Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Wedding of Jesus

Ben Masada

Most Jews believe in reincarnation (gilgul).

many Jews do believe in reincarnation Gideon, but can you tell us why?

Explain that to the many fellow Jews who don't accept your views.... call them heretics or ignorants, but I make my case simple.... look at your explanation and how many lines it took you to describe your position...If what you said were fact instead of merely your position, then the 13th principle would have not been written like it was, it would demonstrate something of your position, instead it blatantly contradicts it.

Live with it. You say a Jew CANNOT believe in resurrection I say, you are incorrect and half of the worlds Jews prove it, since that is exactly what they believe.

For heaven's sake Jorel, can't you see how desperate you are trying to bend the rules to push "bodily" resurrection into the 13th principle of faith of the Rambam? Gosh! How hard is to fight blind faith!

Most Jews believe in reincarnation (gilgul).

Which according to the Tanach it is also denied. "Wives' tales" are common almost everywhere.

For heaven's sake Jorel, can't you see how desperate you are trying to bend the rules to push "bodily" resurrection into the 13th principle of faith of the Rambam? Gosh! How hard is to fight blind faith!

Ben I'm not trying to push anything... do you want me to quote the Talmud and the many other Jewish sources we have on record regarding their views on resurrection?

Just say the word Ben... You my friend are a revisionist. Anything that doesn't agree with you you scrap and reinterpret... Rambam was much the same... that's why his books were burnt as heresy by many Jews themselves...

[media=]

I'm sure you will say that these men are not real Jews or ignorant Jews, but that will only discredit you.

Edited by Jor-el

Ben I'm not trying to push anything... do you want me to quote the Talmud and the many other Jewish sources we have on record regarding their views on resurrection?

Just say the word Ben... You my friend are a revisionist. Anything that doesn't agree with you you scrap and reinterpret... Rambam was much the same... that's why his books were burnt as heresy by many Jews themselves...

[media=]

I'm sure you will say that these men are not real Jews or ignorant Jews, but that will only discredit you.

No, Jorel, you don't have to quote the Talmud. My answer to any quote will be yes even in literal terms if it does not contradict the Scriptures or no if it does. If it contradicts the Scriptures I'll have no choice but to find a metaphorical interpretation to it. By the way, I saw the tapes and although the Rabbi does not make any direct reference to bodily resurrection I cannot deny that he is talking about it. I am appalled that a Jewish Rabbi is unable to apply metaphorical interpretation when the issue calls for it. And the other tape on the bottom is too Christian to my taste. As you can see, Jews are allowed to think differently from each other and still remain at home as long as they don't officially adopt a different faith opposite to Judaism. They are Jews but too gullible all the same. The only thing I have to say about them is that "My People perish for lack of knowledge." (Hos.4:6)

Edited by Ben Masada

No, Jorel, you don't have to quote the Talmud. My answer to any quote will be yes even in literal terms if it does not contradict the Scriptures or no if it does. If it contradicts the Scriptures I'll have no choice but to find a metaphorical interpretation to it. By the way, I saw the tapes and although the Rabbi does not make any direct reference to bodily resurrection I cannot deny that he is talking about it. I am appalled that a Jewish Rabbi is unable to apply metaphorical interpretation when the issue calls for it. And the other tape on the bottom is too Christian to my taste. As you can see, Jews are allowed to think differently from each other and still remain at home as long as they don't officially adopt a different faith opposite to Judaism. They are Jews but too gullible all the same. The only thing I have to say about them is that "My People perish for lack of knowledge." (Hos.4:6)

Hi Ben,

Just wanted to thank you for admitting that other Jews do not have to think like you do.

Just a note, that the video you claim to be "too christian" is actually of a Hasidic Jewish Rabbi, called Rabbi Aaron Moss, he belongs to the Chabad-Lubavitch movement in Australia.

The 1st video is of Rabbi Jonathan Hillel Ginsburg better known as the "Youtube Rabbi" for his many videos and he is belongs to the Conservative Movement.

I don't think either one of them is in danger of adopting anything other than Judaism.

Hi Ben,

Just wanted to thank you for admitting that other Jews do not have to think like you do.

Just a note, that the video you claim to be "too christian" is actually of a Hasidic Jewish Rabbi, called Rabbi Aaron Moss, he belongs to the Chabad-Lubavitch movement in Australia.

The 1st video is of Rabbi Jonathan Hillel Ginsburg better known as the "Youtube Rabbi" for his many videos and he is belongs to the Conservative Movement.

I don't think either one of them is in danger of adopting anything other than Judaism.

See what I mean? And you present two point to justify Hosea 4:6 that, "My people perish for lack of knowledge." The first point is the testimony of the Conservative Rabbi. I had a debate with a Conservative Rabbi about "Angels" which he believed in them like Christians do. And he had to stop the debate when I proved to him from the dream of Jacob about the ladder from the earth to the skies that angels are simply emanations and not real beings. And the second point is about the Hasidic Jew whom I charged with being too Christian from the Chabad Movement who decided to nominate a dead man as the Messiah as the Christians did with Jesus.

See what I mean? And you present two point to justify Hosea 4:6 that, "My people perish for lack of knowledge." The first point is the testimony of the Conservative Rabbi. I had a debate with a Conservative Rabbi about "Angels" which he believed in them like Christians do. And he had to stop the debate when I proved to him from the dream of Jacob about the ladder from the earth to the skies that angels are simply emanations and not real beings. And the second point is about the Hasidic Jew whom I charged with being too Christian from the Chabad Movement who decided to nominate a dead man as the Messiah as the Christians did with Jesus.

Well Ben, I side with both those Rabbis, because to me you are the one who is not interpreting the bible correctly, they are more correct then you regarding a multitdude of different theological positions, the resurrection is only one of them.

Therefore I do not accept you speaking for other Jews, many of whom know a heck of alot more than you. You can certainly speak for yourself, you can give your opinion and your position, but from where I stand, you don't speak for Judaism, as a matter of fact you are part of a minority, an extremely small one at that.

Edited by Jor-el

Well Ben, I side with both those Rabbis, because to me you are the one who is not interpreting the bible correctly, they are more correct then you regarding a multitdude of different theological positions, the resurrection is only one of them.

Therefore I do not accept you speaking for other Jews, many of whom know a heck of alot more than you. You can certainly speak for yourself, you can give your opinion and your position, but from where I stand, you don't speak for Judaism, as a matter of fact you are part of a minority, an extremely small one at that.

It is "sexy" to be different.