Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gaza schoolgirl dies of injuries

Talon

Israelis wound schoolgirl in Gaza

Israeli troops have shot and critically wounded an 11-year-old Palestinian girl standing outside her school in Gaza.

Ghadir Mokheimer was hit in the chest when troops opened fire towards the school. The Israelis said they returned fire after coming under mortar attack.

A schoolgirl from the same refugee camp in Khan Younis died last month after being shot in the head at her desk.

Israel has been hit by controversy over the death of another Palestinian girl shot by troops in Rafah last week.

The UN agency for Palestinian refugees (Unrwa) says the shooting is the fourth such incident in less than two years.

An Unrwa statement said it had "repeatedly called on the Israeli authorities to stop firing at schools".

However, it says Israel routinely denies its soldiers have been involved or invokes the security requirements of its positions.

"Peter Hansen, Unrwa's Commissioner-General has demanded that such shootings must stop," the statement says.

Israel radio reported that the army was investigating the incident, but a military spokesperson said initial checks indicated that troops opened fire at Palestinians in the area who were firing mortar shells at an Israeli settlement.

Israel has occupied the Gaza Strip since capturing it in the 1967 war.

The Israeli government intends to begin evacuating the 8,000 Jewish settlers and the troops who protect them in Gaza next year as part of a disengagement plan to enhance Israeli security.

Rafah contradictions

Israel's military commander for the Gaza Strip is investigating the death of 13-year-old Iman al-Hams who was gunned down near the Girit army outpost in the Tel Sultan neighbourhood.

Preliminary inquiries have revealed "contradictions" between the officer's version of events and that of his men, Haaretz website reports.

The soldiers complained that after the first shots were fired at the girl, the company commander approached her motionless body, fired two shots to her head, and then sprayed her with automatic fire. The commander denies some of the accusations, Haaretz reports.

The case has been widely reported in the international media.

Huweida al-Hams, Iman's mother, described the incident as a "criminal act of hate" in an interview on Monday and called for God's punishment on the Israeli army.

The army has alleged Iman had been sent to the outpost by Palestinian militants planning to target the soldiers with snipers.

Initially, it said the troops suspected the girl of carrying a bomb in what later turned out to be her school satchel.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/worl...ast/3737218.stm

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• Erikl

• Fluffybunny

• rangers23

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad indeed, but what I heard was that she cought in the middle of fire between IDF soldiers and Palestinian terrorists.

After almost ten days of urban fighting, when terrorists use schools as hiding places where they shoot on IDF soldiers from, such an incident is unfortunately bound to happen.

If there was a method to get terrorists outside of cities, into open battlefields, that would be great thumbsup.gif

I agree why not, maybe even a playground? I mean this is nothing more than a friggin playground anyway with a bunch of testerone fuelled, pumped up men who act like typical playground bullies.

What happened to the little girl is terribly sad, bless her, I hope she recovers. sad.gif

What happened to the little girl is terribly sad, bless her, I hope she recovers. sad.gif

303113[/snapback]

The soldiers complained that after the first shots were fired at the girl, the company commander approached her motionless body, fired two shots to her head, and then sprayed her with automatic fire. The commander denies some of the accusations, Haaretz reports.

Ummm, I don't think that she is going to recover.

Initially, it said the troops suspected the girl of carrying a bomb in what later turned out to be her school satchel

Don't all children carry a book bag? why was this girl singled out? She was ina school after all.

I don't know what to say...words this time escape me.

disgust.gif

Edited by Lottie

Don't all children carry a book bag? why was this girl singled out? She was ina school after all.

Apparently she wasn't singled out;

Israeli troops have shot and critically wounded an 11-year-old Palestinian girl standing outside her school in Gaza.

A schoolgirl from the same refugee camp in Khan Younis died last month after being shot in the head at her desk.

Israel has been hit by controversy over the death of another Palestinian girl shot by troops in Rafah last week.

The UN agency for Palestinian refugees (Unrwa) says the shooting is the fourth such incident in less than two years.

Just one of many sad.gif

The two incidents are un-related.

