Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Olympia Beer offers $1M for captured Bigfoot

Saru

A Washington State beer maker is offering a cash prize in exchange for the live capture of Bigfoot.

A beer maker in Washington state has offered a $1 million reward to anyone who can do what has eluded mankind for generations: snaring a living Sasquatch.

arrow3.gifRead more...

"The Washington state Brewer has agreed to pay $25,000 a year for the next four decades to anyone who can reel in a live, unharmed Bigfoot."

I wonder what lb test line they'd recommend?

• Like 3

Oh, so the big guy has to be taken alive eh? Good thing as I was thinking about a large number of intoxicated hunters hitting the woods!

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm glad they asked for an unharmed specimen. Thinking about the possible 5'11 or 6'1 "bigfoot" claims. You know us wacky Americans!

"The 2011 Survey revealed that over 90 million U.S. residents 16 years old and older participated in wildlife-related recreation. During that year, 33.1 million people fished, 13.7 million hunted," http://www.census.go...s/fhw11-nat.pdf

"And the Council's most recent statistics show that while roughly 100 people die nationwide in hunting accidents each year, more than 1,500 die in swimming-related incidents"

http://www.dnr.state...tips/myths.html

Edited by QuiteContrary

So, if I show up with a dead one they won't pay, huh?

And they don't pay a million, they make payments to you over forty years. Odds are I won't live that long.

Edited by keninsc

I would just auction mine off and they could keep their million.

• Like 2

I have to agree, the cynical side of me is saying this is great free advertising for them, and then they toss in the more difficult task of taking one alive to claim the prize.

Anyone ever tasted Olympia Beer? It's...........................interesting.

So we now have $1m for Big Foot, and $100K for a UFO. Part of me really digs this as what better motivator then money. Talk is cheap so maybe these rewards will finally answer certain questions once and for all.

Seriously looking forward to how these "bounties" will play out and effect these entertaining mysteries.

It would be funny to get a large group of people together in the woods with way too much beer and film the drunken search for the elusive creature. I would do it but Olympia is weak pis beer. Maybe if Mac n Jacks or Pyramid was sponsoring the event.

It would be funny to get a large group of people together in the woods with way too much beer and film the drunken search for the elusive creature. I would do it but Olympia is weak pis beer. Maybe if Mac n Jacks or Pyramid was sponsoring the event.

Or 211 that stuff is seriously strong!

Drink enough Olympia Beer and you might see bigfoot (or turn into one!).

Edited by Sundew

Yep lots & lots of free publicity good PR-ing. :su

I'm always amused at these money offerings for Bigfoot because as far as I know, no one has ever successfully collected them.

I wonder if people are actually out in the woods right now thinking to themselves, "Welp, I'm gonna get that Bigfoot and get my million dollars!"

Yeah, that's chump change. Or would that be "chimp change"

Any serious scientific expedition to detect and safely capture alive a Bigfoot, just in itself, would take at least 1 million dollars.

And may show up with zero results on the first, second, etc... tries.

I'm not (necessarily)against the idea of Bigfoot existing, mind you, I just don't think it's financially feasable to attempt a live capture.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's chump change. Or would that be "chimp change"

Any serious scientific expedition to detect and safely capture alive a Bigfoot, just in itself, would take at least 1 million dollars.

And may show up with zero results on the first, second, etc... tries.

I'm not (necessarily)against the idea of Bigfoot existing, mind you, I just don't think it's financially feasable to attempt a live capture.

Oh I don't know. A tranq gun would do the trick. A trap of some sort.

It's a wise advertising gimmick for them. They know there will not be a pay out.

• Like 1

Anyone ever tasted Olympia Beer? It's...........................interesting.

It was pretty good, on the West Coast, in the '60s. It didn't travel at all well to Southeast Asia.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock

Who knows? Maybe Bigfoot loves beer too? :D

Some of these contests are amusing to see especially mock contests like this one. I doubt Olympia Beer can do what has eluded serious science.

Since the company offering the prize knows full well that Bigfoot is just a fictitious beast could one not fictitiously capture it and claim the prize?

