Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this evidence of Bigfoot? Police baffled..

Commander CMG

Not a bear paw no claws showing. Looks like a ape fot to me.

OK, I'm not denying bear paw. But in light of what's been asked before, where's the rest of the skeleton? Maybe Bigfoot is actually some sort of mutated bear species. That would explain the "sightings" that havn't been faked.

Frankly, I've never heard of anyone seeing a Bigfoot in my area of Mass. I'm sure the "Finding Bigfoot" guys would disagree, but seeing Bigfoot around here just isn't commonplace.

OK, I'm not denying bear paw. But in light of what's been asked before, where's the rest of the skeleton? Maybe Bigfoot is actually some sort of mutated bear species. That would explain the "sightings" that havn't been faked.

I did address the rest of the skeletal remains.. Perhaps the paw/foot was dragged away by an animal. The rest of the body does'nt have to be in the same area. Maybe the paw/foot was an outcome of an unfortunate accident and the creature left injured.

Bear?

And that said, the fact that there might be bears in the woods in Quincy (which is more urban than Plymouth) disturbs me a bit.

Bear?

And that said, the fact that there might be bears in the woods in Quincy (which is more urban than Plymouth) disturbs me a bit.

Ok, the foot was sent to Quincy for analysis...but it was found in Lakeville (a far more rural town).

BTW, I live in this general area.

I live in the area too. It could be a bear. they tend to roam into urban areas some times.

I missed that, then it looks like it's not all that big. Must be a bear's paw.

Oh yeah. that settles it,,,,, way too small to be the foot of a bigfoot (unless it is a juvenile)

The police are baffled?

Do they not know there are bears in the area?

Either they have been mis-quoted, are not looking for the most obvious plausible explanation or they do believe this could be something extraordinary.

The police are baffled?

Do they not know there are bears in the area?

Either they have been mis-quoted, are not looking for the most obvious plausible explanation or they do believe this could be something extraordinary.

The police are often baffled, thank god we have Jessica Fletcher to help them out. ;)

I would go for misquoted, all they needed was one officer to scratch his head and say "I'm baffled as to what this is" for "Police baffled" to be attached to the story.

• Like 2

A dog might very well have taken the foot from a decomposing bear's body somewhere deep in the woods, then gotten increasingly uneasy about his welcome as he carried it home and dropped it.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock
  • Like 1

The Daily Mail everyone........

The Daily Mail is a British daily middle-market tabloid newspaper

How did this make 3 pages?

This is not just in the Daily Mail...it's all over.

Here's a link to the Enterprise (a local Mass news site) with the same story http://www.enterpris...ses-big-mystery

Thank you, now I will read it :)

Looks like a Bear Paw to me....

A google check shows no new news....

This is ridiculous now.

Tabloids are blowing it out of proportion. Its a bear paw ffs.

It can't be a bigfoot foot because bigfoot does NOT exist.

A bit of (not critical but just) thinking will bring you to the conclusion that it doesn't exist.

Use your loaf people!

Well, we'll see what happens I guess. If the news comes out and says "Bear paw" then it may have just been a bear paw, if they never fallow up on it, then that means its really Bigfoot, and no ones aloud to talk about it....

By this time next week, some military guy will tell us it was a weather ballon or swamp gas...

"GO BACK TO AMERICA YOUR GOVERNMENT HAS FIGURED OUT HOW IT ALL TRANSPIRED! GO BACK TO BED AMERICA YOUR GOVERNMENT IS IN CONTROL AGAIN! HERE. HERE'S AMERICAN GLADIATORS. WATCH THIS, SHUT UP!"

~Bill Hicks~

Edited by Midyin
  • Like 1

if they never fallow up on it, then that means its really Bigfoot, and no ones aloud to talk about it....

If there is no follow up then it means that someone can't admit that it was nothing more than a bear's paw. A lackluster finish to a story is not newsworthy. It does not sell papers. But a bigfoot find does sell papers which is why this story gained some exposure in the first place.

Dead deer on roadside. Not a story. Dead bear in woods. Not a story. A squirrel murder-suicide. Not a story.

Bear paw purported to be evidence for a creature with no good evidence to support it. That's a story.

The quiet is simply evidence that this is not a story, i.e. it's a bear paw.

Well, we'll see what happens I guess. If the news comes out and says "Bear paw" then it may have just been a bear paw, if they never fallow up on it, then that means its really Bigfoot, and no ones aloud to talk about it....

By this time next week, some military guy will tell us it was a weather ballon or swamp gas...

"GO BACK TO AMERICA YOUR GOVERNMENT HAS FIGURED OUT HOW IT ALL TRANSPIRED! GO BACK TO BED AMERICA YOUR GOVERNMENT IS IN CONTROL AGAIN! HERE. HERE'S AMERICAN GLADIATORS. WATCH THIS, SHUT UP!"

~Bill Hicks~

If you are serious....

Can you give some detailed reasons why the Government would hide a new species of animal?

And, if the Government wanted to hide it, how would they keep any evidence from the public?....Do they have armed guards with the Bigfoots at all times?

Can you give some detailed reasons why the Government would hide a new species of animal?

Because the government is training a secret army of Bigfoot soldiers.

Agreed. Not well referenced, however:

http://www.tauntonga...from-black-bear

This link needs to be bolded.....

No Bigfoot in Lakeville; paw is from black bear

LAKEVILLE —

Big foot find isn’t Bigfoot: It’s a bear

It’s not a man. It’s not Bigfoot. The mysterious remains found last month in Lakeville are from a black bear.

Police Chief Frank Alvilhiera said the thought that a Bigfoot could be lurking in the woods did excite some people. Since the 7-inch paw turned up, Alvilhiera has fielded media calls from the “Animal Planet” and as far away as Florida.

Bigfoot, also known as “sasquatch,” is the name given to an ape-like creature that some people believe inhabits forests in North America.

Justin April, 12, and two neighborhood friends got the shock of their lives when they found the big foot on March 29.

His father, David April, said at first it appeared to be human remains and police cordoned off the scene with yellow tape until the medical examiner arrived.....................................................................................

Read more: http://www.enterprisenews.com/news/x140270330/No-Bigfoot-in-Lakeville-paw-is-from-black-bear#ixzz2Rnk6CWhj

Why not show some measurments on the foot,you know like two foot long and one foot wide?

They should show the mesurments as well

They should show the mesurments as well

Why, it is solved, it is no longer a " mystery ". ( it was not to most )

• Like 1

There's a pencil shown in the top of the picture for size reference. It's a pretty small foot or claw. It's easily missed.

Even if a bigfoot sasquatch thing exised, wouldnt that imply that hed need an entire lineage to presently exist? This idea of just one bigfoot solely existing , lurking around with far and few , let alone questionable sightings is a bit odd. Ya know, hed have to have some family around. You neverhear of multiple bigfoot sightings. Trust me im no rightwing skeptic just stating some obvious...