Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Westboro to picket Boston funerals

Ashotep

They have the right to say whatever they want. And I have the right to think their idiots... :su

I agree. But some here are calling on the government to investigate them and close them down. Unless they have broken some law I just don't get this attitude. Hell I wish the KKK and Black Panthers didn't exist either. But as long as they don't break any laws I will just have to live with them being around.

• Like 1

Hey, Nibs!

I'm sure individuals with Leftist leanings may agree with you, but overall, the Left speaks a good game about how bad the WBC is, but they sure do tolerate them at the funeral protests.

I really don't see this. Oh sure, they have to speak out against them because so much of what WBC does is anti-gay, but as long as they're doing their ugly stuff at soldiers' funerals and not at the local gay bar....

Hiya! *hugs*

Heck, any group that can get Anonymous, celebrities, Freedom Riders and the KKK on the same page is just generally hated across all boards.

Nibs

• Like 1

I agree. But some here are calling on the government to investigate them and close them down. Unless they have broken some law I just don't get this attitude. Hell I wish the KKK and Black Panthers didn't exist either. But as long as they don't break any laws I will just have to live with them being around.

The logical side of my brain agrees with you. the other side that is a mother of a vet, married to a vet (and republican :) ), friend of many, still wants to see them tarred and feathered then dropped in the middle of a desert with nothing but pixie sticks.

Nibs

Hiya! *hugs*

Heck, any group that can get Anonymous, celebrities, Freedom Riders and the KKK on the same page is just generally hated across all boards.

Nibs

*hugs* right back at ya.

Oh, yeah, and there was the time President Obama warned that they should not cause further grief and pain to the families of fallen soldiers... oh, wait, he hasn't said that. He was too busy talking about "Tea--baggers" being anti-American. But there was the time Nancy Pelosi spoke out against... oh no wait, she also was talking about "Tea--baggers." Oh, no wait, Chris Matthews... oh yeah, he was also attacking "Tea--baggers."

Hmmm

Edited by IamsSon
  • Like 1

I think WBC may have finally gone too far. Hey, if they want to protest the funerals of US service personnel that's perfectly fine with the Left because, really, they would love to still be spitting on the ones who return alive and would probably like to protest the funerals themselves, but now they are going to protest the funerals of people who died in Boston, people who may have been good little Leftist, well, now, we can't have that.

It's been a long time IamsSon, but.....

Come on.....you're an intelligent man. Smart enough to know that lumping all people on the left as people disliking US military personnel is utter BS!

I'm primarily a "Lefty", but everyone I know as well as myself do not condone protesting by anyone against anyone that is at a funeral!

Although there are some that dislike the military, I have never met one. I am liberal (lefty) and I am proud of our men and women in the armed forces.

Why are you making this a left vs right issue? Did a lefty pull your underwear over your head this morning?

• Like 4

*hugs* right back at ya.

Oh, yeah, and there was the time President Obama warned that they should not cause further grief and pain to the families of fallen soldiers... oh, wait, he hasn't said that. He was too busy talking about "Tea--baggers" being anti-American. But there was the time Nancy Pelosi spoke out against... oh no wait, she also was talking about "Tea--baggers." Oh, no wait, Chris Matthews... oh yeah, he was also attacking "Tea--baggers."

Hmmm

If they did say something, you and others would most likely be on here screaming about them being anti-1st amendment.

They’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

Edited by Odin11
  • Like 1

It's been a long time IamsSon, but.....

Come on.....you're an intelligent man. Smart enough to know that lumping all people on the left as people disliking US military personnel is utter BS!

I'm primarily a "Lefty", but everyone I know as well as myself do not condone protesting by anyone against anyone that is at a funeral!

Although there are some that dislike the military, I have never met one. I am liberal (lefty) and I am proud of our men and women in the armed forces.

Why are you making this a left vs right issue? Did a lefty pull your underwear over your head this morning?

Because it is a left vs. right issue, or it will probably play out that way. I haven't seen much media outrage at the WBC being at the soldeirs' funerals, but somehow I'm pretty sure that if they do show up at the funerals of Boston Marathon Bombing victims, the media will be in full-on outrage... unless the person happens to be a known conservative.

Please note that I did admit that it probably did not apply to all Leftists. The "Left" just as the "Right" usually refers to those who are seen as, or who place themselves in the role of speakers for that side. I have no way of knowing who you are IRL, but I'm failrly sure you are not Chris Matthews, Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, or even Bill Maher.

Just like I don't agree with everything the "Right" is supposed to stand for, I understand individuals don't stand for all the "Left" does.

If they did say something, you and others would most likely be on here screaming about them being anti-1st amendment.

Didn't seem to stop them speaking out against tea--baggers. Edited by IamsSon
  • Like 1

The logical side of my brain agrees with you. the other side that is a mother of a vet, married to a vet (and republican :) ), friend of many, still wants to see them tarred and feathered then dropped in the middle of a desert with nothing but pixie sticks.

Nibs

I wouldn't shead a tear if a tornado came through and destroyed their church, killed every adult member, and did no other damage. However I would not like to see any type of vigilante justice handed out to these people. They aren't worth the damage to your soul.

• Like 2

I wouldn't shead a tear if a tornado came through and destroyed their church, killed every adult member, and did no other damage. However I would not like to see any type of vigilante justice handed out to these people. They aren't worth the damage to your soul.

I understand. Like I said, logic vs emotion.

