Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gunman shoots Boston police officer

seeder

It does seem a little odd. Perhaps the different colors were to make them easier for another conspirator to keep them in sight? If a third individual was responsible to detonate the bombs, he/she would need to make sure those who placed them were clear of the scene - just a thought.

I'm reminded rather of Reservoir Dogs. Perhaps they took the notion of "mr. Black", "mr. White" & so on literally. :-/

• Like 1

I hope the surviving one gets the injection, no point keeping him in jail

• Like 1

Wow, so some of his friends were all for giving him a round of applause on FB and then thought better of it?

There is a whole socio-demographic we know absolutely nothing about over there. I can't help thinking how alien we must seem to each other. He said he made no American friends and didn't understand Americans at all, so his upbringing and the circles he was involved in gave him no amiable references for the American way of life on some fundamental level.

Would a westerner be so culturally shocked if the shoes were reversed and one of us had to assimilate in a predominately non-christian/non-secular society? Would we be capable within ourselves of breeding so much resentment at our alienation and what we see as "wrong" all around us that we would "radicalise" our views about the "wrongness" in our environment and what should be done about it?

• Like 3

I am glad they found out who did that. If they take the other one alive he should get the death penalty.

• Like 1

Wow, so some of his friends were all for giving him a round of applause on FB and then thought better of it?

There is a whole socio-demographic we know absolutely nothing about over there. I can't help thinking how alien we must seem to each other. He said he made no American friends and didn't understand Americans at all, so his upbringing and the circles he was involved in gave him no amiable references for the American way of life on some fundamental level.

Would a westerner be so culturally shocked if the shoes were reversed and one of us had to assimilate in a predominately non-christian/non-secular society? Would we be capable within ourselves of breeding so much resentment at our alienation and what we see as "wrong" all around us that we would "radicalise" our views about the "wrongness" in our environment and what should be done about it?

It is probably more than cultural shock and failure to adapt to, or understand a foreign environment. He might have arrived to the States already carrying an older legacy of anti-American/Western propaganda with roots in the Soviet era, compounded by the present fundamentalist ideology of rebels in Chechnya. Cultural shock could be only the trigger.

• Like 4

How about a trial first?

What is up with the naked man on cnn? Arrested and photo'd by fbi. "multiple departments" involved in arrest. Who was he? He looked like suspect no1. Any news?

How about a trial first?

What's that in reference to?

He's been cornered in an apt building an explosion has been heard . A news crew from my area is on the scene .

They were just removed from the scene by cops with guns drawn . Wild stuff.

No one is sure if suspect is alive now . About three SWAT teams are on location .No air support tho ..

• Like 1

He's been cornered in an apt building an explosion has been heard . A news crew from my area is on the scene .

No one is sure if suspect is alive now . About three SWAT teams are on location .No air support tho ..

I'm watching it live and no one on this news channel mentioned that he is confirmed to be in the building.

I'm watching it live and no one on this news channel mentioned that he is confirmed to be in the building.

Not mentioned on CNN, there is live footage and no sign of any sign of a stand off

Heli support just arrived I think

Not mentioned on CNN, there is live footage and no sign of any sign of a stand off

Nyc pix news is on the scene. They think he's covered in bombs. There are three SWAT teams on the scene. They are pretty sure he was in there ,and they're still trying to enter.

Apparently one was a boxer ,and one was a wrestler . They've lived there for seven years at least ,and most of their friends are surprised .

. http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=10465049

• Like 1

What's that in reference to?

Hilander. Sorry a post squeezed in before i replied.

Is the naked man arrested nothing to do with this case?

Hilander. Sorry a post squeezed in before i replied.

Is the naked man arrested nothing to do with this case?

Poor guy is "co-lateral" and his nakedness now all over the world. A shame

• Like 2

Poor guy is "co-lateral" and his nakedness now all over the world. A shame

Any link? The cnn report i saw was a stand off with a man in a car for 30 min. They then ordered the man to strip, put him in a police car and had another man (in cuffs) identify him. The the fbi took him out the car and photographed him. Sounds like bombers or why would an innocent man have a 30 min stand off?

Any link? The cnn report i saw was a stand off with a man in a car for 30 min. They then ordered the man to strip, put him in a police car and had another man (in cuffs) identify him. The the fbi took him out the car and photographed him. Sounds like bombers or why would an innocent man have a 30 min stand off?

No, only a media report that this inocent man was arrested in error and then released. No name or anything. I guess there is a lot of tension and nerves at the moment, so an overreaction, while not pleasant for this guy, is understandable

I read that the entire city and suburbs are under lock-down. I´m truly not trying to be insensitive here but seems a little extreme to me. What do you guys think?

Patrick said that residents in Boston, as well as surrounding areas of Watertown, Cambridge, Waltham and Belmont, should stay inside and only open the door to properly identified police officers.

The entire Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority has also been suspended to aid the massive police effort in locating the surviving suspect. Police have also asked that businesses remain closed until the man can be apprehended.

EDIT: I have never been to the area and don´t know the exact size of the area they have closed.

Edited by jugoso

Now they have choppers in the air,and search spreading. They don't have him ,and he's not dead ,aso far as I can tell. Lock down still on .

They have said,this is the first American suicide bombers . What did I say ...what did I say . No guns,means bombs .

Now they have choppers in the air,and search spreading. They don't have him ,and he's not dead ,aso far as I can tell. Lock down still on .

They have said,this is the first American suicide bombers . What did I say ...what did I say . No guns,means bombs .

Since when are there no guns?

I read that the entire city and suburbs are under lock-down. I´m truly not trying to be insensitive here but seems a little extreme to me. What do you guys think?

Locking an entire suburb down is extreme, but not necessarily unwarranted. From what I can tell, the other suspect already caught had bombs strapped to his body. Keeping the suburb locked down achieves two things: 1- stops crowds from gathering, thus denying the suspect potential targets for a "glorious" end, and 2- it makes it impossible for the suspect to make a discreet getaway by blending into a crowd or driving one car among many, any person outside will be stopped and questioned by police.

If the suspect is still in the area, he will be found. Though if the suspect has the patience to bunker down, then short of getting warrants for every house in the neighbourhood public opinion will slowly turn against the idea.

Just my thoughts, anyway :)

• Like 2

Locking an entire suburb down is extreme, but not necessarily unwarranted. From what I can tell, the other suspect already caught had bombs strapped to his body. Keeping the suburb locked down achieves two things: 1- stops crowds from gathering, thus denying the suspect potential targets for a "glorious" end, and 2- it makes it impossible for the suspect to make a discreet getaway by blending into a crowd or driving one car among many, any person outside will be stopped and questioned by police.

If the suspect is still in the area, he will be found. Though if the suspect has the patience to bunker down, then short of getting warrants for every house in the neighbourhood public opinion will slowly turn against the idea.

Just my thoughts, anyway :)

But no matter what happens he will not come out of this alive

• Like 1

But no matter what happens he will not come out of this alive

Perhaps. We don't know this for certain. I'd like to think they have a chance off apprehending him without any further fatalities.
  • Like 1

FBI negotiator has just arrived . And an apb for a grey Honda of some kind. No idea the details .

I am glad they found out who did that. If they take the other one alive he should get the death penalty.

I think with cases like this, they should go medieval on him, sometimes death is too quick and painless...