Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone Else Miss The Old Resident Evil Games?

Kowalski

I remember playing these games when I was younger. I was 13 when I played the first Resident Evil game. I still remember how freaked out I would get when the "hunters" would come after me...Sometimes, I'd scream and turn the Playstation of real fast cuz if freaked me out so bad...LOL

Remember this one, too:

[media=]

How I miss these games.....

• Like 2

I've played only RE5, more like an action game than a survival/horror one. Wesker the former evil genius becomes a mad scientist in it.

I've played only RE5, more like an action game than a survival/horror one. Wesker the former evil genius becomes a mad scientist in it.

Albert Wesker is the most awesome bad guy ever!

I have Resident Evil 5, but nothing can really compare with the first ones. ones I know we have better graphics now, but the older games gave you this real creepy feeling when you played them.

Yeah re5 was firstly intended to be a survival/horror game but the producers finally dropped this idea, there is a teaser of the original game on You tube. In the final version the zombis are not really zombis and Chris looks like he is on steroids and punches boulders, WTF.

Edited by Thegreatsilence

How do you miss playing a video game? are you not able to play them anymore? do you wish the developers could recreate that experience? On a side note, I enjoyed playing Code Veronica

How do you miss playing a video game? are you not able to play them anymore? do you wish the developers could recreate that experience? On a side note, I enjoyed playing Code Veronica

I don't get to play video games as much anymore, because I'm a mom. But, I'm okay with that. Being a mom is much better! But, I just reminiscing on the games I used to play when I was younger. I loved Code Veronica X:

:w00t:

I used to be quite the romero fan at one time. These were thee definitive survival horror games at the time.

I can recall be huddled in front of my television with all the lights off playing RE2 on the Playstation and being genuinely creeped out to downright reluctant to find out what lie beyond the corner or behind the door.

Great games and really groovy atmosphere for the survival horror fan. Though the game mechanics and graphics by today's standards date them terribly now.

• Like 1

Like you I played RES on the ps and it scared me and I would play for hours. In those days it was easy to play for hours and never realise how much time had passed. I tried playing the recent RES games but they have changed in style not for the better. I even watch the RES movies but they are pretty bad these days. I guess I always want to go back to the days when RES was good but I think that ship has sailed. I also loved the silent hill game that freaked me out.

I actually prefer the newer RE, the old ones had awkward perspectives.

i know what you mean .. in old games the game was amusing the graphics weren't that great like today's games

but the tiny details in games were amazing and they really worked on them

the pace of games was so fun to play and slow

today's games all they want is great graphics and load them with actions

but they forgot the small details i used to enjoy in old games

games like " parasite eve series , dino crisis 1.2 , resident evil from 1-3 . silent hill 1.2 " and the like

those games were so damn fun to play and keeps you attached

am not saying today's game are not great or fun .. they are really

but they lost the charm that had in older games

OR maybe we just got older .. :P

ps : i have loads of those playstation games on my hard disk on pc and i play with them pretty much on emulators

which provide better graphical details than playstation it self .. it's awesome

Edited by Knight Of Shadows

I never played the resident evil games some how I never mastered play station and Atari and the other controller games I was A Pc gamer I miss the game fate, I miss Final Fantasy, I miss ultima 3 & 4. modern computers just don't do games anymore. especially not the old games ( the elder scrolls " Arena " , ultima 3 ) I would love to play Arena on a 70 inch plasma screen

Edited by mysticwerewolf

Dude, I just bought the Doom 3 BFG Edition and can only play a few parts at a time. I get started and jump so damn easy on these games. Can you realize why I only touched Resident Evil once as a kid?

Don't even get me started on Silent Hill.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2

Dude, I just bought the Doom 3 BFG Edition and can only play a few parts at a time. I get started and jump so damn easy on these games. Can you realize why I only touched Resident Evil once as a kid?

Don't even get me started on Silent Hill.

Oh my god... I played Doom 3 BFG Edition at my sister's house..

Too intense for me, and I'm a huge fan of horror.

I miss the old RE games. The series peaked with RE2 in my opinion, took a step sideways with RE3, then went too far into action territory ever since.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nathan DiYorio

I honestly think the engine used in RE4 and RE5 are far superior to the one used in the original games. If you could combine the over-the-shoulder gameplay with the themes and settings of the previous games, I think you'd have a real winner that could satisfy both camps.

certinally would love to see resident evil 5 engine on old games

imagin resident evil 1 with such techonology as remake .. that outta be awesome

• Like 1

Yeah those first two Resident Evil's were freaky before you became accustomed to horror games. I remember flinching a few times as a kid when you open a door or walk by a windows and a zombie would bash it open at be right on you.

• Like 1

Yeah those first two Resident Evil's were freaky before you became accustomed to horror games. I remember flinching a few times as a kid when you open a door or walk by a windows and a zombie would bash it open at be right on you.

resident evil 2 .. lickers bashing glass windows always used to get me :D

• Like 1