Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's most dangerous religious affiliation

Babe Ruth

i love history .. unfortunatly some like and dislike certain parts of it to suit their little bubble of dreams

basically yes the article is truth .. christanity stand behind the most death toll in mankind

love it or hate it .. it doesn't matter it's history

muslims are just getting the right publicity agents that's why we're famous

anyone interested in getting same amount of public attention we'll give you our agent number and address

which was george the bush and his adminstration .. " i still can't believe he was a president "

• Like 1

" i still can't believe he was a president "

Twice. Once might have been forgivable as an accident, but it beggars belief that they went and voted him back in again. Goes to show: War.....any war.......for any reason, is good for votes.

• Like 3

Twice. Once might have been forgivable as an accident, but it beggars belief that they went and voted him back in again. Goes to show: War.....any war.......for any reason, is good for votes.

Comedian once said :

every time bush on tv i wait for Ashton Kutcher to come out from the stage and yell " YOU ALL GOT PUNK'D "

Edited by Knight Of Shadows
  • Like 2

What does it matter what anyone says, Babe? The piece is obviously designed to inflame and cause argument. If it is the belief of a person that Islam is no worse than other religions for causing death and mayhem then I think they are seriously deluded. So much so that they refuse to accept the evidence of their senses. To argue that Christianity is the cause of most of the bloodshed in the world and that Islam is mild by comparison is similarly delusional. The author stacks the deck - he even equates religion and nationalism. Bottom line is people have aligned themselves along political seams in this issue - as in most these days. Ignoring Islam is a good way to be engulfed by it.

Beautifully said. I applaud this post.

I have a sneaky suspicion that BR's agenda is to make out that all Muslims are peace loving and could not have carried out 911.

• Like 1

And Hitler enjoyed the support of The Vatican

How do you explain this then?

HusseiniHitler.jpg

Colonel Rhuairidh is on the money. Genocidal manics tend to go with whatever gives them an advantage.

Edited by psyche101

That is what gets me. Jews, Christians, and Muslims all worship the same God, albeit it different ways. Subsects of each religion have people that worship in different ways. Is the way we worship really important enough to kill eachother? I guess, judging by the evidence of centuries, the answer is yes.

Not so... they all trace their faith back to Abraham but that is where it ends. Muslims worship a god that tells them to actively destroy those who will not submit. I cannot speak for Judaism bu I KNOW Christians are taught the exact opposite. How can they all worship the same God when He manifests Himself so differently to each? I am not trying to hate on those who adhere to Islam. I AM saying that their holy books teach them that the end justifies the means. This last, great war of annihilation is coming because of a clash of civilizations helped along with nuclear weapons. OBL just lit the fuse.

Christians are taught that Jesus is going to come back and kill everyone who isn't Christian at the end of the world. How is that different?

• Like 1

i love history .. unfortunatly some like and dislike certain parts of it to suit their little bubble of dreams

basically yes the article is truth .. christanity stand behind the most death toll in mankind

love it or hate it .. it doesn't matter it's history

Can you say the words... Islam IS the worlds most dangerous religious affiliation of TODAY!? So many of you obsess on history as if changes who holds the title of the most murderous group today.

We live in 2013, not 1427. Muslim terrorists are our problem, Christians were theirs.

Christians are taught that Jesus is going to come back and kill everyone who isn't Christian at the end of the world. How is that different?

Well because it isn't going to happen and nobody is going around yelling Jesus Christ two seconds before they blow up your neighbor. The difference is that TODAY the jihadis act on it and the Christians don't.

• Like 1

Worlds most dangerous affiliation? I'm not concerned with history. I'm concerned with today and the answer is obvious.

The answer is obvious IF one accepts the foundational notion of the Global War On Terror. The answer is obvious IF one accepts all the inaccurate drivel put forth by the mainstream media.

If one keeps in mind that "today" (may we go back 10 years? 20 years?) the only example of a muslim country invading another country is Iraq & Kuwait. If one studies just how that particular invasion occurred, it becomes apparent that Iraq was urged and tricked into invading Kuwait by April Glaspie and her handlers in the Bush 41 administration.