I'd just like to see karma roll right over them. :)

Nibs

• Like 2

Why in the hell can't someone blow these pieces of **** up? What is the point in doing this to those families? Burn in hell *******s... no one would even bother picketing your funerals, because no one would care.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2

Why in the hell can't someone blow these pieces of **** up? What is the point in doing this to those families? Burn in hell *******s... no one would even bother picketing your funerals, because no one would care.

The sad thing is, anyone who protests at Phelp's funeral (on that wonderful day) will basically be saying, "You won."

Really? So who decides which law abiding groups get blown up next? Should we blow up the ACLU, I'm sure some think so. How about NAMBLA, again I'm sure some think so. The Rainbow Coalition? The Oath Keepers? Will it require a majority or just a sizable minority? Can we dicide which religions we will tolerate and which will get blown up because of their beliefs?

Come on people. I dislike them as much as the next person but somethings called for here are simply un-American (for lack of a better word. Pretty sure un-FreedomLovers :no: isn't a word).

• Like 3

Really? So who decides which law abiding groups get blown up next? Should we blow up the ACLU, I'm sure some think so. How about NAMBLA, again I'm sure some think so. The Rainbow Coalition? The Oath Keepers? Will it require a majority or just a sizable minority? Can we dicide which religions we will tolerate and which will get blown up because of their beliefs?

Come on people. I dislike them as much as the next person but somethings called for here are simply un-American (for lack of a better word. Pretty sure un-FreedomLovers :no: isn't a word).

I agree with 'ya. This is America and they have rights. And freedom of speech is one of them. We can't arrest groups or people just because we don't like what they say, no matter how asinine it is.

• Like 2

The people opposing marriage between same sex couples based on their religious beliefs in my opinion are no different than these religious extremist. Trying to force their opinion on everyone else, that marriage is a Christian right when nothing could be further from the truth. I see them in the exact same light !

I wasn't being very serious dude, calm yourself. I didn't ask someone to go do it. Pretty much saying I would shrug my shoulders if it happened to them..

I wasn't being very serious dude, calm yourself. I didn't ask someone to go do it. Pretty much saying I would shrug my shoulders if it happened to them..

I know what you mean. I wouldn't care if the adults were killed. I just feel sorry for their kids.

• Like 3

I know what you mean. I wouldn't care if the adults were killed. I just feel sorry for their kids.

Of course I wouldn't want any kids hurt. It's just sad they have to grow up being brainwashed.

• Like 3

Gotcha. I was calm. I thought you might be a little off kilter. Good to know you weren't very serious. :tu:

I agree, but it would be better if it were an "Act of God" so to speak. :innocent:

I wouldn't loose one minute of sleep if a sinkhole opened up and swallowed all of the adult members of that church. I believe in Freedom of Speech as much as the next person and yes these people do have the right to it as well but they preach hate and intolerance. They seem to enjoy making people mad and hurting those that have already been hurt by death even further.

Here's a little history of this group.

http://www.historycommons.org/timeline.jsp?timeline=us_domestic_terrorism_tmln&haitian_elite_2021_organizations=us_domestic_terrorism_tmln_westboro_baptist_church

I really don't see this. Oh sure, they have to speak out against them because so much of what WBC does is anti-gay, but as long as they're doing their ugly stuff at soldiers' funerals and not at the local gay bar....

I've seen plenty of lefties be just as outraged at WBC picketing soldier's funerals as they are when they're being anti-gay. I've seen plenty of lefties sing the praises of bikers who ensure that the funerals of soldiers are protected from the WBC's hate. Saying that the left hates soldiers is akin to saying the right worships soldiers. Both are unfair sterotypes that have little basis in reality. There is no right vs left divide in this matter. Everyone thinks the WBC is a waste of life, no matter if they're anti-gay or anti-soldiers. Just because there's no huge media outcry doesn't mean their actions are getting approval. It just means WBC is being ignored no matter who they're protesting. That's why they jump on big issues like this, so they can get attention.

• Like 4

The WBC just wants to get their name in the press, and have people talk about them.

IGNORE THEM. That goes for the media as well. Threads like this just keep their hopes alive.

WHO CARES what they do? All it really boils down to is attention seeking behavior with the hopes of a lawsuit against someone.

• Like 3

Maybe they should be considered suspects in the bombings. That would give them the attention they want.

Given their recent activities, they definitely should be on the suspect list. In fact, the bombs were made from pressure cookers, very homemade and amatuerish - someone like a continuously hate spewing and attention seeking WBC escalating their hatreds is worth considering.

• Like 3

I think WBC may have finally gone too far. Hey, if they want to protest the funerals of US service personnel that's perfectly fine with the Left because, really, they would love to still be spitting on the ones who return alive and would probably like to protest the funerals themselves, but now they are going to protest the funerals of people who died in Boston, people who may have been good little Leftist, well, now, we can't have that.

What a bunch of hooey that is.

• Like 2

I don't think that Westboro qualifies as being Christian in the first place....

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:34-35

You are right. I've never talked to any Christian who supports these quacks. Most are upset that it sheds a bad light on them.

• Like 3

WHO CARES what they do? All it really boils down to is attention seeking behavior with the hopes of a lawsuit against someone.

I'd say the innocent people who have these hatefilled vultures descending on their moments of grief would care.

And we should care because they care, we are after all human. We embody the best and worst of human each of us, WBC are presenting themselves as the worst so we must present the best.

• Like 5