Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GMO corn to be highly toxic

Ashotep

Let me ask you few questions:

1) who is responsible for 13622 farmer suicides in India in 1997 (before Bt cotton was introduced)?

2) who is responsible for 16015 farmer suicides in India in 1998 (before Bt cotton was introduced)?

3) who is responsible for 16082 farmer suicides in India in 1999 (before Bt cotton was introduced)?

4) who is responsible for 16603 farmer suicides in India in 2000 (before Bt cotton was introduced)?

Lets say one car brand prevails in accidents (especially in fatal). Does it means particular car manufacturer is to blame?

You should add the word Jindal-egg plant and the whole country of India was going to sue the socks off of Monsanto for stealing Jindal and planning to morph it into something to their liking. When is the court date in Delhi? So was it true many farmers in India drank pesticides and herbicides as reported over and over again? Your stats as 1 through 4 were never seen before. Those are very low numbers when it's over 200,000 suicides any where you find the sad news from India.

Agent Orange in Vietnam: Two share the blame, the U.S. gov and Munsanto, (who had warning "labels" on the AO containers) and neither one cares! Let's blame the manufacturer and the pilot's higher officers who "ordered" them to spray a known hazardous material untested on humans. Sounds a bit like GMO corn flakes carrying Bt in the corn kernel's new gene! Untested on human guinea pigs, the always hungry consumers!

Jump on in Hilander the corn is popping!

• Like 4

Logic would dictate that eating corn engineered to work hand in hand with ample amounts of pesticide = not as healthy as eating regular home grown corn with zero pesticides! It is not rocket science here, no charts are needed to understand this.

Pesticide? Or herbicide? And pesticides/herbicides (even more vicious) were in use long before GM.

According to the other car manufacturers, yes they are.

Say what?!!! In your own logic everything can be bad upon rival's say. Wow... You beat... ah,,, forget it...

You should add the word Jindal-egg plant and the whole country of India was going to sue the socks off of Monsanto for stealing Jindal and planning to morph it into something to their liking. When is the court date in Delhi? [...]

Don't know. Can you enlighten me?

[...] Those are very low numbers when it's over 200,000 suicides any where you find the sad news from India.

[...]

Ok, here is suicide statistics In India (kinda differs from this report). Please point where is the surge in suicides.

BTW, you may find aforementioned report quite useful.

[...]

Agent Orange in Vietnam: Two share the blame, the U.S. gov and Munsanto, (who had warning "labels" on the AO containers) and neither one cares! Let's blame the manufacturer and the pilot's higher officers who "ordered" them to spray a known hazardous material untested on humans. Sounds a bit like GMO corn flakes carrying Bt in the corn kernel's new gene! Untested on human guinea pigs, the always hungry consumers!

Jump on in Hilander the corn is popping!

As we learn, we become wiser. But you always can come back to the Mother Nature (still there are areas) just leave everything behind: no iron tools (no animal in nature use those), no matches/lighters/sticks grinding (no animal in nature use those) just wait for lightening strike to cook whatever you find (or you can it eat raw), no building cabins, unless you are using fallen branches, and so on, and so on, etc, etc, etc. And no freaking poisoned arrows - no animal in nature use those.

[...]

I swear, if that guys paycheck doesn't have mosato chemical company printed across the top of it I'll eat my hat.

I must confess: I'm CIA/ex-KGB thug, Stasi killer, newborn blood drinker... What else... Ah yes, what is it in North Korean... Huy Sun Wzhopu...

Jeez...

Go read his other posts on this subject and the only conclusion you can come up with is he is an employee of monsato. What you saw in my post was the frustration of someone tired of listening to monsatos PR spokesman. Take that stupid graph linking organic food to autism :innocent: If that were true then everyone since the begining of civilization up to the 1950's would have been autistic. I swear, if that guys paycheck doesn't have mosato chemical company printed across the top of it I'll eat my hat.

