Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Odd experience

MisterCee

This is something odd that happened last night. I live alone, small 2 bedroom apartment. I was laying on my couch watching the tv and they had been covering the events in Boston for a few hours. I was feeling somewhat tired, so I sat up and thought about going back to lay down in my bedroom and putting the ball game on my tv in the bedroom. As I was turning off the tv in my living room, I stood up and heard some voices. I live in an older apartment building, the walls aren't paper thin, but sometimes I'll hear sounds from other apartments so I didn't think anything of it. I started walking down the hallway to the bedroom and the voices are getting louder and clearer. As I walked into my bedroom, I was surprised to see my tv set on, and tuned in to the ball game (these were the voices I was hearing). The hair on my neck and arms stood up as I watched the tv; I knew the tv had been turned off, I was alone in my apartment, so no one else could have turned it on. As I watched the tv for a few minutes, it turned off in front of me, all by itself. I'll mention that the tv in my bedroom is older (at least 15 years old), so the logical, sensible part of me explains this away as some of the electronic parts inside the old tv set must be wearing out and that's why it turned on and off by itself. And, I could very well have left the channel tuned to the station that had the ballgame airing the last time I had used the tv. But part of me wonders, could it have been some spirit messing with the tv set? Or could I have reached that state of mind where I was half dozing on my living room couch where I either 'willed' the set to turn on, or had some kind of OBE? (I've never experienced either of those before)

Could of just been a malfunction in the TV. Does it have a timer on it that could of gotten turned on? If other odd things don't happen I wouldn't think it was a spirit but who knows. Any history on that building that would make you think it was a spirit?

Universal remote. Had a neighbor with one we had totally different tv tastes. Had to unplug tv at night, late night tv watcher I guess. Channel warring was kind of fun. hahaha

• Like 1

Thanks for the the thoughts. It happened again tonight, I was watching a video in my living room and heard the tv in the bedroom on. I walked back there and stared at it and 'poof' it turned off. I've only noticed it these two times, but I'm starting to think it's probably the universal remote idea. Although....there are some odd carpet stains leading down the hallway (blood that someone tried to bleach?). Who do you ask if there was any bad history at your apartment - the manager or the local police? Maybe I don't want to know....

This is something odd that happened last night. I live alone, small 2 bedroom apartment. I was laying on my couch watching the tv and they had been covering the events in Boston for a few hours. I was feeling somewhat tired, so I sat up and thought about going back to lay down in my bedroom and putting the ball game on my tv in the bedroom. As I was turning off the tv in my living room, I stood up and heard some voices. I live in an older apartment building, the walls aren't paper thin, but sometimes I'll hear sounds from other apartments so I didn't think anything of it. I started walking down the hallway to the bedroom and the voices are getting louder and clearer. As I walked into my bedroom, I was surprised to see my tv set on, and tuned in to the ball game (these were the voices I was hearing). The hair on my neck and arms stood up as I watched the tv; I knew the tv had been turned off, I was alone in my apartment, so no one else could have turned it on. As I watched the tv for a few minutes, it turned off in front of me, all by itself. I'll mention that the tv in my bedroom is older (at least 15 years old), so the logical, sensible part of me explains this away as some of the electronic parts inside the old tv set must be wearing out and that's why it turned on and off by itself. And, I could very well have left the channel tuned to the station that had the ballgame airing the last time I had used the tv. But part of me wonders, could it have been some spirit messing with the tv set? Or could I have reached that state of mind where I was half dozing on my living room couch where I either 'willed' the set to turn on, or had some kind of OBE? (I've never experienced either of those before)

Cool story.... Perhaps you briefly crossed partialy into another dimension... In the other dimension you had already got up and turn the tv on, then decided to turn it off, like maybe that dimension is 5 or 10 seconds ahead of yours but other then the time difference it's exactly the same, idk... But maybe that's what happened and for a while your other dimension self was effecting his dimension and yours by his actions???

Or, maybe there's an epidemic of tv ghosts out there or something? Because my girlfriend's tv used to change channels and turn itself off and on by itself before we moved in together, and her tv was old, so that's what we figured it was.... but since we moved in together my 1300 dollar hd lcd tv has begun to turn itself off and on or have channels change on their own from time to time which is pretty strange... So either it's just a coincidence, or my gf has tv ghosts following her around, or maybe my gf's aura is effecting electronics somehow ha ha ha...

Someone with the same remote controller used nearby :)

Just unplug the cable and go out of your room. If it turns on and the cable is replugged by itself, then it's a different story :)