Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this evidence of Bigfoot? Police baffled..

Commander CMG

• Giant decomposed foot discovered in woodland in Massachusetts, U.S.
  • Baffled local police sent the remains to a medical examiner for testing

It sounds like the plot of a childhood adventure movie.

Two young boys stumble across a giant, decomposing foot in the woods, leaving local police to wonder whether the grisly find is evidence of the fabled Bigfoot.

But that's exactly what has happened in Massachusetts, U.S., where tests are being carried out on the mysterious remains amid speculation over exactly what kind of creature it belonged to.

arrow3.gifView: Read more

• Like 2

HA! That's awesome!!

I literally just posted in the "Promising Bigfoot Evidence" thread about how there never seems to be any real physical evidence of Bigfoot, then I see this thread... lol

I'm almost afraid to get my hopes up..

Bear?

And that said, the fact that there might be bears in the woods in Quincy (which is more urban than Plymouth) disturbs me a bit.

• Like 2

Ok, the foot was sent to Quincy for analysis...but it was found in Lakeville (a far more rural town).

BTW, I live in this general area.

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 2

I wish they'd put a tape measure next to it.

I don't live in the US but would say unless part of the foot is missing the shape would be more like a bear, but it's still great that they are at least studying the part to work out the source.

• Like 1

Uhm? Yeah, that's my Bigfoot....foot. I dropped it out of my backpack while coming out of the woods. Lilly, be a sweetheart and give them a call and ask them to send it back to me. Please?

I'm like the rest, I'm too afraid to be exited about the find because it's probably a hoax.

Edited by keninsc
  • Like 1

It's actually a little sad when people are too afraid to be excited because of the probability of this being a hoax. Really shows a lot about how often hoaxes are for Bigfoot and cryptids are.

As for me, I'm just going with hoax or known animal. It just happens all the time with these kinds of things.

• Like 2

It looks like a root.

And where is the rest of the decomposed bear body found by these 2 young boys a few days after the announcement of the $1m reward???

• Like 1

If it's Bigfoot, shouldn't the porcupines have eaten it by now?

I'm betting bear.

I read in another article about this incident that bear paws are often mistaken for human (bigfoot) because they are so similar.

• Like 2

It takes time to eat an entire Bigfoot.

• Like 4

Uhm? Yeah, that's my Bigfoot....foot. I dropped it out of my backpack while coming out of the woods. Lilly, be a sweetheart and give them a call and ask them to send it back to me. Please?

Sorry, no go...they said something about "finders keepers".

• Like 2

Ewww! It's gross! But I can't wait to hear the results of the DNA test. Odd that the cut end of the appendage looks so straight, like it was one swing of an ax to chop that baby off, which could indicate another hoax or maybe a poacher.

I really want it to be real!!!!

but then again it might mean a footless sasquatch is hobbling around...that's sad :(

Edited by Lava_Lady
  • Like 1

..but then again it might mean a footless sasquatch is hobbling around...that's sad :(

So, would that make him a 'Hopsquatch'?

• Like 5

ManBearPig.

Edited by ancient astronaut
  • Like 5

A number of questions emerge. Why just a portion of one foot? Where is the remainder of the carcass? Surely, even if portions were carried off by smaller carrion eaters, there would still be substantial remains in the area. These would be extremely odiferous in the case of a large animal. The police do not appear to be treating this as "human remains" as there was no crime scene established. So, I might guess a bear foot. A hoax, maybe. Or, perhaps a hunter simply left remains after claiming the valued portions of a bear. Or, perhaps the remains of the elusive Chupacabra.

A number of questions emerge. Why just a portion of one foot? Where is the remainder of the carcass? Surely, even if portions were carried off by smaller carrion eaters, there would still be substantial remains in the area. These would be extremely odiferous in the case of a large animal. The police do not appear to be treating this as "human remains" as there was no crime scene established. So, I might guess a bear foot. A hoax, maybe. Or, perhaps a hunter simply left remains after claiming the valued portions of a bear. Or, perhaps the remains of the elusive Chupacabra.

What if only the foot was carried away from the rest of the carcass?

Bear paw.