Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Applicants wanted for one-way ticket to Mars.

keithisco

Volunteer only if you want the Fame of being on the first trip to another planet,and you will be forever remembered in History books,its one 'ell of an epitaph.

• Like 2

Volunteer only if you want the Fame of being on the first trip to another planet,and you will be forever remembered in History books,its one 'ell of an epitaph.

Indeed THere are so many already on the List ITs mind boggling ! So many will try and a very ,very few will go ! But they Will Go for sure ! Mankind is just that way ! Would you not Love to be on the Short List?

• Like 3

Ive got a really good idea, lets ask westborow baptis church to go to mars, they should just volenteer cause they hate everyone anyways, they could be with there brainwashed followers all the time, the show whould probally have 1 season before we decide that these people arent worth watching, then we cut all ties and let them take it from there. we shouldnt have time for hate when theres so many ways to better our selfs as the human race.

Edited by Whoop whoop

how do i send an application?

• Like 1

how do i send an application?

The Astronaut Selection process start sometime between now and July 2013, you have to make a one-minute video from yourself about why you want to go to Mars and what it means for you to never be able to return to Earth. Then, you have to send it to the Mars One people and pay a small fee (not more than $25, according to Mars One).

More info can be found on their website: http://mars-one.com/en/

You can look over the application process here http://mars-one.com/...ualify-to-apply to determine whether you could be a Mars One colonist.

God speed, zerocoder. :tu:

Indeed. And just hope you get the right sort of co-passenger (more than likely you dont get to choose)

Big+red+butt+ball+optical+illusion.jpg

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

The Astronaut Selection process start sometime between now and July 2013, you have to make a one-minute video from yourself about why you want to go to Mars and what it means for you to never be able to return to Earth. Then, you have to send it to the Mars One people and pay a small fee (not more than $25, according to Mars One).

More info can be found on their website: http://mars-one.com/en/

oh lord, sounds like Britain's or America's Got Talent ...

• Like 1

oh lord, sounds like Britain's or America's Got Talent ...

In a weird and voyeuristic way, thats the kind of TV show its probably going to be, or more like 'Big Brother ' once they get there

Indeed THere are so many already on the List ITs mind boggling ! So many will try and a very ,very few will go ! But they Will Go for sure ! Mankind is just that way ! Would you not Love to be on the Short List?

Yep,but the problem is that I'm already on a short list to the warm place.

You can look over the application process here http://mars-one.com/...ualify-to-apply to determine whether you could be a Mars One colonist.

God speed, zerocoder. :tu:

Wicked, a few tweeks here and there and I can do all that.

Not sure about this bit though : Once on Mars, there is no means to return to Earth. Mars is home......would like to know if they have narrowboats there, would at least like to return to Earth once in a while to check my boat is ok if I can`t take it with me.

• Like 2

Wicked, a few tweeks here and there and I can do all that.

Not sure about this bit though : Once on Mars, there is no means to return to Earth. Mars is home......would like to know if they have narrowboats there, would at least like to return to Earth once in a while to check my boat is ok if I can`t take it with me.

Well, they have canals, we know ...

And if Mr. Hoagland is right*, there's great underground cities & all sorts of things. Sounds as if it'd be fun.

* :unsure2:

• Like 1

And if Mr. Hoagland is right*, there's great underground cities & all sorts of things. Sounds as if it'd be fun.

canals are a start, but water is a must. Underground cities I can do without......withdrawing my application!!

Just wondering what sort of tests they will be doing on people, they will want fertile, non diseased only types to breed for the new generation of inhabitants.....now thats sounds as if it could be fun. :whistle:

canals are a start, but water is a must. Underground cities I can do without......withdrawing my application!!

Just wondering what sort of tests they will be doing on people, they will want fertile, non diseased only types to breed for the new generation of inhabitants.....now thats sounds as if it could be fun. :whistle:

well, I did say earlier that childbirth may not even be a possibility on Mars, its a gravity and radiation thing, and bone loss amongst others... with science behind it. Besides who should bring a child into life to live in such dangerous inhospitable conditions? I wouldnt wish that on any child of mine

quote:

"Conceiving a child in the final frontier might be downright dangerous".

"There are many risks to conception in low or microgravity, such as ectopic pregnancy," Woodmansee said. "And, without the protection of the Earth's atmosphere, the higher radiation levels raise the probability of birth defects."

