings full of civilians.

I also tire of hearing how *bad* America is. When I drive around my town I see people of all religions and ethnic backgrounds. There are no laws forcing anyone to believe in any religion they do not choose themselves. Women can show their faces in public, obtain an education, work in any job they choose. People can travel to any location they choose, live anywhere they choose. Unless and until such freedom is available to all people there will be problems.

Well said ma'am. I find it crazy how fast on this thread that this went to America's fault, you're sick if you identify the enemy and even you're sicker for expressing anger at them. Brittany above just said those expressions are the same as the terrorists. I guess some people need someone they love to get blown up in front of them to understand the difference between a terrorist and an angry American.

• Like 1

Well said ma'am. I find it crazy how fast on this thread that this went to America's fault, you're sick if you identify the enemy and even you're sicker for expressing anger at them. Brittany above just said those expressions are the same as the terrorists. I guess some people need someone they love to get blown up in front of them to understand the difference between a terrorist and an angry American.

The only issue I am taking with this is that people Identifying 1 Billion People as the enemy of the United States. Blanketing an entire religion for the action of a minority is wrong, it shows something very wrong in US Society if the majority think this way (hopefully it is just a few people).

Killing people should always be avoided, there are situations where it is warranted; Self Defence, Liberation from Tyranny, and defending the innocent. There might be a few others but I can't think of them right now.

I have Muslim friends, I've worked with them and fought beside them in Afghanistan, Muslims are not the Enemy of the United States, nor the Western World. The enemy is radicalization and/or anger which can effect anyone and everyone given the right triggers.

~Thanato

• Like 1

The only issue I am taking with this is that people Identifying 1 Billion People as the enemy of the United States. Blanketing an entire religion for the action of a minority is wrong, it shows something very wrong in US Society if the majority think this way (hopefully it is just a few people).

Killing people should always be avoided, there are situations where it is warranted; Self Defence, Liberation from Tyranny, and defending the innocent. There might be a few others but I can't think of them right now.

I have Muslim friends, I've worked with them and fought beside them in Afghanistan, Muslims are not the Enemy of the United States, nor the Western World. The enemy is radicalization and/or anger which can effect anyone and everyone given the right triggers.

~Thanato

Yes the enemy is radical Islam. I never said otherwise and nobody said all Muslims are terrorists. Saying all terrorists are Muslims is not the same thing. It's a big difference. In 99% of cases all serial killers are white guys but its wrong to say all white guys are serial killers.

• Like 1

And right on cue ....

[media=]

[/media]

So once again, wishful thinking by liberal elites was wrong. Some comments from David Horowitz' site:

"So, as the President warned tonight against jumping to conclusions, let's revisit some comments made almost immediately after Monday's terror attack (h/t NRO) :

“We really don’t know who did this … It was Tax Day [after all]." ~ Obama strategist, David Axelrod.

“Might be some other kind of right-wing extremists.” ~ CNN's Peter Bergen

"Pressure cooker bombs have also been a signature of extreme right-wing individuals in the United States who he said tend to revel in building homemade bombs.” ~ CNN's Tim Lister and Paul Cruickshank

“We don’t know anything yet of course, but it is tax day & my first thought was all these anti-gov groups.” ~ Huffington Post's Nida Kahn

“Normally, domestic terrorists, people tend to be on the far right.” ~ MSNBC's Chris Matthews

"Let's Hope the Boston Marathon Bomber Is a White American." ~ Salon's David Sirota"

• Like 2

And right on cue ....

[media=]

[/media]

So once again, wishful thinking by liberal elites was wrong. Some comments from David Horowitz' site:

"So, as the President warned tonight against jumping to conclusions, let's revisit some comments made almost immediately after Monday's terror attack (h/t NRO) :

“We really don’t know who did this … It was Tax Day [after all]." ~ Obama strategist, David Axelrod.

“Might be some other kind of right-wing extremists.” ~ CNN's Peter Bergen

"Pressure cooker bombs have also been a signature of extreme right-wing individuals in the United States who he said tend to revel in building homemade bombs.” ~ CNN's Tim Lister and Paul Cruickshank

“We don’t know anything yet of course, but it is tax day & my first thought was all these anti-gov groups.” ~ Huffington Post's Nida Kahn

“Normally, domestic terrorists, people tend to be on the far right.” ~ MSNBC's Chris Matthews

"Let's Hope the Boston Marathon Bomber Is a White American." ~ Salon's David Sirota"

In terms of Domestic Terrorists you have Right Wing Extremists and Left Wing Extremists. The Right Wing Extremists are more likely to be lone wolf types who want to maximize damage. Left wing types seem to be more Eco and Animal based Extremists, which act in groups.

~Thanato

In terms of Domestic Terrorists you have Right Wing Extremists and Left Wing Extremists. The Right Wing Extremists are more likely to be lone wolf types who want to maximize damage. Left wing types seem to be more Eco and Animal based Extremists, which act in groups.