OMG! They still make Olympia beer?

I'm a native Washingtonian, and remember it back to the 1960s. My Dad used to enjoy a glass of Olympia beer on occasion.

By the 1990s, I no longer heard of it. The brewery was in Tumwater, Washington near Olympia. The artesian wells were inside locked, concrete bunkers scattered all over the golf course next to the Olympia brewery.

Olympia Beer was proud of its artesian wells, because they provided particularly pure water for making beer. For a while, Olympia Beer even referenced mythical creatures called "Artesians" in their marketing.

Spent the summer of 1971 in a trailer park overlooking the golf course. Expanded my vocabulary by listening to the curses of the golfers when their ball hit one of those concrete bunkers! LOL

It's okay beer. The typical weak, American brew without much flavor; same as Budweiser or Keystone.

A million bucks for Bigfoot, huh?

Seems like a steal.

I don't believe that Bigfoot exists, but plenty of people are making a living off the fable with documentaries, books, T-shirts, annual events in their hometown, etc.

What's next Olympia? A reward for Artesians? LOL

OFFICIAL RULES

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY

OVERVIEW: $1 Million Search For Bigfoot (the “Contest”) begins on April 1, 2013 and ends March 31, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) (the “Contest Period”). The Contest provides eligible individuals the opportunity to search for Bigfoot and should an individual find “irrefutable evidence” of Bigfoot’s existence in compliance with these Official Rules, he/she could win $1 million dollars, as described below. The Contest is sponsored by Pabst Brewing Co., 10635 Santa Monica Blvd. #350, Los Angeles, CA 90025 (“Sponsor”). By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and/or the “Judging Panel” (as defined below) as applicable, which shall be final and binding in all respects.

ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, The Falcon Project, the “Judging Panel” (as that term is defined below), their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and all other individuals directly related to the administration of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and wholesalers, suppliers, distributors and retailers of alcoholic beverage licensees (collectively, “Licensees”) and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of the Contest Entities and Licensees are not eligible to participate. Contest is void where prohibited by law.

HOW IT WORKS:

If an eligible individual believes that he/she has found irrefutable evidence of Bigfoot in accordance with these Official Rules during the Contest Period, he/she must visit the website at www.OlympiaBigfoot.com (the “Website”) during the Contest Period, click on “Submit Capture Report,” complete the registration information required, provide a brief description of the evidence, check that you have read and agree to these Official Rules, and click on “Submit Capture Report.” Sponsor and/or a representative of same will contact all individuals submitting a Capture Report in compliance with these Official Rules within thirty (30) days of submission. Next steps will be determined by the Sponsor and/or a representative of same and/or the Judging Panel depending on the quality and type of evidence presented. Eligible entrants must follow all instructions of Sponsor and/or its representative in their entirety in order to have their evidence considered for the Prize. In the event an eligible entrant does not comply with the instructions of the Sponsor and/or its representative as directed, such eligible entrant will be disqualified.

The evidence required to qualify for a prize claim must be such as to satisfy a panel comprised of three (3) independent experts (the “Judging Panel”) as to the irrefutable existence of Bigfoot at some time during the period beginning January 1, 1989 through March 31, 2014. The Sponsor has the sole right to select the persons that will act as the Judging Panel. The Judging Panel’s decisions are final and binding as to all determinations made in relation to this Contest and the evaluation of all evidence. The Sponsor and/or Judging Panel may ask any person submitting a claim to send his/her samples and/or evidence to an independent third party selected by the Judging Panel and/or Sponsor for evaluation and/or testing. Such evaluation/testing shall be at the sole expense of the individual submitting such evidence, and Sponsor and/or Judging Panel may require any such expense to be paid in advance of such evaluation/testing being conducted. If any person submitting evidence refuses or fails to pay any such expense, their entry will be rejected and disqualified.

