Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ricin detected at US Capitol mail facility

pallidin

An envelope that tested positive for the deadly poison ricin was intercepted at the U.S. Capitol's off-site mail facility in Washington, congressional and law enforcement sources tell CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/16/us/tainted-letter-intercepted/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

• Like 2

That's horrible and I hope they catch the party responsible. If you don't like someone in office in the next election vote instead of trying to kill them.

• Like 4

Senator Roger Wicker -R- of Mississippi was the intended target.

Wicker_190.jpg

Edited by Yamato

Senator Roger Wicker -R- of Mississippi was the intended target.

Wicker_190.jpg

Jesus he looks like he's always watching my little ponies in his mom's basement and hasn't seen the sun in 12 years.

• Like 1

Jesus he looks like he's always watching my little ponies in his mom's basement and hasn't seen the sun in 12 years.

He's as white as ricin, is what you're saying?

• Like 1

Sounds like this guy was just a backbencher. Odd target unless there's something he did that really p***ed people off.

I suspect that this is designed to give the American people the belief that their government, and therefore their country are under attack.

We saw the same tactic immediately following 911.

I suspect that this may allow the President to sign additional executive orders to invade the privacy of everyone, in order to hopefully catch the bomber. These special orders may allow him to vacuum up every phone call, every keystroke, of whomever they choose across the entire U.S.

Fear is a weapon the government routinely uses to deny constitutional guarantees and protection.

The media happily go along without seriously questioning the obvious.

I would argue that the trust they destroy with each of these scare tactics far exceeds the eventual capture of a fugitive, because the abuse of authority is a more permanent scar, by far.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 2

So, you're saying that elements of the US Gov. mailed deadly poison to promote an agenda?

That sounds seriously paronoid.

BTW, the Feds have arrested the perp. No Gov. conspiracy here. Sorry to burst your bubble.

• Like 4

So, you're saying that elements of the US Gov. mailed deadly poison to promote an agenda?

BTW, the Feds have arrested the perp. No Gov. conspiracy here. Sorry to burst your bubble.

What you might have forgotten is the details surrounding the anthrax attacks. You might have not realized that because of those attacks Congress was doing business AWAY FROM the Capitol building. That, because they were all scared silly of the anthrax threat.

And in that state of fear, they passed the UNpatriot Act, which among other things, effectively nullified the Fourth Amendment.

Just trying to keep things in perspective Pallidin. :yes:

• Like 1

I would have said "That sounds seriously absurd".

• Like 1

What you might have forgotten is the details surrounding the anthrax attacks. You might have not realized that because of those attacks Congress was doing business AWAY FROM the Capitol building. That, because they were all scared silly of the anthrax threat.

And in that state of fear, they passed the UNpatriot Act, which among other things, effectively nullified the Fourth Amendment.

Just trying to keep things in perspective Pallidin. :yes:

Just keep in mind that 99% of conspiracy pushers had zero to do with the subject being discussed,and largely probably reached their conclusions via some half-assed shady Youtube video's. Thus, making it really hard to take anyone serious who claims wild accusations. Another thing to take note, that by feeding the internet conspiracy theories there IS A REAL CHANCE YOUR JUST SPREADING FALSE FACTS. Sorry, 99% of the conspiracy theorists practically ruin any chance of the 1% who are legit of being taken seriously. Truth be told, I think im gonna stop reading Unexplained Mysteries, because none of the stuff being posted is in the realm of appropriate content. I mean, example...

Higgs crying over the Boson being called "God Particle" , crying about "He isnt religious so please stop calling it a God Particle". New graphics beat 'uncanny valley concerns' ??? WHAT KIND OF UNEXPLAINED MYSTERIES ARE THESE.

Edited by MindfieldzX
  • Like 1

Well good that they were able to quickly catch the guy, though not surprising since he used the mail and signed off with a catch phrase.

• Like 2

Just read the newspaper version at lunch. "I'm KC and I approve this message" shows the guy has a sense of humor, but he must be rather on the stoopid side.

• Like 2

Are you saying he's too white. Not everyone likes to bake themselves in the sun and get skin cancer.

Just read the newspaper version at lunch. "I'm KC and I approve this message" shows the guy has a sense of humor, but he must be rather on the stoopid side.

