Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hornsleth Deep Storage Project

Dark_Grey

Just learned about this project earlier today. An independent company, with a large global support, are creating several metal sculptures they are going to fill with human blood and hair samples as well as samples from many different animals.

Essentially, DNA.

The twist? They are dropping these sculptures into Mariana's Trench (11,000m below sea level,) at the end of this year. The idea behind the project is to leave a legacy in the event of a global extinction. Someday, maybe thousands of years down the road, those metal sculptures can be used to bring humans and endangered species back to life.

http://www.deepstorageproject.com/Deep-Storage/WELCOME

You are also invited to submit a sample of your blood and hair for the project, upon which you will receive a certificate for you participation. Pretty cool stuff!

• Like 1

While I wouldn't really want to inflict another "me" on the world, I still think it's a great idea.

With all the apocalyptic scenarios swirling around overhead, it's logical for someone to take the initiative to preserve parts of the natural world

Any wise creature wouldn't want to bring us back. :whistle:

well if we are extinct, and another "intelligent" creature evolve on earth would take ages & not know the damage we caused, and hence they bring us back,

"Humans Ultimate Destroyers"

i like that Quote

Wouldnt it be Smarter to Build a "Temple like" structur on the Moon with our History & Legacy with one of those in it? would be Cool

the creatures History would be Full of Wars and Stuff like ours for natural resources, so on the Moon would not sound that bad, only Advanced Enough they Bring us Back :D

Edited by Zerocoder

Any wise creature wouldn't want to bring us back

on the contrary, what other species has been as great/amazing as us?

Wouldnt it be Smarter to Build a "Temple like" structur on the Moon with our History & Legacy with one of those in it? would be Cool

Didn't we send out a probe into space years ago with a golden disc containing a bunch of Earth culture, info about some of our animals, etc? The sole purpose was for an alien species to come across it and learn about our planet.

on the contrary, what other species has been as great/amazing as us?

Or as deadly to all the other species?

Didn't we send out a probe into space years ago with a golden disc containing a bunch of Earth culture, info about some of our animals, etc? The sole purpose was for an alien species to come across it and learn about our planet.

maybe that was not a such great idea -.-

maybe that was not a such great idea -.-

Funny, I was thinking the same thing as I wrote that! :gun:

not exaclly what i ment, i mean if other life would develop and become as smart as Us & can travel to the moon for first time, they would kinda notice a big Temple -.-

instead of doing it on earth, they will think its their early ancesstors built it untill they Open it

Has anyone checked for metal sculptures of dinosaurs?