The vast majority of the invading, military aggression and targeted killing done "today", and for the last 10 or 20 years has been done by the US government, considered by most to be a "christian" country's government.

• Like 3

So would you say militant Muslims are just less lazy and decided to do it themselves and not wait for divine intervention.

And while I'm not a Christian, they would probably argue that all of the individuals killed during the Second Coming died because of their own decision to not come recognize Jesus as their savior. So it was their choice.

There are religious extremists in any religion, Christianity, Islam or Muslim.

Not ALL Islams or Muslims are out to kill all Christians. That's like saying all Christians want to kill gays because of a few idiots in the Westboro Baptist Church.

Sure, maybe the Qu'ran tells them, to go out and kill non believers, but hey, doesn't the Bible say, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live"?

Check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_Quran

Just like the Bible, people can take a passage and quote it out of context or take it too literally.

But, this is just my opinion...

The vast majority of the invading, military aggression and targeted killing done "today", and for the last 10 or 20 years has been done by the US government, considered by most to be a "christian" country's government.

That does not equate to christians being the most dangerous of the current times.

Juan Cole brings up some interesting historical data and perspective.

http://tinyurl.com/czkgecj

What say ye?

I don´t even need to open your link. Juan Cole is a total islamist stooge, right in line with Karen Armstrong and John Esposito.

Good grief, why do people listen to these demagogues, instead of informing themselves?

• Like 1

How about this for PC... Islam isn't the world's most dangerous religious affiliation. Islam is the affiliation of the world's most dangerous.

And the affiliation of the largest conglomeration of like minded dangerous and the most centrally controlled and globally connected dangerous. I can't understand why people refuse to admit that. I was watching O'Reilly earlier and he had an official from C.A.I.R on and he refused to admit that and just wanted to say yet again what Islam means to him. All peace and doves of course. CAIR is supposed to be a voice of reason yet he denies such undeniable facts and spins off into the usual drivel. I don't trust CAIR either. They sympathize and likely have their big toe stuck in jihad which of course he tried to sell as a simple struggle. What the hell are they struggling about anymore. They rule their own lands with an iron fist and there's a billion of them. Tired of hearing the oppressed victim card.

For your information, CAIR is a direct offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood. Their version of jihad is deception instead of violent jihad, the goal is the same.

Edited by Zaphod222

Not ALL Islams or Muslims are out to kill all Christians. That's like saying all Christians want to kill gays because of a few idiots in the Westboro Baptist Church.

Sure, maybe the Qu'ran tells them, to go out and kill non believers, but hey, doesn't the Bible say, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live"?

Check out: http://en.wikipedia....sm_of_the_Quran

Just like the Bible, people can take a passage and quote it out of context or take it too literally.

Kowalski when was the last time you read about a witch being killed by a Christian because "God told them to"? I'm not attacking you here, just pointing out that equating all religions gives the evil being done in the name of Islam a free pass. There is a growing movement in the world today that seeks domination of the WORLD by Islamists. I don't fear it for myself but when I see what it would be like for my child, my grandchildren someday, it makes me angry. On the other hand I also believe that people only deserve the amount of freedom they are willing to fight for. The people in parts of Europe will soon understand this much better than Americans. Sharia is insidious and if it is not actively opposed it sort of grows like some foul infection in a society.
  • Like 1

All religion is bad.

See post #40

Check out: http://en.wikipedia....sm_of_the_Quran

But don't you get it? If a Christian does something horrible then they are not really Christian, but if a Muslim does something horrible then they represent all of Islam. At lest thats what I'm getting from some people here.

• Like 1

But don't you get it? If a Christian does something horrible then they are not really Christian, but if a Muslim does something horrible then they represent all of Islam. At lest thats what I'm getting from some people here.

I think it's not about the individuals as much as the dogma some base their actions on. Until 9-11 Americans were blissfully unaware of the issue between Jew and Muslim. We were invited to join the fun because we support Israel (as a nation) and since then have become reasonably aware of the course of this struggle. Americans as a group tend to hate the BEHAVIOR rather than the religion or ethnicity because we are so diverse ourselves. When modern day Christians start blowing up children at road races and leveling building's and the people in them as an expression of God's will then I will agree with you. It all gets back to the books Odin. The Qur'an teaches love and tolerance - but only to other Muslims - no others need apply. And truth to tell, I'm perfectly happy to leave the discussion alone except that it seems to be forced on myself and all other free peoples by the very Muslims who claim they are misunderstood.

