Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

women's health

danielost

Women of the world: do what you want with your bodies and your 'health care'

But once a single penny of taxpayer money is used to fund your murder err I mean 'health care', then yeah, I do have a say about it.

I wouldn't mind my tax dollars going to places that help provide women with healthcare and birth control options, so they don't have to have an abortion. If you want to have an abortion (Which, as a mother, just boggles my mind how a woman can callously kill an innocent little baby) have your insurance company pay for it, or let it come out of your own pocket. Not my problem.

I know that sounds a little callous, but forgive me for not giving a d**** when many of my family members can't even go to the doctor for a check up.

How does having the choice to murder a baby, have ANYTHING to do with Feminism?

God or Nature (whatever you believe) gave us an INCREDIBLE gift. The gift of being able to produce LIFE. Did you know, in 'ye olde times, childbirth was considered an almost sacred act? Really, it was. Now, not saying a don't like the modern way we give birth now, (DRUGS!! YAY!) and giving birth in 16th Century England is my absolute worst nightmare. But it is strange how something once considered so sacred, is now viewed.

I think most feminists suffer from what I call "penis envy". ( *cough* Gloria Steinem *cough*)

Being a feminist means we need to embrace the role of housewife and being a mother. It's not all we are, no, many of us run small businesses from our homes, or blogs about being a stay at home mom, but we need to EMBRACE this. It is part of who we are. And a housewife should get the SAME respect a business woman (with no children) gets. Or a working man.

That's FEMINISM.

There are certain situations where I can understand a woman having an abortion: rape, incest, medical emergency or certain medical conditions...These situations are understandable. But when women are just having abortions as a means of birth control, well...that's not right. And please don't ask me to pay for it, either.

• Like 3

If Right to Lifers fought as hard to ensure that childhood hunger and homelessness were at record lows or almost non-existe­nt...if they railed against the differences in education as it pertained to socio-economics’...i­f they stood on the front lines decrying the obscenity of children who go without even basic medical care...I might...ju­st might...be­lieve they truly cared.

As it stands, they do what so many of them do...they pick the side of a cause that requires the least involvement­ and the least work. The side that exonerates them from the responsibi­lity of being involved past the initial single minded goal.

Maybe if the prochoicers put as much effort into teaching self responsibility and less time teaching about gov dependence there would be less homeless and hungry children. There is irony in advocating the extermination of babies do to their inconvenience, because that's exactly what it is if it isn't about rape, incest or medical emergency, while at the same time telling other people what they need to do for the children.

• Like 1

Irony is that women do not get pregnant alone. If men took equal responsibility when having sex, wore a condom each and every time then think how few unexpected pregnancies there would be? Think of how few STD's would be passed unsuspecting partners.

Irony is that often men do not take responsibility for their offspring

Irony is that like Odin11 already stated, there are so many children who go without enough food and basic medical care.

Irony is that so many parents do not teach their children how to protect themselves not only from unwanted pregnancy but also from STD's

If Right to Lifers fought as hard to ensure that childhood hunger and homelessness were at record lows or almost non-existe­nt...if they railed against the differences in education as it pertained to socio-economics’...i­f they stood on the front lines decrying the obscenity of children who go without even basic medical care...I might...ju­st might...be­lieve they truly cared.

As it stands, they do what so many of them do...they pick the side of a cause that requires the least involvement­ and the least work. The side that exonerates them from the responsibi­lity of being involved past the initial single minded goal.

Most of the world hunger is due to government or the world bank. The governments use hunger to control their citizens or they get money from the world money fund. The rules for getting this money, is they can use it for anything they want except infrastucture improvement. This is a liberal controled group.

As fo hunger in the usa that is on the parents. There are food banks, food stamps or moving to san fran.

• Like 1

Irony is that women do not get pregnant alone. If men took equal responsibility when having sex, wore a condom each and every time then think how few unexpected pregnancies there would be? Think of how few STD's would be passed unsuspecting partners.

Irony is that like Odin11 already stated, there are so many children who go without enough food and basic medical care.

Irony is that so many parents do not teach their children how to protect themselves not only from unwanted pregnancy but also from STD's

Sorry this is on the woman to make sure the man does wear one.

• Like 1

X

Maybe if the prochoicers put as much effort into teaching self responsibility and less time teaching about gov dependence there would be less homeless and hungry children. There is irony in advocating the extermination of babies do to their inconvenience, because that's exactly what it is if it isn't about rape, incest or medical emergency, while at the same time telling other people what th

ey need to do for the children.

Or how r what to teach them.

This comment does not surprise me.