I have followed these topics and I must admit that sometimes I am truy shocked by the gullibility of people eating up nonsense that I wouldn't even call research. And I sincerely do not see the problem in what bmk has been posting. But lets have a look at this particular topic, shall we? What bmk pointed out as issues with this particular study were:

• No experimental details
  • no variety of corn tested
  • no information on growth stage at which samples were taken

At no point did he state whether he agreed or disagreed with the conclusion reached although I am pretty sure I can guess where he stands and I would agree with him. Frankly, the aforementioned points are points any researcher worth his/her salt would include in a study and that it was not speaks volumes. And they are points anybody that has applied some critical thinking would ask towards if not included. And you chose to pull the typical CT card and accuse him of being on some entities payroll while not even commenting on a single point bmk raised, although they are all big, glaring red flags! When you report something like this the correct procedure is:

• Describe what you are trying to accomplish (investigate GMO corn)
  • How do you accomplish this (by gathering GNO corn and analysing them)
  • What are your specimens (which crops did you sample with all details included, growth stage, location, if sprayed, possible soil contaminants, etc.)
  • How was the analysis performed (which equipment was used, what accuracy was possible and specifically what was tested for)
  • How does it compare to control and what was the error range (how well can you expect the results to compare)
  • What was the conclusion

That is how real research is done. This study is, well, crap, and not worth the paper it was written on. So you can either go out and chase real research or keep your tinfoil hat on and gobble up scaremongering garbage like this.

Cheers,

Badeskov

I have followed these topics and I must admit that sometimes I am truy shocked by the gullibility of people eating up nonsense that I wouldn't even call research. And I sincerely do not see the problem in what bmk has been posting. But lets have a look at this particular topic, shall we? What bmk pointed out as issues with this particular study were:

• No experimental details
  • no variety of corn tested
  • no information on growth stage at which samples were taken

At no point did he state whether he agreed or disagreed with the conclusion reached although I am pretty sure I can guess where he stands and I would agree with him. Frankly, the aforementioned points are points any researcher worth his/her salt would include in a study and that it was not speaks volumes. And they are points anybody that has applied some critical thinking would ask towards if not included. And you chose to pull the typical CT card and accuse him of being on some entities payroll while not even commenting on a single point bmk raised, although they are all big, glaring red flags! When you report something like this the correct procedure is:

• Describe what you are trying to accomplish (investigate GMO corn)
  • How do you accomplish this (by gathering GNO corn and analysing them)
  • What are your specimens (which crops did you sample with all details included, growth stage, location, if sprayed, possible soil contaminants, etc.)
  • How was the analysis performed (which equipment was used, what accuracy was possible and specifically what was tested for)
  • How does it compare to control and what was the error range (how well can you expect the results to compare)
  • What was the conclusion

That is how real research is done. This study is, well, crap, and not worth the paper it was written on. So you can either go out and chase real research or keep your tinfoil hat on and gobble up scaremongering garbage like this.

Cheers,

Badeskov

No ,this is how crap we don't want to ingest/be injected with/have forced upon us "research" is done .

You get your paycheck from the same people who pay the bmk guy to google and cut and paste as many doctored research papers and wikiapedias, as he can find .,

Given the worldwide movement against this ,including crops being made illegal,banned and burned ,in other countries ,just shows how gullible we are NOT.

YOU eat it .Make your kids eat nothing but gmos ,given its so safe .

. If we don't want to ,that is our prerogative.

• Like 4

Any actions, or arguments against an individual's right to choose is a slippery slope. We haven't seen any of that from said biotech corporations, have we? :P

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 2

No ,this is how crap we don't want to ingest/be injected with/have forced upon us "research" is done .

By all means of respect, but what is total crap here is your post. You, as others, let your credulousness take the best of you and believe some anonymous, leaked study that has no data to support it and run off scaremongering. Because you want to believe what said anonymous, leaked study tells you without applying a single iota of critical thinking towards the subject.

And you, as others, did not look at what bmk actually posted (or what I posted, for that matter), rather you take it as an objection towards what you believe and start whining without a single, rational argument to back you up. Did you see either bmk or I argue in favor of GMOs?

