Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I was acting in self-defence

Commander CMG

Blame the medication... That always a good option. Hiding your face behind a scarf in a riot is an an innocent gesture also.

The man filmed punching a police horse during a football riot claimed yesterday he was acting in self-defence.

Barry Rogerson, 45, who calls himself an animal lover, says he panicked as the horse ‘charged’ towards him.

He says the medication he takes and the fact he had been drinking heavily may have prompted his actions.

With a football scarf over his face, Rogerson was caught on camera throwing a punch at the horse, called Bud, before being tackled by officers and wrestled to the ground during violence after Newcastle United’s match against Sunderland on Sunday.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article here

Reminds me of Alex Karras in Blazing Saddles...... poor Bud....

What a moron.

If he is on medication and there is a risk of that then why the hell was he drinking. Complete idiot.

The media will be loving this though, more ammunition for their agenda to make out all the people on Benefits are scum. The rich will be able to get away with more naughty dealings while everyones attention is diverted.

• Like 5

He's an idiot. Scarf over his face to protect his tooth from the cold? Give me a break. How come everyone else is facing the other way and he's right there in front of the poor horse punching it? Shame the horse couldn't have walloped him back!

• Like 5

and the idiots did this at Wembley .... of all places in England ...

I wonder if Alan Shearer would have been proud eh ?

Bring him down here. I'll lock him in the stall with Gino (17hh and a temper to rival even Mrs.E) and see how many punches he can throw before he's carried out in a bucket!

• Like 4