• Like 2

I have found most anti abortion beliefs are founded on religion. Kind of like slavery.

I'm anti abortion, but pro choice...no religion of any kind. I do think abortions should be illegal after the fetus is viable, unless one or both of them have little chance to survive.

• Like 1

None of that is irony. All of it is examples of irresponsibility. And yes, it takes two but if the woman lets the man in without a condom it is equal fault and ultimately her decision.

I'm not saying I'm immune to any acts of irresponsibility myself but I'll deal with my mistakes no matter how inconvenient and all things social and economical would be better off if everyone did the same.

• Like 3

Where are all the fathers of those unwanted children? Why are THEY never the ones to speak up? My guess is once they found out they headed for the nearest exit and claiming the problem is the woman's or that the child is not theirs.....etc.

Where are all the fathers of those unwanted children? Why are THEY never the ones to speak up? My guess is once they found out they headed for the nearest exit and claiming the problem is the woman's or that the child is not theirs.....etc.

I doubt you're going to find any of them speaking up here. Why would you expect deadbeat dads speak up on this issue? It's obvious they already don't care. But that goes hand in hand with teaching self responsibility.

Just because a guy runs away doesn't mean the woman should give up on the kid. I know at least two women who have raised and are still raising 3 kids each all on their own whose dads didn't stick around. They aren't financially well off by any means. They dealt with their circumstances and went to work to support the kids.

• Like 1

Well here is where some folks get put off by my political and philosophical views as a Libertarian (not to be confused with Constitutionalists on morality issues).

I believe the "choice" is between a woman, her husband/the father, her family, her doctor and whatever God she may or may not pray to.

I do not believe this is or ever should be a topic of "majority rules"...it should not be up for community debate, input or opinion.

Everyone has the right to do what they feel is right for them personally.

Let me clarify though...I do not think abortion should be retroactive birth control...but that IS MY OPINION and I do not force that on anyone else. I think the option should be there for many obvious reasons though. The bottom line is...if it is not your wife/partner...your child or your family member...it is none of your d@mned business...period. If it is "morally wrong"...then the person will have to explain themselves to whatever God they meet in the great hereafter. Not your concern.

I pretty much feel this way about all of the disputed social issues...I believe in freedom and personal responsibility. A person should be free to make the choices they want in their life...and they should be free to reap the rewards or suffer the consequences of those decisions. Very clear and not complicated to me. When a group or a majority thinks they are entitled to control or dictate terms to the minority...we are no longer a "free" people...the "mob rules" is not freedom...it is not a Republic...and it is nothing I would ever support or want to be a part of.

Just my opinion...

• Like 2

Well here is where some folks get put off by my political and philosophical views as a Libertarian (not to be confused with Constitutionalists on morality issues).

I believe the "choice" is between a woman, her husband/the father, her family, her doctor and whatever God she may or may not pray to.

I do not believe this is or ever should be a topic of "majority rules"...it should not be up for community debate, input or opinion.

Everyone has the right to do what they feel is right for them personally.

Let me clarify though...I do not think abortion should be retroactive birth control...but that IS MY OPINION and I do not force that on anyone else. I think the option should be there for many obvious reasons though. The bottom line is...if it is not your wife/partner...your child or your family member...it is none of your d@mned business...period. If it is "morally wrong"...then the person will have to explain themselves to whatever God they meet in the great hereafter. Not your concern.

I pretty much feel this way about all of the disputed social issues...I believe in freedom and personal responsibility. A person should be free to make the choices they want in their life...and they should be free to reap the rewards or suffer the consequences of those decisions. Very clear and not complicated to me. When a group or a majority thinks they are entitled to control or dictate terms to the minority...we are no longer a "free" people...the "mob rules" is not freedom...it is not a Republic...and it is nothing I would ever support or want to be a part of.

Just my opinion...

I agree. To a point.

If some women want to have multiple abortions, that's fine. As a woman and a mother, I find it abhorrent and wrong, but that's my opinion. Just pay for it out of your OWN pocket, not the TAXPAYERS.

• Like 3

None of that is irony. All of it is examples of irresponsibility. And yes, it takes two but if the woman lets the man in without a condom it is equal fault and ultimately her decision.

I'm not saying I'm immune to any acts of irresponsibility myself but I'll deal with my mistakes no matter how inconvenient and all things social and economical would be better off if everyone did the same.

So you are still placing the blame on the woman. The guys aren't responsible at all.

The vast majority of men will spread their seed, without a second thought, because they can't be held financially responsible because they have nothing. Surely, you aren't excusing them.

• Like 1

This comment does not surprise me.

