Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Councilors get a lotta hate

KaysonMire

So I harp on about not ever wanting to talk to a councilor. My friends say they refuse to go to them.

Even as I agree, to this day I feel as if Being a councilor would be best for me.

I'm a good listener. I know when to talk and when not to speak up. I know how to process things and be there for people.

I also know that they tend to get a bad rep among most kids my age. Idk about how adults view them, but I don't understand, what makes us dislike them?

Is it because they want to help, even though they have not been through a single thing people have?

Or is it because for some reason in all truth we just don't want to be helped?

I've been weighing this on my head, because this is something a would like different perspectives on.

Overall i just want to know What do you guys think of councilors and why?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KaysonMire

• Beany

• s33ker

• yowiee

Top Posters In This Topic

Most counselors, even mediocre ones, are pretty busy, so not everyone hates the idea of counseling. I had two years of transpersonal therapy, and it was one of the best things I've done for myself. There are a lot of misconceptions about how counseling works and the role of a therapist, which leads people to erroneous conclusions about it.

So I harp on about not ever wanting to talk to a councilor. My friends say they refuse to go to them.

Even as I agree, to this day I feel as if Being a councilor would be best for me.

I'm a good listener. I know when to talk and when not to speak up. I know how to process things and be there for people.

I also know that they tend to get a bad rep among most kids my age. Idk about how adults view them, but I don't understand, what makes us dislike them?

Is it because they want to help, even though they have not been through a single thing people have?

Or is it because for some reason in all truth we just don't want to be helped?

I've been weighing this on my head, because this is something a would like different perspectives on.

Overall i just want to know What do you guys think of councilors and why?

Generally the ones in public schools don't do a very good job, or don't consider the problems people go to them with as 'real'. My friend was depressed because her parents were divorcing; it wasn't a 'real' problem and she needed to get over it. Another friend was getting threatened at school, went to the counciler and was told to work it out on her own. Generally, the real problems that take work to solve aren't even discussed anymore.

Generally the ones in public schools don't do a very good job, or don't consider the problems people go to them with as 'real'. My friend was depressed because her parents were divorcing; it wasn't a 'real' problem and she needed to get over it. Another friend was getting threatened at school, went to the counciler and was told to work it out on her own. Generally, the real problems that take work to solve aren't even discussed anymore.

That's exactly how it tends to go, which is so frustrating. Councilors should be there to for every problem and at least help show the kid at school how to solve it themselves.

I believe in councilors who have lived through the problems we seek them out to help us with and have actually overcome them.

I do not believe in text book councilors with diplomas and no experience.