Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Money for Bigfoot

Q-C

highdesert50, made this quote in the thread on "Olympia Beer Offers 1M for Bigfoot"

"What happens if Big Foot happens to be a rogue 70kg chimpanzee?"

And so I got to wondering. What is a bigfoot? How would a contest like this define a creature no one has studied? How can one say what is or is not a bigfoot?

Size? DNA? Neither of which has ever been scientifically defined when discussing bigfoot.

Could you not bring in a human and make a good case?

Or, an escaped chimpanzee and make a good case?

Or, a tree stump, bush, or bear!!!

Etc

Sorry, but the colors we're calling to me...I'll stop now.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

Very good point made. Never thought of that before.

And another question to I thought of: What do you do with the Bigfoot?

So let's just say that someone brought a Bigfoot in and the person got their money and whatever...what now? Do they donate Bigfoot to some science organization? To a zoo? If they give it to a zoo, how would they know how to take care of it? Do they just put the Bigfoot in their garage and throw onion rings at it for fun? How do you take care of a Bigfoot?

So let's just say that someone brought a Bigfoot in and the person got their money and whatever...what now? Do they donate Bigfoot to some science organization? To a zoo? If they give it to a zoo, how would they know how to take care of it? Do they just put the Bigfoot in their garage and throw onion rings at it for fun? How do you take care of a Bigfoot?

I don't know, but you've given me a great idea for a new book: Bigfoot for Dummies! lol

No, seriously... :yes:

I bet it wouldn't be hard to figure out what they liked to eat. Offer them things that was available to them in their natural habitat. It would take a good strong cage.

I'm feeling bad for thinking about caging it up for the rest of its life. They shouldn't keep it long.

I don't know, but you've given me a great idea for a new book: Bigfoot for Dummies! lol

No, seriously... :yes:

I'm pretty sure we have something like that already. It's called Finding Bigfoot.

...Yeah, I had to make that joke. I'm not funny.

I'm feeling bad for thinking about caging it up for the rest of its life. They shouldn't keep it long.

I wonder if they would set it back into the wilderness, but it'd seem pointless after all the hard work of the person getting it in the first place.

• Like 2

Well, just using Olympia Beer as an example, you show up with a live Bigfoot and claim the 25K a year for up to a million dollars. My guess is they will probably not want to be responsible for the health and safety of a new primate for all the reasons you mention. My guess would be they'd probably poo their corporate pants collectively that they have to kick out the money and then they're going to want to let you deal with the critter. They make beer, they don't know jack about a Bigfoot and certainly don't want to be responsible for it dying on them. The good publicity would turn negative as hell so fast you'll have to watch out for the sonic boom, and no corporation wants that at all. Pictures, a press photo op with a large oversize check, maybe have a scientist get DNA then they pull you off to the side and want you to retain possession and sign a highly specialized corporate release which probably says words in legalese that means, ".....that's your critter, thanks for showing it to us and claiming the prize, but that's still your critter, not ours."

"Bigfoot for Dummies", I like that.

:w00t:

• 4 months later...

Let's assume someone would be lucky or smart enough to capture one alive. How would you get something that, here in North America ranges in size from 6 to 8 and in the more fantastical tales 9 feet tall? And don't forget, the anatomy of something that size. The sheer strength of that animal alone would command more than one really strong man.

highdesert50, made this quote in the thread on "Olympia Beer Offers 1M for Bigfoot"

"What happens if Big Foot happens to be a rogue 70kg chimpanzee?"

And so I got to wondering. What is a bigfoot? How would a contest like this define a creature no one has studied? How can one say what is or is not a bigfoot?

Size? DNA? Neither of which has ever been scientifically defined when discussing bigfoot.

Could you not bring in a human and make a good case?

Or, an escaped chimpanzee and make a good case?

Or, a tree stump, bush, or bear!!!

Etc

Sorry, but the colors we're calling to me...I'll stop now.