The 13 years old girl was shot by a mentally un-stable Palestinian israeli officer.

He will be dealt with in court and will probably be convicted in first degree murder and will find himslef in prison.

I already wrote what I think about this psycho in another thread.

The second event, of that 11 years old, died as a result of a clash between IDF soldiers and Palestinian terrorists, who were fighting near a school (the place of hide chosen by the terrorists).

You see what happen when you mix two un-related events into one single event? The result - demagogue.

I agree why not, maybe even a playground? I mean this is nothing more than a friggin playground anyway with a bunch of testerone fuelled, pumped up men who act like typical playground bullies.

So I guess US and British soldiers fighting and dying in Afghanistan and other places against terrorists are too nothing more than playground bullies? huh.gif

You see what happen when you mix two un-related events into one single event? The result - demagogue.

You love that word rolleyes.gif I think thats your catchpharse

one sided here im sure this wernt intentional. why do you think the palastinan militants fight when there are innocent civilians around? because one they have a little degree of protection and 2 if the palastineans shoot a girl they can blame it on the nasty israelis. im sure you dont care when we get attacked in buses just commuting to work they dont care whose in the bus the more the better. What about the two kids who died from a mortar no outcry here

im sure you dont care when we get attacked in buses just commuting to work they dont care whose in the bus the more the better.

Oh great another 'The world's against me' poster. Look I don't give to sh*ts what you think we care about, but I'll tell you one thing, we certainly don't think dragging kids into a conflict no matter what race they are is acceptable.

dragging kids into a conflict you say. We dont drag kids into the conflict we dont hide behind kids the elderly for protection we dont hide in schools and hospitals for protection! And we certainly dont go around killing as many innocent people as possible. Maybe you should be be putting stuff about the palestinans militants and how far they would go!

Well we could, but we don't have any Palistinians on the site denying they blew up someone thismorning, however we have to Israeli's who matter how many civilians the IDF kills say its okay because they didn't mean to.

Of course its not okay if kids get killed in the crossfire. Thats just what happens when militants decide to shoot from civilian buildings they got caught in the corssfire. How do you know the article wasnt some propoganda bull**** to make people with small minds as urself think the nasty israelis did it. How do you know the palestinan didnt ''accidentally'' shoot the girl?

Thats just what happens when militants decide to shoot from civilian buildings they got caught in the corssfire.

So your saying that there just Collateral damage not children?

How do you know the palestinan didnt ''accidentally'' shoot the girl?

And your still trying to deny the IDF has any guilt, trying to pass it onto other people. See at least Erikle would have the guts to admit, okay we shot a child even if he'd then say it was because the Palsitinians used her as a human sheild rolleyes.gif

How do you know the article wasnt some propoganda bull**** to make people with small minds as urself think the nasty israelis did it.

Whoa, nice debating skills there, swearing, insults, kinda shows the level of your whole argument thus far rolleyes.gif

How do you know the article wasnt some propoganda bull**** to make people with small minds as urself think the nasty israelis did it. How do you know the palestinan didnt ''accidentally'' shoot the girl?

Firstly there is no need to be rude.

Secondly children are being killed, this is not propoganda this is fact. These people shot the girl and were quite happy in shooting towards that school and any other civilian that got in there way which included this child. To take a child's life is quite wrong, simple.

What can i say , what do u expect from isrealians who has taken the land of palestanians , we watch everydays the pics of the mass murders in palestine, this is only a drop of water to a sea .

Very sad indeed, but what I heard was that she cought in the middle of fire between IDF soldiers and Palestinian terrorists.

After almost ten days of urban fighting, when terrorists use schools as hiding places where they shoot on IDF soldiers from, such an incident is unfortunately bound to happen.

If there was a method to get terrorists outside of cities, into open battlefields, that would be great 

If u are defending ur land from a people who took it without ur will u r called a terrorist? please don't take ur news from medias that don't tell the true , palestinien fight the army of israelians with stones . i hope u search for the true

Edited by cyberlord

Seems they've gone and killed another couple of kids huh.gif A 15 and a 7 year old...