You get your paycheck from the same people who pay the bmk guy to google and cut and paste as many doctored research papers and wikiapedias, as he can find .,

Utter BS. At least I am still looking for that elusive paycheck. Nonetheless, we are still back you you gluing yourself onto some completely unsubstantiated nonsense.

Given the worldwide movement against this ,including crops being made illegal,banned and burned ,in other countries ,just shows how gullible we are NOT.

I do not care about a worldwide movement that has no substantiation.

YOU eat it .Make your kids eat nothing but gmos ,given its so safe .

. If we don't want to ,that is our prerogative.

I do. Present something that actually has some substance and I will look into it. Until then, it is just nonsense.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

it seems that everything you read these days tells you that everything you eat/do/drink/breathe/touch will kill you, so, in future, i'm going to stop

reading.

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 5

UPDATE: "Since 1997, 182,936 Indian farmers have taken their lives and the numbers continue to rise. According to a recent study by the National Crime Records Bureau, 46 Indian farmers kill themselves every day – that is roughly one suicide every 30 minutes – an alarming statistic in a country where agriculture is the economic mainstay".

Monsanto in India

That's alarming, every 30 minutes.

Here's another link. I feel for anyone that has to deal with Monsanto.

Monsanto and the Seeds of Suicide

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 1

christ hil, that's unbelievable!! worse when you consider most of 'em's hindus. they must be in a pretty dark place to want to be reincarnated as a politician!!

thanks for posting though, i'm now gonna steal it and post it on FB for all my activist friends to get worked up about.....

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

The Non-GMO Project is a non-profit organization committed to preserving and building sources of non-GMO products, educating consumers, and providing verified non-GMO choices.

link

GMO Myths and Truths

Click here to download “GMO Myths and Truths” – An evidence-based examination of the claims made for the safety and efficacy of genetically modified crops. This 2012 document is prepared by the preeminent researchers and scientists: Michael Antoniou, Claire Robinson, and John Fagan.

link

What are GMOs?

GMOs, or “genetically modified organisms,” are plants or animals that have been genetically engineered with DNA from bacteria, viruses or other plants and animals. These experimental combinations of genes from different species cannot occur in nature or in traditional crossbreeding.

Virtually all commercial GMOs are engineered to withstand direct application of herbicide and/or to produce an insecticide. Despite biotech industry promises, none of the GMO traits currently on the market offer increased yield, drought tolerance, enhanced nutrition, or any other consumer benefit.

Meanwhile, a growing body of evidence connects GMOs with health problems, environmental damage and violation of farmers’ and consumers’ rights.

Are GMOs safe?

Most developed nations do not consider GMOs to be safe. In more than 60 countries around the world, including Australia, Japan, and all of the countries in the European Union, there are significant restrictions or outright bans on the production and sale of GMOs. In the U.S., the government has approved GMOs based on studies conducted by the same corporations that created them and profit from their sale. Increasingly, Americans are taking matters into their own hands and choosing to opt out of the GMO experiment.

link

NO mas ...

553005_445156762239829_200430976_n.jpg

:no:

~

• Like 2

Dear lord...

No one cares about quacks selling poisonous remedies, even more - its endorsed.

Freaking middle ages... Burn evil potatoes.

Heck, maybe some true in all of this GM scare - stupidity gene flows...

• Like 1

Dear lord...

No one cares about quacks selling poisonous remedies, even more - its endorsed.

Freaking middle ages... Burn evil potatoes.

Heck, maybe some true in all of this GM scare - stupidity gene flows...

:tu: I hope it is possible to isolate the stupidity gene, but over here a huge corporation may claim exclusive ownership!

I liked all three contributions to Hilander's entry. I doubt she get's an e-mail notice of actions. I have been waiting since 2006 for my first one! :whistle:

Well said folks and thanks for the important link and the great apple/pear graphics & warnings on GMO foods. America is asleep at the wheel, again!