Microgravity does strange things to the body. From bone density loss to odd fluid distribution, the human body was not built to live in low-gravity conditions. Astronauts combat these less-than-ideal conditions through exercise and other methods, but scientists are not sure how they will affect a mother and child.

"The thing is, a baby created and born in space could be perfectly fine," Woodmansee said. "We just don’t know enough about the subject. We've evolved here on the Earth, so moving to outer space is moving evolution in a different direction."

Now, sex on the way maybe eh?

"Sex is very difficult in zero gravity, apparently, because you have no traction and you keep bumping against the walls," biologist Athena Andreadis of the University of Massachusetts Medical School told SPACE.com in 2011. "Think about it: you have no friction, you have no resistance"

http://www.space.com...rs-mission.html

Be fun to watch the others try it, if nothing else!! :w00t: :w00t:

end quote!

plus, they wont exactly have midwifes and doctors to help a birth along will they? Or tend to any complications that may arrise. Or have the 'right' drugs for all eventualities? Now will they?

what if she needs a cesarean?? Loses blood? Goes into coma? Who you gonna call?

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

They will be doing all sorts of tests in the underground cities, it will be one massive lab. Would be interesting to see what kind of race of people they will develop over time, but we will not be around to see that, and i think that could be a good thing.

Dr Frankenstein, eat your heart out!!

• Like 1

It will take a few trips to set up a viable working Colony,possibly a decade or so.It is sheer madness to think that one trip will be enough,you need proven technology not experimental.

• Like 1

It will take a few trips to set up a viable working Colony,possibly a decade or so.It is sheer madness to think that one trip will be enough,you need proven technology not experimental.

Yes i think the whole idea is totally nuts, but here again is the video of how it should work, with advance landers and rovers building the habitat.

Good to know tax payers are not funding it, but the private companies who are have to get the money from somewhere, so somewhere along the line we will be paying for it in what they are charging us now.

If i were around to see it actually work then I might feel it justifiable, but by the time they have it sussed, if they ever do, what ever these private companies are selling to us, the costs would have rocketed. WE WILL be paying for it somehow, and somehow I do not think it is worth it, humans living on Earth together is more important.

Seeing that story about James May off of Top Gear visiting NASA, of coruse, that's the answer isn't it! Send the whole Top Gear crowd! They'd love it, and it'd get Clarko out of our way for ever! :clap:

• Like 1

"Sex is very difficult in zero gravity, apparently, because you have no traction and you keep bumping against the walls," biologist Athena Andreadis of the University of Massachusetts Medical School told SPACE.com in 2011. "Think about it: you have no friction, you have no resistance"

Be fun to watch the others try it, if nothing else!! :w00t: :w00t:

plus, they wont exactly have midwifes and doctors to help a birth along will they? Or tend to any complications that may arrise. Or have the 'right' drugs for all eventualities? Now will they?

what if she needs a cesarean?? Loses blood? Goes into coma? Who you gonna call?

Well about Sex, i would say A Magnet Shoes <- Stand Still and they wont send doctors or engineers if something fails, they will train the chosen ones in Medical - Mechanical Engineering - Computer Science - Communication - and other stuff i dont know the name of

Mars One will announce the start of its astronaut selection program at a press conference in New York on April 22nd at noon (EDT). The event will be moderated by Emily Lakdawalla, Senior Editor at the Planetary Society. The panel will include

- Bas Lansdorp, Co-Founder and CEO, Mars One

- Gerard 't Hooft, Nobel laureate and Ambassador of Mars One

- Norbert Kraft, Chief Medical Officer, Mars One

- Grant Anderson, Sr. VP Operations, Chief Engineer and Co-Founder, Paragon Space Development Corporation

- Bryan Versteeg, Mission Concept Artist, Mars One

Watch it live here, it starts within 1 hour and 40 minutes :)

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, do any of these people have any experience in Space exploration? Perhaps people might feel more confident coming forward if they know that there are some people who know something about astrophysics and Space travel on the board.

Although I can't help thinking, in view of the selection process which seems to involve America's or Britain's Got Talent style auditions, of the Golgafrincham Ark Fleet Ship B. I wonder if it might all be a plot to get some of the more flamboyant an extrovert off the planet and well away from everyone else. :innocent:

• Like 1

Live!

Mars one press conference!

But Mars also has Monsters because they are in the Movie "John Carpenter" ,and they also have Ghosts, ref that Movie "the Ghosts of Mars"...and the atmosphere is breathable so whats the problem.
  • Like 1