Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Czech Ambassador: Chechnya Is Not Czech Repub

Render

The ambassador of the Czech Republic to the United States stressed Friday that his country is different from Chechnya, the region with which one of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects has close ties.

“As many, I was deeply shocked by the tragedy that occurred in Boston earlier this month. It was a stark reminder of the fact that any of us could be a victim of senseless violence anywhere at any moment,” Czech ambassador Petr Gandalovič said in a statement Friday.

Gandalovič cautioned people, largely on social media, that the Czech Republic and Chechnya are not the same thing.

http://www.euronews.com/2013/04/20/chechnya-is-not-czech-republic/

Does he assume that people are thick enough to think that, so he's pre-emptively getting a refutation in, or have people actually said that? is George W, Bush still in office?

Who would mistake the two except an idiot?

Does he assume that people are thick enough to think that, so he's pre-emptively getting a refutation in, or have people actually said that? is George W, Bush still in office?

I would hope that people haven't made that mistake but I'm sure people have somewhere already. Is this a bad time to bring up eugenics? (joke :P )

Yeah but come on people voted for Bush twice, so you can't really use that as a attack.

People set the bar lower every day for me from the guy that picks food and drinks out of the bin to eat and drink which he happily does then puts it back in the bin :S to the people picking the ciggerette out of the gutters and smoking them straight out of the gutter.

Then there is the stupidity, you can answer somebody's question with a honest answer then that person will proceed to ask the same question 3 different ways and look shocked when they receive the same answer.

Didn't you read the article on our people becoming stupider as generations proceed?

With the world the way it is, it was his way of bubble wrapping the issue so no hick could try drag his country into the "War on Terror". It's interesting that me and the czech ambassador share the same opinion. We live walking a tightrope of death but yet we worry about petty crap ignoring that.

Yeah but come on people voted for Bush twice, so you can't really use that as a attack.

People set the bar lower every day for me from the guy that picks food and drinks out of the bin to eat and drink which he happily does then puts it back in the bin :S to the people picking the ciggerette out of the gutters and smoking them straight out of the gutter.

Then there is the stupidity, you can answer somebody's question with a honest answer then that person will proceed to ask the same question 3 different ways and look shocked when they receive the same answer.

Didn't you read the article on our people becoming stupider as generations proceed?

With the world the way it is, it was his way of bubble wrapping the issue so no hick could try drag his country into the "War on Terror". It's interesting that me and the czech ambassador share the same opinion. We live walking a tightrope of death but yet we worry about petty crap ignoring that.

What?

There were so many Americans who had mistaken the two that the ambassador felt the need to put out a press release stating this fact.

A buddy of mine wanted to nuke Kazakhstan after the movie "Borat". Took me 1/2 hour to explain to him that Sacha Cohen wasn't from Kazakhstan.

• Like 1

Well Bush did say that he didn't speak Austrian! Oh wait, that was Obama!! Ball is in your court. :unsure2:

Well Bush did say that he didn't speak Austrian! Oh wait, that was Obama!! Ball is in your court. :unsure2:

Bush speaks Texan

• Like 1

Have you never seen man on the street geography questions? Plenty of people would.

edit to add: yes idiots.

Edited by OverSword

A buddy of mine wanted to nuke Kazakhstan after the movie "Borat". Took me 1/2 hour to explain to him that Sacha Cohen wasn't from Kazakhstan.

No one would be opposed to bombing Sascha Cohen.

• Like 1

What?

That was directed to below TNRN,

^Was/is my position on the topic.

Sorry for not quoting it originally and saving confusion.

Associated Press? I remember when Russia invaded Georgia, apparently the AP editors didn't do their job.

I imagine the Czech embassy was getting crank calls from some people who were geographically-handicapped.

A couple of days ago someone in the Boston Bombing conspiracy thread called them Czechs. Does that count?

You said it. But apparently there's plenty of them: http://publicshaming...hechnya-was-the

I came across a good quote (don't know where it originates): "War is God's way of teaching Americans geography"

Edited by Arbenol68
  • Like 3