Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I have an idea of invention

FlyingAngel

It's a stun/paralyzer gun combining with AI (artificial intelligence). The gun has a camera, inside the camera is a computer chip which has the ability to analyze the movement of the target. So when the user shoot, the chip will try to auto-aim the target by moving the head of the gun around and shoot.

If every cops have this gun, catching a criminal isn't a big deal.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FlyingAngel

• shrooma

• Mr.United_Nations

• sepulchrave

How would it work in a crowd?

a computer large enough to run an algorithm that could successfully predict movement to the extent that it could be used in a firearm would fill a room, and certainly wouldn't be small enough to fit in your hand.

not to mention the ethical implications behind a weapon that can autonomously kill people. if it missed, killing someone in front of/behind/at the side of the target, who'd be responsible for the death, the marksman? the software engineer?

the inventor.....?

It's a stun/paralyzer gun combining with AI (artificial intelligence). The gun has a camera, inside the camera is a computer chip which has the ability to analyze the movement of the target. So when the user shoot, the chip will try to auto-aim the target by moving the head of the gun around and shoot.

If every cops have this gun, catching a criminal isn't a big deal.

Arnt they already testing this?

Something along those lines (and perhaps more sinister) already exists, see the story at Ars Technica.

what you have there sep, is a sight adjuster that allows for distance (i.e bullet drop due to gravity) and windspeed. the gun itself has to be lined, sighted, and fired by the marksman. i think the OP is suggesting a gun that can be vaguely pointed in the direction of a moving target, and the gun itself 'moves around' (??), predicts where the target will be, and fires accordingly.

i think?

a computer large enough to run an algorithm that could successfully predict movement to the extent that it could be used in a firearm would fill a room, and certainly wouldn't be small enough to fit in your hand.

not to mention the ethical implications behind a weapon that can autonomously kill people. if it missed, killing someone in front of/behind/at the side of the target, who'd be responsible for the death, the marksman? the software engineer?

the inventor.....?

i would probably suggest an Wireless transmission, and the bullets always can go to someone else, even if their projectile

better have a computer to Aim when your lying in the ground wounded hand half uncounchess than shoot ramdomly

How would it work in a crowd?

Is not supposed to work in a crowd. Even with a real gun, no cop dare to shoot, there is not reason why this one should.

the inventor.....?

No need a large computer. Small chips, engines like iPad/iPhone has already enough strength to analyze an image capture from camera.

Is not supposed to kill people: it's a stun/paralyzer gun.

No need a large computer. Small chips, engines like iPad/iPhone has already enough strength to analyze an image capture from camera.

what you are suggesting, is a programme sophisticated enough to PREDICT MOVEMENT, i.e, where a moving target WILL BE, not just analysing an image, and aren't fully aware of just how much computation that would entail. it's something that the most powerful supercomputer wouldn't be able to handle to the extent that it could predict the completely unknown movement of a human randomly dodging, and certainly nothing that anyone could safely allow to use a firearm.

i wouldn't be applying for that patent JUST yet if i were you.....

Edited by shrooma

what you are suggesting, is a programme sophisticated enough to PREDICT MOVEMENT, i.e, where a moving target WILL BE, not just analysing an image, and aren't fully aware of just how much computation that would entail. it's something that the most powerful supercomputer wouldn't be able to handle to the extent that it could predict the completely unknown movement of a human randomly dodging, and certainly nothing that anyone could safely allow to use a firearm.

i wouldn't be applying for that patent JUST yet if i were you.....

No really need a super computer, really. Watch this:

It is able to locate where the target is. So if it can record the location of the marked dot at time t=0, then t=1, then predict t=2 is not a big deal. Except the hands and feet have unknown movement, the overall movement is a straight line. When a criminal run, he runs straight, not in a zic-zac movement like Neo in the Matrix...

This is not a firearm. It's a stun gun, you are paralyzed for a couple of second... so nothing dangerous.

No really need a super computer, really. Watch this:

It is able to locate where the target is. So if it can record the location of the marked dot at time t=0, then t=1, then predict t=2 is not a big deal. Except the hands and feet have unknown movement, the overall movement is a straight line. When a criminal run, he runs straight, not in a zic-zac movement like Neo in the Matrix...

This is not a firearm. It's a stun gun, you are paralyzed for a couple of second... so nothing dangerous.

1) t=0 t=1 t=2 makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. t, as an integer merely means 'time', so 'time=0, time=1, time=2 has no meaning.

2) when someone is shooting at you, you take evasive action, you do NOT run in an easily predictable straight line.

3) ANY weapon that fires a projectile is a firearm whether it's lethal or non-lethal, the clue is in the name, an armament that can be fired, get it?

4) it's obvious you have an extremely closed mind which can't grasp the ideas it's trying to formulate, and therefore can't reasonably be expected to be part of a discussion.

5) i have better things to do than run around in circles with someone who can't understand a flawed premise. (see (4))

Edited by shrooma

Is not supposed to work in a crowd.

if the criminals took the same stance then there should not be a problem, but history tells us otherwise, not all criminals are that obliging.

1) t=0 t=1 t=2 makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. t, as an integer merely means 'time', so 'time=0, time=1, time=2 has no meaning.

No meaning for you. But for mathematician it's an interval of time. t=0 usually means the initial moment. And in case you have no knowledge about imaging, a video is captured in frame. You can mark the location of the target which is translate in coordinate (pixel) inside the image. The target moves, 40ms later it has a different position. From that you can predict the next position 40ms later. People don't appear on top of the screen then instantly 40ms later appear at the bottom at the screen unless he moves at 100km/h.

2) when someone is shooting at you, you take evasive action, you do NOT run in an easily predictable straight line.

Yes. When someone is shooting only. When the cops don't shoot, you run. You don't just stay there and get caught. They shoot when you have a gun and is a threat only. You don't shoot a 16 years old running.

3) ANY weapon that fires a projectile is a firearm whether it's lethal or non-lethal, the clue is in the name, an armament that can be fired, get it?

Doesn't matter, if the cops can use a normal gun, then having an AI auto-aim is a plus. Lose nothing, gain everything.

4) it's obvious you have an extremely closed mind which can't grasp the ideas it's trying to formulate, and therefore can't reasonably be expected to be part of a discussion.

Closed mind is for people who don't have imagination, stay in the shell of actual life, have no creativity (like you)

5) i have better things to do than run around in circles with someone who can't understand a flawed premise. (see (4))

Then don't run around, no one forced you to. Very easy.

if the criminals took the same stance then there should not be a problem, but history tells us otherwise, not all criminals are that obliging.

The guns helps you to auto-aim. All you need is press the shoot trigger when he's alone. It doesn't help you in any way shoot him precisely in a crowd.

Edited by FlyingAngel

What about costs who will pay? where would you test it? market target? any disadcantages?