Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

how many of you own a gun?

shrooma

I got a gun in my pants! it makes love not war... its all a real man needs <3 Pussys!

Edited by Silver Surfer

How's the crime in Switzerland?

they have probably the highest ratio of guns to people in the world, with one of the lowest numbers of shootings too, but the swiss are a decidedly strange lot, who keep trying to outlaw motorbikes because they're 'a bit noisy'.

:-)

• Like 3

How's the crime in Switzerland?

I will admit to 4 rifles, Three shotguns, 5 pistols , 1 crossbow, two compound bows, four swords ( two of which are useable the other two are family heirlooms and were ceremonial weapons. ), three fighting staves. Several throwing stars, Darts and about 40 different knives. Each firearm has at least 250 rounds and each clip fed weapon has at least ten clips.

now THAT'S impressive!!

Edited by shrooma

No guns. I do have a broken crossbow though.

And I'm probably more rural than most of you. If I need a gun, I'll go next door and borrow it, like a cup of sugar.

:-D
  • Like 1

I don't own a firearm. But I would like the option open if I choose to.

I got that feeling from the 6th amendment thread, that for most americans it wasn't so much an ownership issue, but one of having the choice of ownership taken away!

• Like 2

I got a gun in my pants! it makes love not war.

and I should imagine that waving it around would put the fear of god into any would-be burglar.....

• Like 2

a Mossberg 30.06 bolt action that is almost as old as I am (passed from my father to me, shoots like a dream and in the process of refinishing it)

I kinda like that idea, that these things aren't just 'items' or 'tools', but treasured possessions!

• Like 1

Okay, so me and my husband own (between us):

a .357, a revolver that shoots both .22s and .45s, a .22 rifle, a hunting rifle, a shotgun, ANOTHER shotgun (single shot winchester), oh and ANOTHER shotgun from 1888 antique double barrel that my husband was given by his Grandfather, (we are actually in the process of getting several antique guns from my husband's grandmother, because his grandpa left him a few. His granddad was a big antique gun collector) and an AK-47....Me and my husband both have Concealed Handgun Licenses also. And all of our guns stay locked up in the gun case. At night, I put the .357 in my nightstand (in case of robbery) and in the morning I lock it back up in the gun case...

and I should imagine that waving it around would put the fear of god into any would-be burglar.....

I too would run away if I saw a naked man running at me with a hard-on. All I be thinking is, this guys is nuts! O.O

• Like 4

It's not a good idea to make public how many and what types of firearms a person has.

• Like 2

I own one a BAD-A**(just kidding) .17cal hr savage. hope to safe up enough to get a Sig 9mm and my concealed carry. I like to do alot of back country hiking and the added protection for my family.

.17 mils are awesome

It's not a good idea to make public how many and what types of firearms a person has.

Well, when you buy them from a dealer, it goes on record doesn't it??

Okay, so me and my husband own (between us):

a .357, a revolver that shoots both .22s and .45s, a .22 rifle, a hunting rifle, a shotgun, ANOTHER shotgun (single shot winchester), oh and ANOTHER shotgun from 1888 antique double barrel that my husband was given by his Grandfather, (we are actually in the process of getting several antique guns from my husband's grandmother, because his grandpa left him a few. His granddad was a big antique gun collector) and an AK-47....Me and my husband both have Concealed Handgun Licenses also. And all of our guns stay locked up in the gun case. At night, I put the .357 in my nightstand (in case of robbery) and in the morning I lock it back up in the gun case...

i apologise for repeating your post kowalski, but i can't 'like' any more posts today because i've 'reached my quota limit' apparently!

:-(

but i liked it anyway!

• Like 2

I too would run away if I saw a naked man running at me with a hard-on. All I be thinking is, this guys is nuts! O.O

(like.)

• Like 1

i understand your point clyde, and a simple 'yay' or 'nay' would've sufficed on the ownership question, but speaking as someone living in a country where guns are illegal, and having a keen interest in them (my favourite being the General Electric GAU-8 Avenger....), i'm finding all this very interesting and insightful!

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 1

I have 2. A .22 rifle and a .38 pistol. I use them a few times a year for either practice in the back yard or for killing pests (raccoons).

• Like 2

yes, and anyone willing to pay 50bucks for background check will know what guns you have registered. along with anything there is to know about you. privacy is a myth these days

• Like 2

More importantly then how many guns, is how many give away guns do you have( just in case)

If / when they come knock'n I have an old sawed off .410 w/pistol grip and a .25 cal beretta with only a few rounds for each to hand over. I'll be dammed if I'm handing over my "serious" weapons or ammo.

• Like 2

My wife owns one, these are my two:

121_elenco.jpg92FS.jpg

ni-i-i-i-i-ce....

i have a friend who collects guns (she's irish, and VERY serious about them), and i have a few pics of her collection, but unfortunately, the photo uploader won't let me upload pics onto my posts (i'm using a phone, not a computer), which is a shame because she has some very nice ones!

My wife owns one, these are my two:

121_elenco.jpg92FS.jpg

you know you've left the safety off of your beretta, right?!

More importantly then how many guns, is how many give away guns do you have( just in case)

If / when they come knock'n I have an old sawed off .410 w/pistol grip and a .25 cal beretta with only a few rounds for each to hand over. I'll be dammed if I'm handing over my "serious" weapons or ammo.

(like)

you know you've left the safety off of your beretta, right?!

These are just stock pictures. That safety is never off, unless I'm at the range. ^_^

• Like 1

I kinda like that idea, that these things aren't just 'items' or 'tools', but treasured possessions!

When my father passed he had 2 rifles that he passed down to me and a brother of mine. I got the 30.06 and my brother got a Winchester 30/30 lever action. I remember killing my first deer with the 30/30 when I was a young boy. It reminds me of the times I went hunting with my father. I wouldn't call them 'heirlooms' but they do signify a connection with my late father and I'll not give either rifle up without a fight. I have taken my son shooting with the .22 and the 12 ga. and we've had some good times. Just last year my son was able to use the 12 ga. and hit a clay pigeon for the first time and he was only 10 at the time. I think a lot of people who aren't American (and even some who are) just don't understand the 'gun culture' that they are trying so hard to eradicate. It's never about violence, not with me or my family. I don't want to turn this into a gun ban debate as there are plenty of other threads for that, I just wanted to voice my opinion. :tu:

* My father had 3 rifles actually, I forgot about an old, old single shot 12 ga. that he had also. It never worked when I was a kid so I always forget my dad even had it. My brother has it now and has actually repaired it and takes it out shooting occasionally.

Edited by Slave2Fate
  • Like 3

If you've purchased guns from FFL dealers, then I'm sure the government can find out exactly what you've got.

But I was mainly referring to : friends, friends of friends, neighbors, relatives, school buddies, etc. The less people know, the better.

Many criminals might shy away from buglarizing a home if they know the homeowner may be armed. But not in all cases. There are criminal elements out there who specifically target homes looking to steal firearms.

• Like 3