Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boston Bombing induced stress and anxiety

Clarakore

OK guys, I am having a bit of conflict here. I don't like the way this whole thing is making me feel, anxious, stressed, scared, and mistrustful of my own government.

I am looking for ways to cope and I know the best is to limit how much attention and energy I give to this daily. Definitely overdosed on cable news earlier this week.

Another thing I noticed is that my core beleifs and tendencies (i.e., to send positive energy out, to be forgiving, and to want to heal) is being supplanted by those around me (e.g., I would rather blame the right-wing, I would rather dabble in conspiracy theories of the false flag nature, and be on extra-high alert with a critical eye to all I am hearing causing me great disbelief).

In a way we can beleive to be total individuals and whatever choice we make was truly ours but society and context have greater input than some realize.

Then there is this, any theory or narrative I will invest in leads me back to the understanding that they are more based on my own preformed perjudices and views. That is looking into a mirror and not getting anywhere near the truth.

What are some techniques and suggestions others have found or can offer to better cope with these events and more importantly the reporting and discussion of these events in the aftermath which might be more behind the problem than the original events themselves?

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

Do you know anyone DIRECTLY affected by the bombings?

If yes, help them recover, I suspect in the process you'll recover yourself.

If no, then find something else to do. Stop reading about it, stop blaming people (hint: the people who DID it are in gaol or dead). Read a book. Go on a date. Plan a picnic.

• Like 3

Let it go, if you are not personally affected aka: have a loved one or friend injured then you cannot be constructively involved. All the theories etc are just data/information much of it false and crude speculation with no real evidence.

It does no good to worry about things you cannot take personal action on, it just creates the kind of anxiety you are experiencing. As Wearer of Hats has suggested get out and do things, live your life.

I recently lost my brother. In one of our last conversations he said to me "don't cry when I'm gone, live your life". I know what he meant, he would have loved to continue to live life but that option was gone, so he wanted those he loved to be happy and ensure our lives did not stop when his did. I try to honour him by living and continuing with life.

The victims of the bombing would have the same to say to others - live your life, we wanted to live but couldn't, honour us by living a full life because you have that opportunity.

• Like 4

*unhelpful negative comment*

• Like 2

What are some techniques and suggestions others have found or can offer to better cope with these events and more importantly the reporting and discussion of these events in the aftermath which might be more behind the problem than the original events themselves?

Seriously turn off your tv and unplug from even the "conspiracy sites" on the internet to detox yourself of it. The internet is becoming as bad if not worse than TV for these things.

There is all sorts of 'programming' going on if you allow yourself to absorb this kind of news/info/frequency to the extent you have. The remedy is to unplug from it and get out into nature and focus your intention on rebalancing yourself. How you express that intention is entirely up to you, be it meditation, a walk out in nature, or a hearty meal with someone / company who means something to you.

If you wan to know the mechanics behind it energetically, then these news agendas on an energetic level put you into fear/ survival mode - all rooted in the root chakra - go somewhere and give your root consciousness some real earthy substance to let go of all this. That is one way to then become a more functional being towards remaining positive and sending that out to those who really need it.

edited to say - in psychology anything repeated more than 7 times starts to become ingrained. There is no need to hear or watch anything more than few times to get the gist of the story.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 3

OK guys, I am having a bit of conflict here. I don't like the way this whole thing is making me feel, anxious, stressed, scared, and mistrustful of my own government.

I am looking for ways to cope and I know the best is to limit how much attention and energy I give to this daily. Definitely overdosed on cable news earlier this week.

Another thing I noticed is that my core beleifs and tendencies (i.e., to send positive energy out, to be forgiving, and to want to heal) is being supplanted by those around me (e.g., I would rather blame the right-wing, I would rather dabble in conspiracy theories of the false flag nature, and be on extra-high alert with a critical eye to all I am hearing causing me great disbelief).

In a way we can beleive to be total individuals and whatever choice we make was truly ours but society and context have greater input than some realize.

Then there is this, any theory or narrative I will invest in leads me back to the understanding that they are more based on my own preformed perjudices and views. That is looking into a mirror and not getting anywhere near the truth.

My advice to you is to disconnect and emerse yourself in nature. Solo backpacking or kyack camping is wonderfully healing. Try to find lots of sunshine and crystal clear natural water. try to do extrodinary things with your life and remove yourself from the mess of humanity. Trust me you will feel a world better and upon observing life thse way it's ment to be lived that negativity that has latched onto and attached itself to you will fall away.

Good luck.

• Like 3

Write a poem about it. I know we want to ignore our feelings when they are overwhelming, but we can learn from them too. You may be sensitive and have great compassion because it is in you to spread the word about certain causes, or give relief to others. Thats not to say you need to stay plugged in to devices that are driving you crazy, nor that a poem would solve anything or that that act alone is the only type of help you can or eventually will offer.. but writing IS a way of release and honing in on your own responses. Besides I noticed that you enjoy it... just my two cents about emotions actually having value and strength..

:)

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 3