Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

women's health

danielost

I am a bit upset after hearing part of obamas speach at planned parenthood.

On here and on the new you hear how bad it is that some arab parents are bad parents when they make an eleven year old girl marry some old fart.

But, stand up against the murder of a baby in the usa and you want to send the mothers back to the stone age.

Which is worse marring some old fart or vbeing murdere. I think being murderes just because your an inconvence is much worse.

A large part of the debate is at what point should we say that a cell is alive? When does the cell become complex enough to call it human.

Not according to planned parenthood. An infant born alive dispite a botched abortion is not a living person.

• Like 1

In my opinion danielost your "arab" parents forcing their 11 year old daughter to marry an old "fart" and the person who would attempt to tell me that I do not have control over my body and reproductive health are both equally despicable.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
  • Like 4

But, stand up against the murder of a baby in the usa and you want to send the mothers back to the stone age.

Possibly because a larger majority feel that it is not murder and is a woman's decision between her, her significant other and her doctor.

Besides, aren't you a conservative? not wanting "government" to make decisions for us?

• Like 1

If it isn't a case of medical emergency, rape or incest then it's a case of being irresponsible and not wanting to deal with it. In my world you have to deal with your mistakes no matter how inconvenient and in the case of babies there are plenty of ways to let the child live and keep it out of your life. Put it up for adoption or ditch it to a family member. It might not have a great life or maybe it will. Either way it will have a life like the rest of us were given.

• Like 3

To the pro choice people... If you were to suddenly find out that you were an abortion survivor would you be upset that your mother tried to kill you?

• Like 2

In my opinion danielost your "arab" parents forcing their 11 year old daughter to marry an old "fart" and the person who would attempt to tell me that I do not have control over my body and reproductive health are both equally despicable.

If you don't want a baby use a condum. They not only protect from babies but also deseases. Nothing else does both except of course not having sex.

As I said, just an inconvence.

Edited by danielost

Hmm, I'm kind of torn on when abortions should be cut off. My current stance is abortions should be banned once the fetuses have reached the stage where they could survive outside the womb without intense medical intervention. Otherwise they're a part of the woman she should have the choice to remove if she wants.

• Like 1

If you don't want a baby use a condum.

I agree.

However what I don't agree with is anyone presuming to make decisions regarding my body and my reproductive health. Period.

• Like 4

If it isn't a case of medical emergency, rape or incest then it's a case of being irresponsible and not wanting to deal with it. In my world you have to deal with your mistakes no matter how inconvenient and in the case of babies there are plenty of ways to let the child live and keep it out of your life. Put it up for adoption or ditch it to a family member. It might not have a great life or maybe it will. Either way it will have a life like the rest of us were given.

I agree with you, even though I believe a woman has the right to choose, I still believe that abortions shouldn't happen unless it's an emergency. There are people who shouldn't willing have sex because those same people don't seem to get that sex comes with a chance of pregnancy and std's. When you sleep with someone you need to be ready for any consequences that may arise and take responsible for them or not have sex at all. Condoms and birth control both exist for a reason. I know they are not 100% and things do happen but at least you can say that you took steps to protect yourself.

• Like 4

Hmm, I'm kind of torn on when abortions should be cut off. My current stance is abortions should be banned once the fetuses have reached the stage where they could survive outside the womb without intense medical intervention. Otherwise they're a part of the woman she should have the choice to remove if she wants.

This is not exactly true. A baby is made up of both mom and dad and is thus a seperate being from conception.

What has me upset tonight, is planned parenthood defeng an orbortin doctor,in pen. When this doctor failed to abort the childs life he cut their spinal cord. Then the so called pres. is going to defend them.

I think it comes down to woman's right to make her own decisions about her body. Would you want the government to decide whether or not you have a vasectomy. If you don't believe in having an abortion then don't have one. Women have a right to safe effective medical care. Planned Parenthood does women's health care. They provide birth control and checkups for many women who could not afford it. Abortion is a woman health care issue and that is between her and her doctor.

• Like 2

I think it comes down to woman's right to make her own decisions about her body. Would you want the government to decide whether or not you have a vasectomy. If you don't believe in having an abortion then don't have one. Women have a right to safe effective medical care. Planned Parenthood does women's health care. They provide birth control and checkups for many women who could not afford it. Abortion is a woman health care issue and that is between her and her doctor.

The rules change once you have another living human being inside of you.

The rules change once you have another living human being inside of you.

Were do you draw the line with the rules. Do you put a women in jail for drinking or smoking while pregnant. Is she to be treated as a criminal because she is pregnant or worst is she to have to carry a dieing baby and risk her life while the state decides whether are not she can terminate the pregnancy. I remember when abortion was Illegal, women died because they couldn't get the medical treatment they needed.

What right do I have to tell a women what she can or not do with her body. If women are ever to have dominion over their bodies we have to stop treating them like broodmares and say they have the right to make their own choice. This is not a religious issue, it is about civil and health rights.

• Like 1

The muslims use their children as weapons.

We murder ours.

What's the differnce???

• Like 1

Were do you draw the line with the rules. Do you put a women in jail for drinking or smoking while pregnant. Is she to be treated as a criminal because she is pregnant or worst is she to have to carry a dieing baby and risk her life while the state decides whether are not she can terminate the pregnancy. I remember when abortion was Illegal, women died because they couldn't get the medical treatment they needed.

What right do I have to tell a women what she can or not do with her body. If women are ever to have dominion over their bodies we have to stop treating them like broodmares and say they have the right to make their own choice. This is not a religious issue, it is about civil and health rights.

You will note that this is in the politics and not religaen, nor have implied anything about religeon.

• Like 1

I have found most anti abortion beliefs are founded on religion. Kind of like slavery.

I have found most anti abortion beliefs are founded on religion. Kind of like slavery.

The bibles idea of slavery, we called indentered servants.

• Like 1

Women of the world: do what you want with your bodies and your 'health care'

But once a single penny of taxpayer money is used to fund your murder err I mean 'health care', then yeah, I do have a say about it.

• Like 2

Women of the world: do what you want with your bodies and your 'health care'

But once a single penny of taxpayer money is used to fund your murder err I mean 'health care', then yeah, I do have a say about it.

Fatties of the world: Do what you want with your bodies. Stuff your face with burger and cakes. But once a single penny of taxpayer money is used to fund healthcare to put right the abuse you've done to your body........well, I'll have a thing or two to say about that.

Thin end of a very bad wedge.

If Right to Lifers fought as hard to ensure that childhood hunger and homelessness were at record lows or almost non-existe­nt...if they railed against the differences in education as it pertained to socio-economics’...i­f they stood on the front lines decrying the obscenity of children who go without even basic medical care...I might...ju­st might...be­lieve they truly cared.

As it stands, they do what so many of them do...they pick the side of a cause that requires the least involvement­ and the least work. The side that exonerates them from the responsibi­lity of being involved past the initial single minded goal.

Edited by Odin11
  • Like 2

Men of the world, wrap your winkies in latex....

• Like 2

I agree, but would put the mark at the end of the first trimester. Granted the fetus is not viable outside of the womb, but I'm of the opinion that a fetus at that age is alive. Three months also gives the mother or couple plenty of time to know that the pregnancy has occurred and a decision to be made.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 1