Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baroness Thatchers send-off she deserved

Commander CMG

Hundreds of thousands line streets to applaud her coffin before magnificent service at St Paul's that united friends and former political foes.

• More than 250,000 lined the streets of London, clapping and cheering as her coffin processed through London
  • Others threw white roses in the path of the gun carriage that carried Lady Thatcher to St Paul's
  • Chancellor George Osborne seen sobbing as the service went on, while other high-profile figures were also moved
  • Richard Chartres said in address that Lady Thatcher was just an ordinary woman and mentioned Tolpuddle Martyrs
  • David Cameron says in his speech Iron Lady's 'difficult decisions, led to less division, less strife at the end of it'
  • More than 2,300 people from 170 countries attend the former Conservative prime minister's funeral
  • More than 4,000 officers on duty today in an attempt to guard against violent demonstrations, which failed to happen

arrow3.gifView: Full article here

I have nothing against her at all. But all that money........

What a waste of money. Nobody needs a funeral that costs that much, i really couldn't see where it was spent though?

• Like 2

Why did she deserve such an expensive send off ?

Churchill was the only British PM who deserved such a send off.Total waste of money on a second rate Prime Minister.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 1

I have nothing against her at all. But all that money........

What a waste of money. Nobody needs a funeral that costs that much, i really couldn't see where it was spent though?

A large chunk on security no doubt.

• Like 1

It was more or less the same as Princess Diana's funeral without all the thousands of flowers being strewn at her cortege, which say's alot. It was an awful lot of money though to spend on her funeral. If I had been Maggie, I would of asked for a simple send off and asked for the £10 million to go to some deserving charity.

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 1

Osborne breaks down at funeral

Chancellor fights back tears during service for Margaret Thatcher

Would it be overly cynical to think that this was a very shrewd PR move on his part .... ? :innocent:

• Like 3

It was more or less the same as Princess Diana's funeral without all the thousands of flowers being strewn at her cortege, which say's alot. It was an awful lot of money though to spend on her funeral. If I had been Maggie, I would of asked for a simple send off and asked for the £10 million to go to some deserving charity.

I think that was actually more or less what she did want, but mr. Cameron wanted to make a circus of it, so that he could bask in the reflected glory- er, show the due respect that he held for his illustrious predecessor.

• Like 4

Osborne breaks down at funeral

Chancellor fights back tears during service for Margaret Thatcher

Would it be overly cynical to think that this was a very shrewd PR move on his part .... ? :innocent:

I don't think so,politicians are experts when it comes to crocodile tears.I must say after the glowing Eulogies that Cameron gave to Thatcher,he looks absolutely beside himself with Grief.

• Like 2

A large chunk on security no doubt.

Well they where spending a lot before Boston, probably went over budget now.

Like I have said previously, I didn't agree will a lot of her policies. However she took over being PM after the country was bankrupt, in the hands of the IMF and generally a disaster zone.

If people don't want Tory Governments then they should stop standing by parties that just bankrupt the nation and leave no other option than to vote in these parties.

It's a cycle that needs to be stopped why there is still a Britain.

I doubt that Blair, Brown or in years to come Ed and Ed aka the chuckle brothers will have a legacy more than war and debt.

Like I have said previously, I didn't agree will a lot of her policies. However she took over being PM after the country was bankrupt, in the hands of the IMF and generally a disaster zone.

If people don't want Tory Governments then they should stop standing by parties that just bankrupt the nation and leave no other option than to vote in these parties.

Not that there's a lot of choice, is there? Looks liek it's either UKIP or no one. And are their policies, what ones they have beyond the obvious, significantly different from the ConLabLibDem monopoly?

It's a cycle that needs to be stopped why there is still a Britain.

I doubt that Blair, Brown or in years to come Ed and Ed aka the chuckle brothers will have a legacy more than war and debt.

Blair will be damned just as much for his watered down Thatcherite policies and dragging the UK into a Legally Questionable war.

We all know that he did a runner and left Brown holding the baby.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 1

She got the send off she deserved all right.

Most people wilfully ignored her. that's all she deserved. Not anger. Not sympathy. Not plaudits.

And Clement Atlee deseved a State Funeral for all he did to make Britain Great after the War.

Did he get it? Balls he did...

I think that was actually more or less what she did want, but mr. Cameron wanted to make a circus of it, so that he could bask in the reflected glory- er, show the due respect that he held for his illustrious predecessor.

Actually, plans for the funeral began way back when Brown was in power. He was planning a state funeral as it happens.

Actually, plans for the funeral began way back when Brown was in power. He was planning a state funeral as it happens.

seems a litle ghoulish, doesn't it? Couldn't wait for his illustrious predecessor to croak so he could get some of the reflected glory?