Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

how many of you own a gun?

shrooma

as a brit, where guns are illegal, I was just wondering how many people here own a gun?

and please bear in mind I aren't trying to be judgemental in any way, I know how america feels about guns, i'm just interested in knowing how many people actually own one.

Edited by shrooma

you could make this a poll if you want.

And i own two :tu: and im 19

• Like 1

I don't know how to make a poll spartan, but if you do, then be my guest!

and thanks for answering btw!

I own 4 (all shotguns). A Purdey 30.5" 12 bore, two Webleys - a 12bore and a 410, and a Browning 20 bore (for Mrs.E & daughters). One of the perks of being one of the Landed Gentry!

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 2

I own a small collection.

• Like 1

i've fired guns ealdwita, both here & in the states, and had my kidney shot out by a webley bolt-action rifle, so I kinda know both sides to the story, so to speak!

Canada here. Applying for my gun license shortly with a plan to own 2

• Like 1

12 gauge shotgun and a .45/.410 derringer. I practice regularly and used to compete with AR-15's. I love shooting sports :)

• Like 1

Don't own one but I'm pro guns

that's what kinda got me thinking iNV, I was reading the other thread, about the 6th amendment, and it was clear how all you guys felt about the issue, and I just wondered how many OWNED one, or were just like yourself, non-owner, but pro-gun.

but I think it was more of a civil liberties deal with you lot than anything else.

Edited by shrooma

I love shooting sports :)

I shot an M1911 when I was in the states, and there is something incredibly seductive about guns. just holding one makes you wanna shoot something!

or do I need help??

:-)

do you use them regularly req?

I do. I live out in the country and own a few acres of wild terrain. I have my own makeshift target range set up and head there at least once a week. Late summer, the area becomes infested with rockchucks...alas, live targets in abundance.

• Like 1

I shot an M1911 when I was in the states, and there is something incredibly seductive about guns. just holding one makes you wanna shoot something!

or do I need help??

:-)

You just reminded me of an interesting kinda funny fact i learned a few weeks ago.

When people shoot guns it relases the hormone oxytocin(the bonding/love chemical) in our brain. So in theory people might actually get attacted to their guns when they fire them lol

• Like 1

I can understand that spartan!!

when I was younger, I joined the T.A. (kinda like your reserves) JUST so I could shoot their rifles!

(didn't last long, i'm not a lover of authority figures and got kicked out, but the shooting was awesome!)

Edited by shrooma

16 ga. bolt action, 20 ga. pump, 22 semi auto, 357 mag and a pellet gun if you want to include that.

Used to hunt rabbits,squirrels and quail but since outfitters came in and bought land I hunted on

years back I no longer can hunt there. My guns mostly just set on the gun rack collecting dust.

• Like 1

and from the other side ...

My grandfather and his two brothers all committed suicide. And I've struggled with chronic depression most of my life.

It would not be a good decision for me to have one.

• Like 2

and from the other side ...

My grandfather and his two brothers all committed suicide. And I've struggled with chronic depression most of my life.

It would not be a good decision for me to have one.

sorry to hear that J.K.

you must be the only person in texas who doesn't own one, but being safe is always better than being sorry I guess.....

I own one a BAD-A**(just kidding) .17cal hr savage. hope to safe up enough to get a Sig 9mm and my concealed carry. I like to do alot of back country hiking and the added protection for my family.

• Like 1

Used to hunt rabbits,squirrels and quail but since outfitters came in and bought land I hunted on

years back I no longer can hunt there. My guns mostly just set on the gun rack collecting dust.

do you miss it then hawkin?

I like to do alot of back country hiking and the added protection for my family.

protection from animals when you're hiking misk, or from people when you're at home? or both?