Any more than yours did. Everyone blames someone else for not doing what they should do. But the man isn't going have sex if you don't allow him to. Except for rape which is not one of those inconvenent reasons.

• Like 1

Thanks to the break up of the famly.

So you are still placing the blame on the woman. The guys aren't responsible at all.

The vast majority of men will spread their seed, without a second thought, because they can't be held financially responsible because they have nothing. Surely, you aren't excusing them.

No, all I'm saying is it takes two and if it isn't rape then apparently the woman gave consent. I surely don't excuse deadbeats, you should know that.

• Like 2

I agree. To a point.

If some women want to have multiple abortions, that's fine. As a woman and a mother, I find it abhorrent and wrong, but that's my opinion. Just pay for it out of your OWN pocket, not the TAXPAYERS.

I can agree with that...also...to a point.

As I said...personal freedom and responsibility...that would also mean being responsible to pay for it...

There are exceptions to that in life threatening situations or cases of rape (should poor rape victims not be allowed and thus be forced to give birth to the product of hate and violence?)

• Like 1

A fourteen year old in penn. has to get her mom's permission to get her nails done. But, can go to an abortion clinic and have major surgery with out mom being told.

I can agree with that...also...to a point.

As I said...personal freedom and responsibility...that would also mean being responsible to pay for it...

There are exceptions to that in life threatening situations or cases of rape (should poor rape victims not be allowed and thus be forced to give birth to the product of hate and violence?)

I agree.

Check this out:

http://m.cnsnews.com/news/article/planned-parenthood-s-annual-report-got-4874m-tax-money-did-329445-abortions

According to its latest annual report, the Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) received $487.4 million in tax dollars over a twelve-month period and performed 329,455 abortions.

In addition, the number of adoption referrals made by the organization continued to decline.

The latest annual report covers the period from July 1, 2009 to June 30, 2010, the PPFA’s fiscal year. The report states that the organization received “government health services grants and reimbursements” totaling $487.4 million.

Previous Planned Parenthood annual reports showed total funding from “government grants and contracts” (which were $363.2 million in 2009), while this year’s report also accounts for payments from Medicaid managed care plans among the payments the group receives from government .

http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/25/republicans-call-for-report-on-how-planned-parenthood-other-abortion-providers-spend-taxpayer-dollars/

“America’s largest abortion provider and a major recipient of taxpayer funds, Planned Parenthood, showed in its most recent annual report that they are providing fewer health services, while abortions and federal funding are going up,” Black said in a statement.

“Planned Parenthood performed a record 333,964 abortions last year, almost 1 million in the past three years. Last year, federal taxpayers gave Planned Parenthood a record $542 million, which is an 11 percent increase over the past two years,” Vitter further noted in a statement.

“An independent study of the federal funding for abortion providers is necessary to further expose the truth of how these precious taxpayer dollars are truly being used,” Black added.

Olson stressed the need to ensure that taxpayer dollars are not going to fund abortion services.

I'm not sure I agree.

Here in Oz we were taught in High School that the woman's "job" when she's having sex is to make sure she doesn't get pregnant if she doesn't want to, and the man's "job" is to make sure he doesn't get her pregnant if he doesn't want her to be.

Equal partners in making a baby, equal partners in not making one.

• Like 1

Our culture has been demonizing fathers for at least thirty years, and you want to know they are in hiding.

“Planned Parenthood performed a record 333,964 abortions last year, almost 1 million in the past three years. Last year, federal taxpayers gave Planned Parenthood a record $542 million, which is an 11 percent increase over the past two years,” Vitter further noted in a statement.

“An independent study of the federal funding for abortion providers is necessary to further expose the truth of how these precious taxpayer dollars are truly being used,” Black added.

Olson stressed the need to ensure that taxpayer dollars are not going to fund abortion services.

PP performs many other services beside abortion. This is like saying you spend 20,000 on a car to get air conditioning. It's simply not true.

And personally, I'm glad some taxpayer money is funding abortion services. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean we shouldn't fund it.

(I suspect there will be a lot of "Mars Attacks" heads exploding now)

Edited by ninjadude

^ that's not how you feel about our military ND.

If I added up all the bs tax money that I, we, work hard to give away to careless and carefree people and found all the quotes of you saying it's a pittance and distributed it all back to the people we would all be rich by now.

• Like 1

When in war you dehumanize the enemy, it is easier to kill them. In the current war we are fighting"radical" islamics and they are fighting the great devil.

In the war against infants, we call them parasites or that thay are not alive or a cancer that the woman can kill at will.

Aa for the difference between muslims and amerians. Most of their children have a choice, an unborn doesn't.

• Like 1