Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

hello!

cherrygemini

hey there! i'm cherry! i've been a member for a long time now, but i never actually got around to posting.

i've always been fond of the paranormal and bizarre. i was an easily-scared child, though, and i spent many nights with my lights on and my dolls locked in my closet. even at 21, i still find myself running through my apartment at night to get to my room. i've never had a paranormal experience of my own, and to be honest i'm not sure how much i actually believe in the idea of ghosts. i grew up in a fairly religious (jewish) household, but my parents had a tendency to avoid tops such as dibbuks or the kabbalah.

the only truly 'strange' thing to happen in my life was back at my old place. my youngest brother had this utter fear of one of the bathrooms. this was a 12-year-old who had no trouble walking home late at night, but whenever he needed to use the bathroom, he'd fly into a panic if none of us wanted to wait outside the hall for him. he was just terrified of the area in general, and to this day i still find it really weird.

truthfully, i look towards books and tv shows about "true evil hauntings" as a means of entertainment instead of needing answers. i enjoy spooking myself, even if it ends up with me shaking under the covers because i'm not sure if that noise is the wind (it always is) or some sort of ancient evil deciding to pop up and kill me (it never is).

besides the paranormal, i really enjoy late 90s sitcoms, archie comics, geography, and the occasional anime or two.

anyway, i'm glad to be here! i'll admit that i'm terrible with responding to posts and whatnot, but i'll do my best!

• Like 2

Hi and welcome to the forum. Welcome1Flower.gif If your introduction is any sign I would say you'll do well at making posts and would be most interesting to read. I like the paranormal too, saw a ghost. Spooky.gif

Hi Cherry

I never saw a ghost but I did hope for a long time I would see a friend who died far too young...

but..I think people are far more frightening sometimes than any paranormal phenomena.

Hello , I love scarring myself stupid too.

Welcome to UM Cherry!

Hiya Cherry ... are you a bomb ?

Hello and welcome! You've just reminded me I should do the same and introduce myself :)

wow! i didn't expect to get this many replies!

thank you all for your kind words, and i hope to contribute to this forum as much as i can!

(as for me being a bomb... you never know!)

• Like 1

Hi there cherry. Welcome to the forums :tu:

hi cherry actual newbi lol iv joined a few of these site only to find the forum i was really getting in to was dead found out my grandpa died on one couldn't get any info cause no one had posted in years