For purposes of this Contest, “Bigfoot” refers to a previously undiscovered species of upright, bipedal hominid, native to North America existing contemporaneously with the Contest Period or the twenty-five (25) year period immediately prior to the Contest Period. There is no set type or amount of evidence required to establish proof for purposes of this Contest other than that all evidence presented must satisfy the Judging Panel. Evidence may include, but is not limited to DNA Evidence. DNA Evidence may include hair, blood, tissue or saliva that proves the DNA sequence of the donor shows that said donor resides in the primate evolutionary family tree, among other apes or hominids, but does not have the same genetic markers and DNA sequence as any known species. Evidence may also include “Visual Proof” of a live physical body. Physical remains may be considered as evidence provided that it can be conclusively demonstrated that the date of death pre-dated the Contest Period. Visual Proof shall not include footprints, bone fragments, inconclusive skeletal remains, or any other non-definitive evidence of the existence of Bigfoot. Any photo or video taken with photographic or video equipment is not sufficient to qualify as evidence in and of itself for consideration in the Contest, but may be considered as supporting evidence.

NO HARM SHOULD BE DONE TO BIGFOOT OR ANY LIVING CREATURE AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST. ANY EVIDENCE OF SUCH ACTIVITY SHALL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST AND NOTIFICATION TO THE PROPER LEGAL AUTHORITIES.

PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, in addition to any other grants which may be granted in any other agreement entered into between Sponsor and any participant in or winner of the Contest, each participant irrevocably grants the Contest Entities and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such participant’s name, likeness, and biographical information and any photos that may be submitted to the Website, in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes and hereby release the Contest Entities from any liability with respect thereto.

PRIZE:

One (1) Prize is available and shall only be awarded to the first individual who provides irrefutable proof of the existence of Bigfoot in compliance with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judging Panel. The Prize consists of $1,000,00. The Prize will be awarded in the form of an annuity paid out as $25,000 per year for forty (40) years. The Prize will solely be awarded in the name of the individual who initially submits a Capture Report in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for any disputes regarding the rightful recipient of the Prize.

GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prize winner, if any, shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize. Any potential prize winner must execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within ten (10) days of prize notification (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), winner may be disqualified. Additionally, any Prize winner must submit to and pass in a conclusive manner, a polygraph examination as a condition precedent to receiving any Prize. Required parties must sign a normal and customary waiver as required by the polygraph examiner and must present the conclusive results of the polygraph examination to Judging Panel no later than thirty (30) days after the conclusion of the Contest Period.

GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees that the Contest Entities (i) shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Contest or in any Contest related activity, or from entrant’s acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (ii) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize and specifically disclaim all such warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Prizes will only be awarded to a verified winner. The Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or otherwise participating in the Contest, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or (if applicable) postage-due submissions or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, web sites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in the offering or announcement of the prize or in any prize notification documents, or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or extend the Contest Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage the Website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person in connection with the Contest, is in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the applicable individual and seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any provisions of these Official Rules are determined to be invalid or unenforceable, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained herein.

Governing Law/Jurisdiction: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR CONTEST ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.

OMG! They still make Olympia beer?

I'm a native Washingtonian, and remember it back to the 1960s. My Dad used to enjoy a glass of Olympia beer on occasion.

By the 1990s, I no longer heard of it. The brewery was in Tumwater, Washington near Olympia. The artesian wells were inside locked, concrete bunkers scattered all over the golf course next to the Olympia brewery.

Olympia Beer was proud of its artesian wells, because they provided particularly pure water for making beer. For a while, Olympia Beer even referenced mythical creatures called "Artesians" in their marketing.

Spent the summer of 1971 in a trailer park overlooking the golf course. Expanded my vocabulary by listening to the curses of the golfers when their ball hit one of those concrete bunkers! LOL

It's okay beer. The typical weak, American brew without much flavor; same as Budweiser or Keystone.

A million bucks for Bigfoot, huh?

Seems like a steal.

I don't believe that Bigfoot exists, but plenty of people are making a living off the fable with documentaries, books, T-shirts, annual events in their hometown, etc.

What's next Olympia? A reward for Artesians? LOL

Ah yes... "It's the water of Tumwater!"