Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explosions reported - Boston Marathon

Sweetpumper

Even Bill Maher disagrees with you Brittany.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/20/liberal-bull-bill-maher-calls-out-prof-claiming-all-religions-are-equally-violent/

Maher argued:

“I mean, there’s only one faith, for example, that kills you or wants to kill you if you draw a bad cartoon of the prophet. There’s only one faith that kills you or wants to kill you if you renounce the faith. An ex-Muslim is a very dangerous thing. Talk to Salman Rushdie after the show about Christian versus Islam…So, you know, I’m just saying, let’s keep it real.”

^

Appeal to authority much?

You guys can argue over who does more terrorism, the right-wing domestic terrorists or the right-wing Islamic terrorists.

In the end they are all right-wing.

Honestly, I don't care what anyone's *problem* might be, it's never acceptable to set a bomb in the middle of a crowd to kill/maim innocent civilians. It is never accceptable to hijack airplanes full of civilians and crash into buildings full of civilians.

I also tire of hearing how *bad* America is. When I drive around my town I see people of all religions and ethnic backgrounds. There are no laws forcing anyone to believe in any religion they do not choose themselves. Women can show their faces in public, obtain an education, work in any job they choose. People can travel to any location they choose, live anywhere they choose. Unless and until such freedom is available to all people there will be problems.

we're just jealous of your freedom

• Like 2

My statement speaks to our contemporary situation and not to the whole scope of history.

That some are stretching to the past to counter that statement alludes to the fact that the majority of the anti-intellectual sentiment, and the closely related religious extremist (fundamentalist) thought, today falls squarely to the right.

Fear and division are the disease.

Education is the antidote.

Progressives appreciate modern scholarship while desiring to increase the provision of information.

While you guys just want to bomb others into the stone age.

Thanks for the laugh. Your post is a parody, right?

My statement speaks to our contemporary situation and not to the whole scope of history.

That some are stretching to the past to counter that statement alludes to the fact that the majority of the anti-intellectual sentiment, and the closely related religious extremist (fundamentalist) thought, today falls squarely to the right.

Fear and division are the disease.

Education is the antidote.

Progressives appreciate modern scholarship while desiring to increase the provision of information.

While you guys just want to bomb others into the stone age.

It's a shame that a young uninformed person as yourself can post in a thread such as this.

^

Appeal to authority much?

You guys can argue over who does more terrorism, the right-wing domestic terrorists or the right-wing Islamic terrorists.

In the end they are all right-wing.

Here, you'll need these...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-wing_terrorism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_terrorism

http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0312031/hs/totinfo.htm

That point becomes moot when someone talks about "fear and division are the disease" while spreading it around like Typhoid Mary. :whistle:

You also could mention leftist groups that engaged in terrorism, starting with the embryonic stage of anarchism. You could start a new thread on the Red Brigade.

Modern political terrorism is the child of the left. Anarchy was born in St Petersburg in the 19th Century. Tsar Alexander II was assasinated by a bomb thrown at his carrige by leftist anarchists. I must add that anarchists were, and are, badly split, followers of Peter Kropotkin never killed for political ends, would not. (I am a supporter of some of his views btw. There, I show my (sometimes leftist) hand, and some honesty). Since assasination of Alexander II it can been seen that most terrorism is from the left. Certainly there have been rightist terrorists, for instance bombing of Bologna railway station, but vast majority have been from the left. Indeed, the Provisonal IRA in the UK are not Catholic religious terrorists as is often portrayed, they are actually marxists. A brief glimpse of the literature of their political wing Sinn Fein will prove that. Also ETA are leftists, and of course the Red Brigades in Italy, and from Germany the Red Army Faction (Baader-Meinhof) and the Revolutionary Cells. It would be ridiculous to equate all terrorists with the right, as has been done on this thread. Extreme left and right are certainly totalitarian, but to say they are the same, and only of the right, is nonsense. Your statement is correct, though I can already hear the sound of blockheads beating their heads against the brickwall of commonsense, and reality.....

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri
  • Like 4

Modern political terrorism is the child of the left. Anarchy was born in St Petersburg in the 19th Century. Tsar Alexander II was assasinated by a bomb thrown at his carrige by leftist anarchists. I must add that anarchists were, and are, badly split, followers of Peter Kropotkin never killed for political ends, would not. (I am a supporter of some of his views btw. There, I show my (sometimes leftist) hand, and some honesty). Since assasination of Alexander II it can been seen that most terrorism is from the left. Certainly there have been rightist terrorists, for instance bombing of Bologna railway station, but vast majority have been from the left. Indeed, the Provisonal IRA in the UK are not Catholic religious terrorists as is often portrayed, they are actually marxists. A brief glimpse of the literature of their political wing Sinn Fein will prove that. Also ETA are leftists, and of course the Red Brigades in Italy, and from Germany the Red Army Faction (Baader-Meinhof) and the Revolutionary Cells. It would be ridiculous to equate all terrorists with the right, as has been done on this thread. Extreme left and right are certainly totalitarian, but to say they are the same, and only of the right, is nonsense. Your statement is correct, though I can already hear the sound of blockheads beating their heads against the brickwall of commonsense, and reality.....

Let's also recall the political nightmare of Europe in the 1800s. There were rumblings and stirrings that led up to the leftist revolution in Russia. It could be that Marxism was the conception. The Russian form of communism was the baby. Thanks for mentioning the IRA. They allied themselves with both anti-Jewish and leftist groups. They weren't just patriotic nationalists. We also can't forget Shining Path. The guerillas aren't limited to the Vietnam War period. We have some domestic terrorists, on the Left, in the United States. These are groups like animal and environmental extremists, but they don't pose the same kind of threat as "Islamists". I use that term because such people don't speak for the majority of mainstream Muslims.

• Like 1

A New Hampshire fireworks store has told the FBI that it sold four-hundred dollars worth of fireworks in February to accused Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev.

The gunpowder in fireworks is often used in bombs.

"He just wanted the biggest, loudest stuff we had in the store," said Megan Kearns, the assistant manager of Phantom Fireworks, in an interview with ABC News affiliate WMUR.

Kearns said Tsarnaev -- the older of the two brothers now accused in the blast -- bought two large reloadable mortar kits during a two for one sale. She said she remembered Tamerlan because of his Russia accent. The store has since confirmed his purchase with store records.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/boston-bombs-built-fireworks/story?id=19028841

• Like 2

Can't blame the store for anything. People going into the fireworks store asking for the biggest loudest boomer they have is a daily occurrence. I've been that guy.

• Like 3

Tamerlan Tsarnaev

“It was very hard to argue with him on themes somehow connected to religion. On the other hand, he did not hate Christians. He respected their faith. Never said anything bad about other religions. But he was angry that the world pictures Islam as a violent religion.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/24/us/boston-marathon-bombing-developments.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

LMAO! God, people are stupid.

• Like 2

"But he was angry that the world pictures Islam as a violent religion.” (bomber #1)

Some statements are even beyond stupid.

• Like 3

Tamerlan Tsarnaev

“It was very hard to argue with him on themes somehow connected to religion. On the other hand, he did not hate Christians. He respected their faith. Never said anything bad about other religions. But he was angry that the world pictures Islam as a violent religion.”

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

LMAO! God, people are stupid.

That's right up there with "I'm not a bigot like those stupid people from the South" or "as a woman, I can tell you that all men are sexist pigs". On topic, they should stop showing the "nice guy next door" photos of these mass killers. They look like a Boy Scout and a choir boy. By the pictures, you would think that these men pulled an old woman from a burning car.

• Like 1