Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rebel-Killer May Finally Face Justice

questionmark

Like a character out of the film "Apocalypse Now," Colonel Sebastião de Moura allegedly hunted, tortured and killed rebels without remorse during Brazil's military dictatorship. Now, almost 40 years later, he is likely to face charges.

The Curió is at home where the Amazon rainforest begins to thin out and becomes slightly less impenetrable. It has a black back, its feathers are the color of hazelnuts and its call varies from light and bell-like to somber and plaintive. Rainforest residents like to catch the bird because, in captivity, the Curió reacts aggressively when confronted with one of its own kind in a cage. The bird is known for fighting until it drops, which makes it the perfect candidate for betting operations. Its name means "friend of mankind" in the local language. It's certainly an odd bird.

Read more

Nice to see that not all can hide.

• Like 1

Glad i read the link, the bird bit confused me!

• Like 1

Glad i read the link, the bird bit confused me!

German journalism, they all think they are novelists... but they sure go into every detail of the story (if you exclude the Bild Zeitung or the Express).

• Like 2