A Jew killed 29 Palestinians in the Cave of the Patriarchs and was vilified by the vast majority of Jews in Israel and the wider world. The KKK and Aryan Nation are considered extremist trash by Christians in the US. Those in Palestine who kill civilians are PRAISED as martyrs to the faith. Respectfully, can you see why the words of the Qur'an are the indictment of the religion?

Kowalski when was the last time you read about a witch being killed by a Christian because "God told them to"? I'm not attacking you here, just pointing out that equating all religions gives the evil being done in the name of Islam a free pass. There is a growing movement in the world today that seeks domination of the WORLD by Islamists. I don't fear it for myself but when I see what it would be like for my child, my grandchildren someday, it makes me angry. On the other hand I also believe that people only deserve the amount of freedom they are willing to fight for. The people in parts of Europe will soon understand this much better than Americans. Sharia is insidious and if it is not actively opposed it sort of grows like some foul infection in a society.

That's okay, I don't feel like you are personally attacking me. I understand you point.

I think it's not about the individuals as much as the dogma some base their actions on. Until 9-11 Americans were blissfully unaware of the issue between Jew and Muslim. We were invited to join the fun because we support Israel (as a nation) and since then have become reasonably aware of the course of this struggle. Americans as a group tend to hate the BEHAVIOR rather than the religion or ethnicity because we are so diverse ourselves. When modern day Christians start blowing up children at road races and leveling building's and the people in them as an expression of God's will then I will agree with you. It all gets back to the books Odin. The Qur'an teaches love and tolerance - but only to other Muslims - no others need apply. And truth to tell, I'm perfectly happy to leave the discussion alone except that it seems to be forced on myself and all other free peoples by the very Muslims who claim they are misunderstood.

A Jew killed 29 Palestinians in the Cave of the Patriarchs and was vilified by the vast majority of Jews in Israel and the wider world. The KKK and Aryan Nation are considered extremist trash by Christians in the US. Those in Palestine who kill civilians are PRAISED as martyrs to the faith. Respectfully, can you see why the words of the Qur'an are the indictment of the religion?

I'm just saying anyone can take a few verses out of the Bible or Qu'ran and take it totally out of the context in which it was written. You know those snake handler churches in the Applachian Mountains? They even speak in tongues, too. Well, they take some verses out of the Bible QUITE LITERALLY.

Practitioners believe serpent handling dates to antiquity and quote the Gospel of Mark and the Gospel of Luke to support the practice:

And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. (
)

Behold, I give unto you
to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. (
)

All religion is bad.

No, it's not. Only when taken too far, just like with anything else.

I really like learning about other people's religions and cultures, and admittedly, I've never read the whole Qu'ran, I've only ever heard about the history of Islam and have heard a few of the passages. Honestly, I think the religious extremists of Islam are taking the Qu'ran just TOO literally. Just like some Christians do. Maybe not to the same violent extreme, but check this out: http://news.yahoo.com/2nd-child-pa-couple-dies-only-praying-111713837.html

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A couple serving probation for the 2009 death of their toddler after they turned to prayer instead of a doctor could face new charges now that another son has died.

Herbert and Catherine Schaible belong to a fundamentalist Christian church that believes in faith healing. They lost their 8-month-old son, Brandon, last week after he suffered from diarrhea and breathing problems for at least a week, and stopped eating. Four years ago, another son died from bacterial pneumonia.

Prosecutors said Tuesday that a decision on charges will be made after they get the results of an autopsy.

Catherine Schaible's attorney, Mythri Jayaraman, cautioned against a rush to judgment, and said the couple are good parents deeply distraught over the loss of another child.

"There are way more questions than answers at this point. We haven't seen the autopsy report. We don't know the cause of death of this child," Jayaraman told The Associated Press. "What we do know is Mr. and Mrs. Schaible are distraught, they are grieving, they are tremendously sad about the loss of their most recent baby."