Check out: http://www.infowars.com/ricin-arrest-suspect-appears-to-be-mentally-unstable-democratic-supporter/

Under “political views” Curtis lists himself as an “Independent”. However, he is pictured with a bumper sticker that states “CHRISTIAN and a DEMOCRAT”. Curtis also describes himself as a Christian on his Facebook page. There are also several posts in which Curtis encourages support for his “friend” Jason Shelton, a democratic Tupelo mayoral candidate.

180413Curtis2.jpg

Shelton himself has told reporters that he believes Curtis to be “insane and out to harm people,” adding that he had blocked Curtis on Facebook several days ago because of continual harassment.

“The guy is definitely not a friend of mine,” Shelton said. “He’s never been a friend of mine.”

“3 Years of research lead to countless court battles, cops harassing me weekly, death threats, personal & financial losses, several thefts, my home burned down, car exploded, marriage dissolved & bankruptcy,” Curtis writes on the website.

“They distracted my career, they stalked, they trolled, they came in to my home, took my computers, had me arrested 22 times and guess what? I am still a thorn in their corrupt anals!” he writes in another post.

While it appears that Curtis filed an employment discrimination lawsuit against the Tupelo hospital in 2000, there does not appear to be any evidence that he was involved in a lengthy court case, given that the complaint was dismissed less than a year later.

Curtis appears to believe he is some kind of activist attempting to “expose the illegal body parts and organ trade market world-wide”. He claims “I personally sent out more than a million emails in one year detailing what happened to me when I found the body parts at NMMC.”

He also registered a petition on the Change.org website about two years ago calling for federal regulations of organ harvesting.

The Clarion-Ledger reports that Curtis has a criminal history and mental issues.

“If it’s Kevin Curtis, we’ve had him in our jail about 4 times, mostly misdemeanors like simple assault. But in 2008 for telephone harassment and stalking,” Prentiss County Sheriff Randy Tolar said.

“I think he has some very serious psychological issues from my dealings with him. In the past I had read some of his Facebook postings and it was very far out there. He’ll get down on you and bash you with everything he’s got, even making up stuff, and I’ve seen that side of him.” the Sheriff added.

I suspect that this may allow the President to sign additional executive orders to invade the privacy of everyone, in order to hopefully catch the bomber. These special orders may allow him to vacuum up every phone call, every keystroke, of whomever they choose across the entire U.S.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/SWAT-teams-comb-Watertown-homes/-/475880/19813588/-/format/rss_2.0/-/s12c8vz/-/index.html

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/18/far-reaching-cybersecurity-bill-cispa-passes-house-despite-civil-liberty-concerns/

When I heard this story on the news something about it seemed very familiar. Way back in 2007 the guy actually posted on here about the "body part conspiracy"

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=109029

Wow. That's all I have to say!

I'm happy they caught the bad guy, but shutting down the entire city was almost as bad as what the bomber did. What will they do if several cities are bombed, shut down the country? This is the best advertising for terrorism I could imagine. Look how easy it was to cause complete and utter chaos, and to lock everyone in their homes. The entire city of Boston went to jail for a day!

What this incident reveals, is the danger of the state to our freedom, far more than the danger of the occasional terrorist.

The bad guys know us, and they leave us a lone? After the way this was handled, don't count on it. The smoke signal reads, "their freedom goes poof! when ya blow on it."

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

UPDATE:

http://news.yahoo.com/apnewsbreak-ricin-suspect-released-jail-171027275.html

Ricin Suspect Released:

FBI Agent Brandon Grant testified searches on Friday of Curtis' vehicle and house in Corinth, Miss., found no ricin, ingredients for the poison, or devices used to make it. A search of Curtis' computers found no evidence he researched making ricin.

"There was no apparent ricin, castor beans or any material there that could be used for the manufacturing, like a blender or something," Grant testified. He speculated that Curtis could have thrown away the processor.

Through McCoy, Curtis has denied involvement in the letters. The first of the letters was found April 15.

"The searches are concluded, not one single shred of evidence was found to indicate Kevin could have done this," McCoy told reporters after the hearing Monday.

McCoy also questioned why Curtis would have signed the letters "I am KC and I approve this message," a phrase he had used on his Facebook page.

McCoy said in court that someone may have framed Curtis, suggesting that a former business associate of Curtis' brother, a man with whom Curtis had an extended exchange of angry emails, may have set him up.

Interesting that it is being suggested that it may have been a set up, seeing that he's accused others of trying to ruin his life over the body-parts thing.

What do you think? Is he a victim of some type of gang-stalking?

• Like 3