Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fireball UFOs filmed over Ireland

Groups of strange bright circular objects have been caught on video flying over houses in Ireland.

Many questions about the legitimacy of these UFOs are being raised by online commenters and a handful of photographic and special effects experts, who speculate on whether these are flares, balloons, lanterns or simply, unexplained.

arrow3.gifRead more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dKxzThIOQs

The big red flag here is the positioning of the camera person. Most would move further along to get a longer shot of the objects. Instead the person stops and the house remains in the same relative position. It would be very easy to use software to analyze the video, remove the camera movement and allow of insertion of the 'fireballs'. Then the movement is put back to give it a semi-convincing look. Unfortunately with video such as this it is impossible to tell whether it is authentic since there is only one shot. Should multiples show up of the same event it would potentially change that. JMO.

Don't have time to rewatch the video right now, I'll check it out again later.. but at first glance it looks like flares to me....

• Like 1

"Ironically I had a Canon EOS 55D with 300 mm lens at home that could of filmed in 3000x3000 but I was afraid that they would disappear by the time I got my camera as this is a very rare opportunity so instead, used a phone to record as much as possible."

I am sure this is not the real reason. I think the real reason is: "If I use my high resolution camera, everyone will see it in great detail and know it to be faked."

surprisingly good quality for a cell phone.

I would tend to agree that those are CM test flares.

Noticed that some just "suddenly" appeared, nixing out the idea of, say "chinese laterns"

looks like a load of ball to me.

The actual light source must be quite small, when the center of the objects move behind the lamp post the entire object dissapears.

Zam

• Like 3

UFO are back lol they always been here and are here than most people think.but yeah i could understand the person on YouTube in what he said this is a rare opportunity and yeah me either i would like to miss this chance and waste it!!!so i understand fine in my part and i hope others do too:) but like anything of course you have to study it and see if its real and not a hoax.but this one goes to all skeptics and non believers if you people don't believe in the supernatural and paranormal and UFOs then what do you believe in?how can people possibly believe that there is no afterlife i am not talking about heaven and religion but many other dimensions and afterlife's.you people must be miserable if you people think that the material world and this earth plane is what only exist and etc.as for the researchers and believers focus on the UFOs and etc don't listen to these miserable people trying to put others down to their level.ignore them please.don't argue with them or fight with them and or discouraged you at all.but i do ask one thing though.be honest,truthful,sincere and true.don't lie or hoax it its bad enough some people don't believe in them and etc.don't give them the power and satisfaction.you want to talk about UFOs and etc do it even if there's some one saying i don't care or believe in them or whatever they say.annoy them by talking about UFOs and etc if you have to for them to leave lol. this goes to serious researchers be honest and please be honest and truthful about what you find and send it to the open public and people.don't keep any secrets or give it to the government either especially them do i need to say why???

Looks like flares to me too. All moving at the same speed, same direction, same downward angle.

• Like 3

I'm from Irealnd and I studied down in Cork (Where this incident supposedly happened). First of all the video footage could simply be rewound footage of flares or lanterns extinguishing. Unfotunatly because the footage is so bad that it's not worth anything. I feel sorry for the guy because he had a Canon 550D with a class zoom lens sitting at home which he could have used to provide amazing HI Def footage at extreme close up range. I have however experenced two sightings during the early dusk (it was evening but extemely bright). One at my house and another in cork when I was studying.

I'll start with what I saw from my house,

I drove into my driveway at about half 5 in the evening and sat in the car listening to the radio. After a few minutes I had the sudden thought to look into the sky. You see people always complain that they never see UFO's in the sky but the same people have never seen shooting starts or satellites which are extremely comman in the night sky. So If you have never seen a common shooting star what are the chances of seeing a rare UFO. If you never look up you won't see anything. This motto popped into my head when sitting in the car and I said to myself jokingly "I better look at the sky just incase I'm missing a UFO event". Of course I looked up and there was actually a UFO in the sky. It was pretty low in altitude and in every respects was like a helicopter. I caught the UFO flying away from me, it pretty much as close as it could get in respects to my position and moved away from there. The odd thing about it that there was no noise or flickering light like there usually are on helicopters. It just one ball of constant light moving quite fast for a day that didn't have a wimper of breeze. I just watched as much as I could. It just moved off into the horizon until I couldn't see it anymore. I've seen chinese lanterns much farther away than this thing and I could tell from a further distance that they were chinese lanters. You can just tell there is a flame. This UFO however had all the charecteristics of a helicopter, but the odd thing was that it had this constant light fromall the angles i saw it from. It was quite odd.

My sighting down in cork was pretty much the exact same thing, a ball of unweavering light that had the very same charecteristics as what I saw above. I couldn't believe it. The only difference was that this ball was even lower than what I experienced before. I've seen chinese lanterns before. They sell them in the shop just down the road and I even took footage of a few that were passing by my house one time, they had no resemblence to the UFO I saw and I even ran in got my camera and filmed a little compilation of the lanterns. Ironically It was on a Canon 550D. This ball of light just didn't seem like a chinese lantern. Unless there was some electronic powered light because it would glare on the eye when you looked at it as if it was constantly pointed at you and wouldn't flicker in the slightest.

I must reasearch the different chinese lanterns there are because if the two incidents were chinese lanters then it was a very long lasting one and must of had a glass around the flame.

Anyway below is the video I made of the chinese lanterns that passed my house that time. (not the UFO incidents) Enjoy

I don't know what it is about this forum but embedding is just impossible

Edited by Mbyte

I don't know what it is about this forum but embedding is just impossible

the add should be http without the s...

• Like 1

Flares do come to mind, but with paraflares you'd see them going up (small contrail as well as a fireworks like effect of them being show upwards). I've used countless of them, as well as the ones dropped from an aircraft.

These *could* be ones being dropped from an airplane, but those suckers are BRIGHT, and the cameraman should have been able to see the plane with ease.

I think the 3 popping up instantly is pretty interesting. I've never seen flares that coordinated.

Very interesting to say the least, but the only other alternative to a UFO is the flare suggestion.

• Like 1

Looks like cars lights to me in the fog. Could be a road there, you can't see it with all the fog. At one point , if you look close you can see two lights side by side like headlights.

Looks like flares to me too. All moving at the same speed, same direction, same downward angle.

Concur, these are flares.

Flares do come to mind, but with paraflares you'd see them going up (small contrail as well as a fireworks like effect of them being show upwards). I've used countless of them, as well as the ones dropped from an aircraft.

These *could* be ones being dropped from an airplane, but those suckers are BRIGHT, and the cameraman should have been able to see the plane with ease.

I think the 3 popping up instantly is pretty interesting. I've never seen flares that coordinated.

Very interesting to say the least, but the only other alternative to a UFO is the flare suggestion.

The comment on Fog by jimbur got me thinking... I don't see fog, but I do see Clouds.

Looks like these are flares dropping out of the cloud deck. You can't see the "pop" because it happened in/above the clouds. Probably dropped by airplanes, also concealed by the clouds.

• Like 1

Last june at 9 pm at night i saw a object like this it was bright orange.

But it was standing still it was geting brighter and brighter then it vanished.

Probably not a flare then. :tu:

The article also says:

Dan also pointed out the realistic manner in which the UFO-orbs seem to "diminish in brightness and size as they pass behind the tree, lampposts and bushes.

Which also seems to indicate flares.

In this instance. could this be countered by parallax error? The viewing angle of the camera seems somewhat shallow.