Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

That's one to get to the top of the class

Commander CMG

Yesterday I read that UK schools are taking away play areas from the premises, in the wake of all the insurnace claims..

Take a look at this:

These schoolchildren in southern China are so keen to get to school that they make the perilous journey on narrow wooden ladders every day, with no safety precautions.

Their village in the remote Badagong mountains in Sangzhi county is surrounded by sheer drops on every side, making the school run a daily struggle.

The only way out of Zhang Jiawan village, unless the children have time for a four-hour cross country detour, is via a series of rickety-looking ladders leading down to the valley below.

arrow3.gifView: Full article here

• Like 1

That is some seriously beautiful landscape. The views at the top must make the daily climb up and down worthwhile just on their own. I don't know how I would feel if I had a child so young making the daily journey though, surely they are supervised?

Imagine all the fresh mountain air 24/7 - I'm more than a little jealous.

• Like 1

Can you imagine waiting for the kids to come home from school.

Dad “what’s for dinner love

Mum “not sure yet, it depends who how many make it home from school

Dad “so there’s a chance of extra portions then

I can see why he doesn't look down. Man paerent here in the state would be screaming their head off.