When was the last time Neo-Nazis killed anyone in the U.S.A.? When was the last time the KKK or anti-Castro groups massacred dozens of people? And when did the Animal Liberation Front last slay hundreds of people?

For the record, ALF has never harmed any humans or animals, in fact 4 of them have died during protest campaigns, run over by trucks carrying livestock etc. Yet the FBI lists environmental and animal rights group the top domestic concern. Go figure!

Thanks for playing Politically Correct Fallacy of the Day.

• Like 2

~Thanato

and muslims more than both the left and right.

• Like 3

Foreign Islamic terrorists are right-wing conservatives in their milieu and the counterparts of dometic right-wing terrorists in America.

That is what they have in common and they are more alike than any type of eco-terrorist.

And both exist because of non-terrorist right-wingers who hold extreme views. Those views are the enemy of progress and the soil in which terrorists thrive. The right-wing here and there is a problem for our world and only through education can we combat it...face it they are not the brightest bunch.

Islamic right-wing hate girls going to school, American right-wing hate academia and scholarship. They pretend to be enemies but seem exactly the same to me.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

Brittany, your thought process is seriously warped. I hope you're not American. If so, you are part of the downfall. Liberalism destroys society.

• Like 4

Islamic right-wing hate girls going to school, American right-wing hate academia and scholarship. They pretend to be enemies but seem exactly the same to me.

The question is not how similar or different all these political, racial, religious views are, the question is who is causing the most terror in Europe, North America and for that matter, the whole world?

• Like 1

Foreign Islamic terrorists are right-wing conservatives in their milieu and the counterparts of dometic right-wing terrorists in America.

That is what they have in common and they are more alike than any type of eco-terrorist.

And both exist because of non-terrorist right-wingers who hold extreme views. Those views are the enemy of progress and the soil in which terrorists thrive. The right-wing here and there is a problem for our world and only through education can we combat it...face it they are not the brightest bunch.

Not sure where you are getting your info from, but it is a skewed source.

• Like 2

^

It is no secret that the right-wing engages in anti-intellectualism (look up this exact term) in favor of populism (look up that term).

If you don't need to look those terms up and already know what they mean then kudos. Most right-wingers will not know.

Your theory definitely doesn't apply to 1960s America. Most acts of terrorism were perpetrated by leftists such as Bill Ayers. He's respected by some individuals in academe, but it's ludicrous to think that most liberal professors do so. Most such generalities on entire groups of individuals *are* quite ludicrous.

• Like 1

^

It is no secret that the right-wing engages in anti-intellectualism (look up this exact term) in favor of populism (look up that term).

If you don't need to look those terms up and already know what they mean then kudos. Most right-wingers will not know.

I suppose that William F. Buckley and George Will (look them up) are anti-intellectual too. Do you think that Charles Krauthammer is an uninformed reactionary populist? I suppose than Ron Paul has a low IQ because he knows the folly of collectivist philosophies. List some examples of individuals that you consider to be anti-intellectual right-wingers.

^

Those descriptions fit all extremists. Actually, they fitted the Soviet Union to a tee. The Soviets used to dedicate all intellect towards the military establishment and the power of the Party. The masses were kept "happy" through promises of equality and the Party would provide for everything. Unfortunately they forgot to tell them that the elite in the Politburo were exempt from all the rules.

I guess they are saying another country warned the FBI of the older brother having ties to extremists.

http://www.foxnews.c...uspect-in-2011/

Russian authorities gave actionable intelligence to us. Why did the FBI not concentrate on this? The suspect went back and forth between the two countries, which should have raised a parade of red flags. Maybe agents were too busy hassling people who bought questionable garden supplies at their local mega store.

Those descriptions fit all extremists. Actually, they fitted the Soviet Union to a tee. The Soviets used to dedicate all intellect towards the military establishment and the power of the Party. The masses were kept "happy" through promises of equality and the Party would provide for everything. Unfortunately they forgot to tell them that the elite in the Politburo were exempt from all the rules.

You also could mention leftist groups that engaged in terrorism, starting with the embryonic stage of anarchism. You could start a new thread on the Red Brigade.

• Like 1

My statement speaks to our contemporary situation and not to the whole scope of history.

That some are stretching to the past to counter that statement alludes to the fact that the majority of the anti-intellectual sentiment, and the closely related religious extremist (fundamentalist) thought, today falls squarely to the right.

Fear and division are the disease.

Education is the antidote.

Progressives appreciate modern scholarship while desiring to increase the provision of information.

While you guys just want to bomb others into the stone age.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

My statement speaks to our contemporary situation and not to the whole scope of history.

The simple fact that some are stretching to the past to counter that statement alludes to the fact that the majority of the anti-intellectual sentiment, and the closely related religious extremist (fundamentalist) thought, today falls squarely to the right.

Fear and division are the disease.

Education is the antidote.

Progressives appreciate modern scholarship while desiring to increase the provision of information.

While you guys just want to bomb others into the stone age.

And you are diminishing it how?

• Like 1

Seriously. Must be one of those guys who bet money on the bomber being a rightie.

An American rightie.