When it comes to defining a Bigfoot, I'm pretty sure, if you come with a big hairy unknown bi-pedal animal; you're gonna be rich before the day is out.

Let's assume someone would be lucky or smart enough to capture one alive. How would you get something that, here in North America ranges in size from 6 to 8 and in the more fantastical tales 9 feet tall? And don't forget, the anatomy of something that size. The sheer strength of that animal alone would command more than one really strong man.

When it comes to defining a Bigfoot, I'm pretty sure, if you come with a big hairy unknown bi-pedal animal; you're gonna be rich before the day is out.

Yes, I just went to their site and they have a detailed definition of what they will consider a "bigfoot". And if a captured creature meets their requirements, I would agree, as they have defined it. I had seen no definition when I made this thread.

However, and what I meant in my OP is, I believe anyone should be able to make a claim of anything being a "bigfoot", since we don't even have a type specimen.

I believe all bigfoot reports of sightings or evidence are any number of known things.

None of which are "a previously undiscovered species of upright, bipedal hominid, native to North America existing contemporaneously with the Contest Period or the twenty-five (25) year period immediately prior to the Contest Period"

They are bears, cows, horses, opossums, rocks, etc. So, I could hire a lawyer who could, imo, make a case for a known creature being "bigfoot" and win (lacking a contest definition).

Edited by QuiteContrary

They don't need a body to win, DNA would do. And they habituate these creatures all over the USA, so a DNA sample should be easy. Even taking the Judging Panel for the contest to a habituation site to witness the animals for themselves.

No need to worry about size or logistics.

But so far, no one wants the money, I guess.

Edited by QuiteContrary

A. That is because you haven't had an "experience". B: You're a smart-ass. and finally, C. It would work; given the lawyer's "experience" in handling corporations.

I could prove many things under any term, for a ass load of money. Granted only a percentage you will actually see; but still. I'll make the sun explode.

I thought this was interesting:

"To aid us in this adventure, Olympia Beer is partnering with The Falcon Project

The Falcon Project has been identified as “the most penetrative search for Bigfoot ever conducted in the United States.” They will conduct an aerial search for Sasquatch employing an unmanned airship with high definition thermal imaging camera

equipment."

http://www.olympiabigfoot.com/

Edited by QuiteContrary

I've seen that. What is really messed up is; they are searching for everything but Bigfoot. Nice cover. for government employed analysts and those who hold contracts with the U.S, government.

Still a good way to map unmapped territory, wouldn't you say?

I'm just waiting to see if it ever gets off the ground (pun intended). And then see if it works, what they do, where they go, and who goes along, from there.

I'd love to see it go up and work as planned (bigfoot footage notwithstanding). But I have very little hope so far.

Edited by QuiteContrary

It has already started. The unmanned drones flying all over the place. How do you think unmanned drones started?? They started with R/C people. And yes; it has been "off the ground" for at least three years now.

Technically more than that. But; you need to look up "drones and r/c"

It has already started. The unmanned drones flying all over the place. How do you think unmanned drones started?? They started with R/C people. And yes; it has been "off the ground" for at least three years now.

I'm speaking of The Falcon Project, mentioned in the Olympia Beer contest, and Meldrum's airship.

Give me eight hours to sleep. then I will reply. Been awake to long.

I agree.

I bet it wouldn't be hard to figure out what they liked to eat. Offer them things that was available to them in their natural habitat. It would take a good strong cage.

Bring one in dead. Problem solved!

• Like 1

Well maybe I can claim the prize....my middle son has enormous flipper sized feet ( within reason but still big footish, would've made a good olympian swimmer though) but sadly, not enough hair on him or the reputed smell, though his teenage years might well have qualified...

So my guess is (besides the DNA) a clear photo or vid longer than the few seconds.

And yes, mapping would be a side benefit as its a good way to find 'hidden' communities...

Money for Bigfoot and your chicks for free.

Hahaha, nice.