Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Arkansas Oil Spill and Media Coverage

jugoso

Just wondering if anyone can help me find some of the latest news as to what the situation is with the oil spill in Mayflower. I realize the Boston bombing occured and has received most of the media attention. However, I am puzzled by the fact that I am unable to find anything about the current situation. Why is more information not being made public? Seems like major media has forgotten all about it. I could be wrong. Is there anyone that can provide some links with recent information. Thanks in advance

aum the arkansas game an fish jumped in on this a few days later and toeather with the aspa and another gov org plus several local construstion companys and lots of public labor the area in mayflower was cleaned up and nature was restored back to the best they could get it there wasnt much in the media about it only 1 or 2 realy articals and the nightly news broadcast

one thing we arky's are good about is clean up

• Like 1

Just wondering if anyone can help me find some of the latest news as to what the situation is with the oil spill in Mayflower. I realize the Boston bombing occured and has received most of the media attention. However, I am puzzled by the fact that I am unable to find anything about the current situation. Why is more information not being made public? Seems like major media has forgotten all about it. I could be wrong. Is there anyone that can provide some links with recent information. Thanks in advance

Dont know if this is any good/ what You are looking for

http://www.treehugger.com/energy-disasters/update-mayflower-oil-spill-chemist-says-spill-making-arkansans-sick.html

Dont forget, these Oil companies have really deep pocket's :whistle:

• Like 1

aum the arkansas game an fish jumped in on this a few days later and toeather with the aspa and another gov org plus several local construstion companys and lots of public labor the area in mayflower was cleaned up and nature was restored back to the best they could get it there wasnt much in the media about it only 1 or 2 realy articals and the nightly news broadcast

Info from the State in question is always helpful +1

Hopefully it was only a surface spill.

Edited by AsteroidX

So you are telling me that state and local officials and businesses have finished the clean-up of 85,000 gallons of dilbit in less than a month and everything now is returning to normal? I am having a hard time getting any major media reports on the situation. The link provided by JOAT from alternative press paints a different picture.

whether oil from Exxon Mobil's Pegasus pipeline oil spill has reached Lake Conway. Independent tests have found contaminents associated with tar sands oil in the lake, while Exxon is sticking to their claim that the lake is oil-free. Now THV11 reports that chemist Wilma Subra has found the cancer-causing chemical Benzene in the air and water around Lake Conway.

an you provide any recent links? Thanks in advance.

I am not defending the oil companies. They are idiots, but let me tell you. I have been living back in Mississippi gulf coast for 2 years now. It sucks.I will be back in TX next year. I run two businesses right now, so I meet many business owners. Guess what? All these owners are lining up to get money from BP for damage to their business that never happened. Including the owner of what I run. Human greed doesnt need to be from a large corporation. Its freaking everywhere. Booya.

Edited by The Skeptic Eric Raven

Good to hear your on your way back to Texas Eric ! As for the Oil and greed ,Thats a no Brainer ! Big -Oil has no respect for any one,any life,anything ! Only the bottom Line.

You can bring some of that Oil back to Texas I know a Address we can drop it off at ! ITs in Austin Texas. :tu:

• Like 1

lol belive it or not there are still sum of us in the united states when some bs like the oil spill which was way estamated over more then it was by the media who sat on the gaurd rail at the eadge of the road and didnt venture off down the ditch and in to the creek and marsh sum of us dont just stand around with our thumbs stuck up our asses wondering what to do or haveing to be told what we can and cant do we just simple do what needs to be done and move on yes there was a oil spill yes it did endanger sum native frogs a few birds and other vers of wild life in the area

and yes there will more then likely be sum evadence of this to be found maybe several years from now in the natural eco system .... arkansas is basicly a state park state wide we do take pride in our state even if the rest of the world thinks we'r ass backwords and or a bunch of hicks

as far as the spill reaching the lake in question there might be im asoomeing a core of engeneers report on tis some place and a epa report as well as far as the links go check out ark/gov/natural state or you can always do a drive by i would sugust wearing hip waders and a "walking stick" that way you can walk through the marsh and if you happen to cross a cotton mouth or a reg ol black snake maybe a possim or some other critter you can shoo it out of the way...(not likely to do any shooing) but in a perfect world maybe

have i been to the area in question..yes i have know the area quite well as a matter of fact for another reason the area of conway and mayflower and about roughly 60 miles east is one of our reaqureing earthquake zones and has been in question now several years due to a natural gas well in the area as you can probley guess i'm in to the earthquakes

• Like 1

I just Google "mayflower oil spill" and got thousands of hits - most very current.