A man who answered the phone at a listing for Herbert Schaible declined to comment and hung up.

A jury convicted the Schaibles of involuntary manslaughter in the January 2009 death of their 2-year-old son, Kent. The boy's symptoms had included coughing, congestion, crankiness and a loss of appetite. His parents said he was eating and drinking until the last day, and they had thought he was getting better.

The Schaibles were sentenced to 10 years' probation.

At a hearing Monday, a judge told the couple they had violated the terms of their probation, noting the Schaibles had told investigators that they prayed to God to make Brandon well instead of seeking medical attention.

"You did that once, and the consequences were tragic," Philadelphia Common Pleas Judge Benjamin Lerner said, according to the Philadelphia Daily News.

Prosecutors on Monday sought to have the couple jailed, but Lerner permitted them to remain free because their seven other children had been placed in foster care.

"He feels they are a danger to their children — not to the community, but to their own children," Assistant District Attorney Joanne Pescatore, who prosecuted the couple in 2010, said Tuesday.

Herbert Schaible, 44, and his 43-year-old wife grew up in the First Century Gospel Church in northeast Philadelphia and have served as teachers there. The church's website has a sermon titled "Healing — From God or Medicine?" that quotes Bible verses purportedly forbidding Christians from visiting doctors or taking medicine.

"It is a definite sin to trust in medical help and pills; and it is real faith to trust on the Name of Jesus for healing," says the message, from last May.

:no:

For your information, CAIR is a direct offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood. Their version of jihad is deception instead of violent jihad, the goal is the same.

Oh I know man. I just don't know it well enough to go off on a tangent about it and have to deal with the bleeding hearts calling me out on every minute detail. You really should see that O'Reilly interview from last night. The guy made me sick with his religion of peace spiel and outright denial of who the worlds largest terrorist groups affiliate with. Remember, lying and deceit and all things necessary to achieve their goal is their way. I'll see if I can't find the clip online.

The answer is obvious IF one accepts the foundational notion of the Global War On Terror. The answer is obvious IF one accepts all the inaccurate drivel put forth by the mainstream media.

If one keeps in mind that "today" (may we go back 10 years? 20 years?) the only example of a muslim country invading another country is Iraq & Kuwait. If one studies just how that particular invasion occurred, it becomes apparent that Iraq was urged and tricked into invading Kuwait by April Glaspie and her handlers in the Bush 41 administration.

Yea but you're talking about governments. Radical Islam is so much different than a singular government.

• Like 1

All religion is bad.

Careful, you are quoting Charley Marx

• Like 3

All religion is bad.

To overlook the innumerable charitiable works that have been done by religions (of all kinds) throughout history & now, and the fact that, until Henry VIII came along and coveted their wealth for himself, the Monasteries were the nearest there was to a social security system and provided the only kind of hospitals there were, and the enormous number of philanthropic works done by religious people (of, again, all kinds), and the Quakers' commitment to peace, and so on, then yes, all religion is bad.

How many have political dogmas killed in the last couple of hundred years compared with religious dogma? By that alone, you could very much argue that all politics is bad.

• Like 6

To overlook the innumerable charitiable works that have been done by religions (of all kinds) throughout history & now, and the fact that, until Henry VIII came along and coveted their wealth for himself, the Monasteries were the nearest there was to a social security system and provided the only kind of hospitals there were, and the enormous number of philanthropic works done by religious people (of, again, all kinds), and the Quakers' commitment to peace, and so on, then yes, all religion is bad.

How many have political dogmas killed in the last couple of hundred years compared with religious dogma? By that alone, you could very much argue that all politics is bad.

You have a very good point. :tu:

Very well said. The churches and people who attend them in the city I live in are a big plus to the community. They are the first to offer help when times are tough. They run the food pantries that some people need. They collect clothes and other needed items. Sure this could be done without religion involved, but it isn't to the extent that churches do. The city I live in (15,000 people) is better off for having the churches. There is no question.

I don't attent any of them, but I know people who belong and I have helped with some functions they have had.

• Like 1