Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Cult in Chile Burns Infant Alive

Lava_Lady

Did this cult have a name? Who did the leader profess himself to be? Just curious about the nature of their particular delusion. This is really sickening and disgusting, I hope they find them and lock them in a dark dank space for a long, long time.

• Like 3

It's awful what can come from group delusion. :(

These people were professionals, " Everyone in this sect was a professional,' Ampuero said. 'We have someone who was a veterinarian and who worked as a flight attendant, we have a filmmaker, a draftsman. Everyone has a university degree"

Did this cult have a name? Who did the leader profess himself to be? Just curious about the nature of their particular delusion. This is really sickening and disgusting, I hope they find them and lock them in a dark dank space for a long, long time.

There it's no name for the cult, the author just refers to them as 'the sect.' But not sure of what religion.

" Authorities said the 12-member sect was formed in 2005 and was led by Ramon Gustavo Castillo Gaete, 36, who remains at-large..."

Ramon Convinced his followers that the baby was the antichrist. She was 3 days old and the mother handed her child over willingly.

I can't even begin to imagine complying with something like that.

Edited by Lava_Lady
  • Like 2

Nothing new under the sun. Google MOLECH

So sad and disgusting.

• Like 2

Wow, I am so saddened and sickened by this. "An eye for an eye"...

• Like 2

Ramón Gustavo Castillo Gaete, who refers to himself as “Antares from the Light,” is on the run from police after four members of his group were arrested by Chilean authorities for the ritualistic murder of an infant girl.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/26/police-seek-fugitive-cult-leader-after-his-group-burns-an-infant-alive-as-the-antichrist/

What a bunch of horrible scum for doing this. They threw this poor baby on a bonfire. People can be so nuts. Hope they get the worst possible punishment the Chilean government can dish out.

• Like 2

Already a thread but will leave to the mods. :blush:

UGHHH! What is WRONG with people?!

:no:

• Like 3

They thought they were burning the antichrist.... wonder where they got that idea.

• Like 1

I have a difficult time really believing the mother of the baby was ok with this. I mean, how can one sit by as a mother and watch as their baby is tortured like that?

How could anyone suspend their morals in the name of some stupid religion and let their child be murdered.

Sorry but I feel like puking...

• Like 6

Someone made a post about this but I will just reiterate what I said on that one..I cannot imagine a mother being totally ok with handing over a tiny little bundle and watching calmly as the poor thing burns to death.

How anyone with even a shred of conscience would do this to any living being.....religion plays a big part but if people are so cowardly that they refuse to even say 'No' then our race is hosed.

• Like 1

Religious nut's strike again !! People do some horrible things in the name of their god ! I agree completelt with the above " Punishment sjould fit the crime. :tu:

• Like 1

Already a thread but will leave to the mods. :blush:

*Threads Merged*

• Like 1

Some things are too horrible to contemplate. This is one of them.

• Like 3

I don't see how someone could just hand over their infant to them to sacrifice. Someone as educated as these people you would think would be more rational. I hope they catch that man soon.

• Like 3

I don't see how someone could just hand over their infant to them to sacrifice. Someone as educated as these people you would think would be more rational. I hope they catch that man soon.

Thats the worrying thing about this, they are not uneducated people.

Goes to show that education does not mean instant sanity.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Thats the worrying thing about this, they are not uneducated people.

Goes to show that education does not mean instant sanity.

I think it more demonstrates that blind belief can override rational thinking in an individual.

• Like 4

I think it more demonstrates that blind belief can override rational thinking in an individual.

I get what you say and agree, but they were not individuals as such, but part of a brainwashing cult and were all acting as one..so to speak.

• Like 1

I don`t think the majority of humans will ever even begin to understand what that mother was thinking when she hjanded her 3 day old daughter to that vile baby killer. She certainl isn`t the first mother to committ such a heinous act. But I hope her daughters cries haunt her da`/ and night for the rest of her life.

• Like 2

I'm the same way, I hope she, all of them, hear that babies cries every night from now on. No she isn't the first to do something like this its just her letting them tape that poor little babies mouth shut so they couldn't hear it scream then throw it on a fire like a bag of garbage just tears me up.

I'm not a violent person but so help me if I had been there and had a machine gun there would of been a bunch of bodies laying around.

Unfortunately 'educated' does not mean much. One can have a wall full of degrees and have the worlds capitals memorized but can still be vile enough to torture animals or abuse children and adults.

I do hope that one day IF this stupid woman wakes up from her self inflicted hypnosis that she realizes with the utmost horror just what she has done. IF and WHEN she does, she will have to live with that horror for the rest of her life.

Actually her being brain-dead should not be an excuse for allowing someone to burn her baby or anyones baby all for some stupid ritual. Where is that parenting instinct. I am not even a parent but if I had a baby in my arms, there will be hell to pay if anyone tries to hurt it.

People who allow themselves to be so immersed in their religion that common sense and parental responsibility has been eradicated should NEVER again be allowed to have children. The chances of this sort of thing happening again is just to great regardless of how much 'therapy' they go through. Their minds were already so weak that they abdicated responsibility to some jerk-face moron.

I..I just cannot even afford to visualize such a horror and not one person rushed in to save the child..no one.

But then again if these people would do this to animals (and I am sure they did) then they would have no qualms doing this to a human. Sick and tragic.

I don't wish violence on the woman but like I said I hope she wakes up and realizes she just murdered her precious baby.

This is what is wrong with religions and cults, they prey on the weak-minded and weak-willed. They use veiled threats and scare tactics to make them do unspeakable things.

There are just not enough words to adequately express my disgust when things like this happen so I just end up sounding redundant...ugh!

• Like 4

Dang. That's just horrible.

I wonder if he just "pretends" to burn them alive through some easy magic, and sells the baby(s) on the black market.

this is an awful story, but it was not that long ago really when a similar thing was happening here throughout Europe because parents thought their childs body had been taken over by fairies = changelings.

Here is another mother who had been brainwashed:

Pastor, wife accused of killing 'possessed' children

A pastor and his wife are in custody accused of killing three of their children by starving them to ward off evil spirits, police in South Korea said Wednesday.

The couple told police the children - aged nine, seven and three - had been ill, which they believed was a sign they were invaded by evil spirits after eating too much on Lunar New Year.

They then cut the children's hair to chase the spirits out and starved them from January 24 until February 2, only allowing them to drink water. Local media reports said the parents had beaten the children with a belt and a fly swatter numerous times.

The pastor, named only by his surname Park, and his wife, Cho, told police they tied the children's arms and legs with stockings. All three died on February 2, the first around 2am, the second at 5am and the third at 7am, according to police in the town of Boseong, more than 186 miles (300 kilometers) south of Seoul.