Is shooting kids turning into some kind of national past time in Israel? huh.gif

*is sure someone will post up the full story later, since it was only just on tv this instant, might not have done the rounds online yet*

Edited by Seraphina

*is sure someone will post up the full story later, since it was only just on tv this instant, might not have done the rounds online yet*

304728[/snapback]

Yeah, speaking of that, where is your brother? grin2.gif The guy is a better newsfeed that the AP...I think CNN is coming to him for information on breaking news.

Is shooting kids turning into some kind of national past time in Israel? huh.gif

No. All these killings are just "accidents" and all news agencies that say otherwise are feeding propaganda to their readers/viewers whistling2.gif

-Arben

You know what?

I am not even going to argue anymore.

Sera it is either you wish to get into an argument, or you are simply locked to any info other than yourself.

You know what?

Let's start a new mantra here: UK is Nazi...UK is Nazi...UK is Nazi...UK is Nazi... (say it all!)... UK is Nazi....

This is simply disgussting.

And that new guy - "arben"... "only stones" you say? lol

The saddest of all is that even though Talon learned new things about the conflict there, he never seem to include it in his posts. Reading his and Sera's posts today is like reading it 8 months ago.

With no rational what so ever.

Hypocrity in it's worst.

every day every hour we hear such events , israely people have only one purpose

to elemenat arab to fulfill there prophecies

theye hate arab so they don't seperate the men from the boys

what ever medias says that the palestinience are terrist are lies , they

only wanted to lebirate there land like all the world did .

every single land in palestine or what is called falsely israel is owned to palestinians people

Blah blah blah... viewing this thread is like looking through a Hamas board or something... I'm gonna puke soon... the amount of hatred... and ignorance...

Okee-dokee.

I think this thread too has lived a full life and now needs to be put out to pasture...

Gaza schoolgirl dies of injuries

A Palestinian schoolgirl has died of injuries received when she was struck by Israeli fire directed at her school in Gaza on Tuesday.

Ghadir Mokheimer was hit in the chest when troops opened fire towards the school. The Israelis said they returned fire after coming under mortar attack.

Israel is facing controversy over a Palestinian girl shot dead last week.

The UN agency for Palestinian refugees (Unrwa) said Ghadir's shooting was the fourth such incident in less than two years.

An Unrwa statement said it had "repeatedly called on the Israeli authorities to stop firing at schools".

However, it says Israel routinely denies its soldiers have been involved or invokes the security requirements of its positions.

"Peter Hansen, Unrwa's Commissioner-General has demanded that such shootings must stop," the statement said.

On Tuesday, Israel radio reported that the army was investigating the incident, but a military spokesperson said initial checks had indicated that troops opened fire at Palestinians in the area who were firing mortar shells at an Israeli settlement.

Israel has occupied the Gaza Strip since capturing it in the 1967 war.

The Israeli government intends to begin evacuating the 8,000 Jewish settlers and the troops who protect them in Gaza next year as part of a disengagement plan to enhance Israeli security.

Rafah contradictions

The Israeli army has suspended a platoon commander accused of shooting a wounded Palestinian girl at close range in Rafah in southern Gaza last week.

The military commander for the Gaza Strip has been investigating the death of 13-year-old Iman al-Hams who was gunned down near the Girit army outpost in the Tel Sultan neighbourhood.

"The commander has been suspended from duty. The investigation is ongoing," an army spokeswoman said.

Two versions of events have been given about the incident - one by the military and another by soldiers manning the outpost.

The soldiers complained that after the first shots were fired at the girl, the company commander approached her motionless body, fired two shots to her head, and then sprayed her with automatic fire. The commander denied some of the accusations.

Palestinian medics said Iman's body was recovered with 20 bullet wounds in the head and chest.

The army has alleged the girl had been sent to the outpost by Palestinian militants planning to target the soldiers with snipers.

Initially, it said the troops suspected her of carrying a bomb in what later turned out to be her school satchel.

Huweida al-Hams, Iman's mother, described the incident as a "criminal act of hate" in an interview on Monday and called for God's punishment on the Israeli army.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/worl...ast/3739148.stm