Washington D.C.'s politicos need lots of e-mails about another division among the populace; in this country that they manage badly! :td:

Fighting Big Agra and Big Pharma is the old adage naming the fight "Another rough row to hoe". :gun:

• Like 3

:tu: I hope it is possible to isolate the stupidity gene, but over here a huge corporation may claim exclusive ownership!

I liked all three contributions to Hilander's entry. I doubt she get's an e-mail notice of actions. I have been waiting since 2006 for my first one! :whistle:

Well said folks and thanks for the important link and the great apple/pear graphics & warnings on GMO foods. America is asleep at the wheel, again!

Washington D.C.'s politicos need lots of e-mails about another division among the populace; in this country that they manage badly! :td:

Fighting Big Agra and Big Pharma is the old adage naming the fight "Another rough row to hoe". :gun:

ignore that one. It trolls me all over the place ,crying I'm a quack because I'm an acupuncturist herbalist .

Then it posts articles it doesn't understand ,in regard to both .

Then it has to say vaccines and gmos are good,so it gets its pay check .

;)

I

• Like 1

Hilarious, coming from YOU. The ultimately deluded one. rofl.gif

You're still full of it i see.

What about that other thread where everyone, AGAIN, put you in your place. You turned all silent when called out on your lies. And here you feel all comfortable calling someone else a troll?

You need to look in the mirror, there's the real troll.

ignore that one. It trolls me all over the place ,crying I'm a quack because I'm an acupuncturist herbalist .

Then it has to say vaccines and gmos are good,so it gets its pay check .

;)

I

I was not aware and I thought it was a negative reply to the likes of Big Pharma. It was a bit out of context mixing the odd words too. Thanks!

Ty Bolinger Tweeted to all Followers yesterday: "Many cancers in adults originate in vaccines we are given as children." Wow!

• Like 4

I never get a notification when people make a reply, figure I might have something set wrong.
  • Like 1

Has everyone heard about the unauthorized, never approved for use, genetically modified wheat getting out of the lab and being found on US farms. Now Japan doesn't want any of our wheat and the Europeans are testing for it in their grain shipments.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/unapproved-genetically-modified-wheat-from-monsanto-found-in-oregon-field/2013/05/30/93fe7abe-c95e-11e2-8da7-d274bc611a47_story.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/31/gmo-wheat-seeds-eu-us-monsanto_n_3366676.html

• Like 4

Hilarious, coming from YOU. The ultimately deluded one. rofl.gif

You're still full of it i see.

What about that other thread where everyone, AGAIN, put you in your place. You turned all silent when called out on your lies. And here you feel all comfortable calling someone else a troll?

You need to look in the mirror, there's the real troll.

Awww gee. I took you off ignore . Barely lasted a nanosecond.

I don't post SHILL RHETORIC ,like some people *coughs* ,and I've never trolled anyone ,which the mods can attest .

I also post facts as I know them ,from 30 years experience ,which I doubt you can . You google nonsense,and post it as if you wrote it yourself ,much like bmk there ,who trolls me ,actively . I post ,it makes a snide remark about my livelihood.

Show me where I ever trolled anyone ,and I will take you back off ignore.

Fail ,as usual

Has everyone heard about the unauthorized, never approved for use, genetically modified wheat getting out of the lab and being found on US farms. Now Japan doesn't want any of our wheat and the Europeans are testing for it in their grain shipments.

http://www.washingto...1a47_story.html

http://www.huffingto..._n_3366676.html

So many countries have already gotten off the Monsanto bandwagon, but once again North Americans are dragging their feet. It won't be long before America is the only country GMO crops are grown for...

• Like 3

So many countries have already gotten off the Monsanto bandwagon, but once again North Americans are dragging their feet. It won't be long before America is the only country GMO crops are grown for...

Because like most things,they intend to force it on us . We are expected to comply .

I heard something like 40 tons of gmo crops were burned in Oregon .

Tut tut

• Like 3