Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

9/11 Plane part found between building almost

Ugly1

A part from one of the commercial planes that was flown into the Twin Towers on 9/11 has been found between two buildings, police say.

New York Police Department Spokesman Paul Browne said the piece of landing gear, discovered on Wednesday wedged between a mosque site and another lower Manhattan building, has a clearly legible Boeing identification number.

http://news.sky.com/story/1083597/9-11-plane-part-found-between-nyc-buildings

If this does truly turn out to be a part of one of the 9/11 planes that were Hijacked, this is going to blow the conspiracy theorists conspiracies out of the water! If the landing gear turns out to be from neither plane, then we have ourselves a conspiracy!

Edited by Ugly1
  • Like 2

It will prove there really was planes flown into the building. Then again this could be a plant.

• Like 3

It will prove there really was planes flown into the building. Then again this could be a plant.

I thought the fact that there was copious video footage of them do so proved that - along with the fact that millions were watching live when the 2nd plane struck, including me.

You're right - the conspiracy theorists are gonna jump on the idea this was planted and have a field day accusing this that and the other of doing the planting. It's happy days for them :w00t:

• Like 3

We need our conspiracy theorists to have access to do investigation matching sediment around the landing gear to sediment built up on the gear. With the millions of people living in New York and them just now finding this piece of landing gear there is no way that the c theorists will believe just happened to be found now. Does anyone know the location of where this was found, and could maybe pull up an aerial view of the buildings surrounding where this was found? I do find it strange that some homeless person has not stumbled upon this alley within the past 12 years. I mean really, is there an alley in New York other than this one that hasn't been walked down in the past 12 years? With this being the scrap metal day and age, I do not see someone that is homeless letting metal get through their fingers without taking that to the scrap yard. We are talking big bucks for that thing.

• Like 2

I don't think this discredits any of the most critically acclaimed conspiracy theories on 9/11.

• Like 5

When I saw the headline this morning, I though, "Oh dear, this is going to set all that off again," and so it has.

• Like 1

This is not the first time parts of plane have been found in New York.

I dont care about theories but after 11 years in the middle of highly populated city, they missed a wheel for that time is very incredible..

Wake up and smell the burning rubber!

The news footage that I just watched of it clearly showed a large rope wrapped around it. I have no idea what that would have been for.

Unless they were originally trying to pull it up out of there and just said " Forget it. "

"The part was found by surveyors who had been hired to inspect the site of a planned Islamic community centre" Of all the places it could've fallen lol

• Like 1

/ct

it is clearly a plant to serve as a reminder and to keep the media manufactured threat of terrorism fresh in our mind

who profit$?

"The part was found by surveyors who had been hired to inspect the site of a planned Islamic community centre" Of all the places it could've fallen lol

declare it holy ground and ban the building of a mosque some will surely say!

Didn't they go through the site with a fine toothed comb? I mean that's what I always thought, since they were finding TINY bits of bone and they used DNA testing to figure out who it was.

The twisted and rusted equipment features cables, levers and giant bolts. It measures 5ft high, 3ft wide and 1.5ft deep.

How in the world did THAT get missed? Are they SURE it came from the 9/11 planes?

• Like 2

Planes DID fly into the building. The second one was a Boeing, the first one probably not, but possibly so.

The parts found in the Burlington Coat Factory demonstrated that early on. It will be interesting to see if this new piece will be examined in public, or in private. I'm betting on the latter, for the simple reason that if they do an honest and open tracing of the serial number on this new piece, it will show that it came from an airplane OTHER THAN either 11 or 175.

• Like 2

I dont care about theories but after 11 years in the middle of highly populated city, they missed a wheel for that time is very incredible..

Wake up and smell the burning rubber!

Keep in mind that during the last 5 years or so, there have been a few instances in which human parts were found in buildings undergoing maintenance and rebuild. This is no surprise, but the rope angle is unusual.

• Like 2

Has there been an update on this story? My mom wants to know if it really wants to know if it's a 9/11 plane or not.

• Like 1

51Park_landingear.jpg

51Park_wedge.jpg

"The odds of this being wedged between there is amazing," Browne said, adding it was not surprising that it went undiscovered for more than a decade given the location. "It had to have fallen just the right way to make it into that space."

Other World Trade Center wreckage had been discovered at the buildings and around the area in years past.

Police detectives and National Transportation Safety Board investigators will determine whether the equipment is from the American Airlines plane or the United Airlines plane that slammed into the twin towers on Sept. 11, 2001, destroying the towers and killing nearly 3,000 people.

When plans for the Islamic center, about three blocks from ground zero, were made public in 2010, opponents said they didn't want a mosque so close to where Islamic extremists attacked. They argued the site was "sacred" because landing gear from one of the hijacked Boeing 767 jets had punctured the roof of the building on Sept. 11.

• Like 2

Has there been an update on this story? My mom wants to know if it really wants to know if it's a 9/11 plane or not.

Most probable that's it's from 9/11. My bet is they will never allow the piece to be examined in public.

• Like 3

51Park_landingear.jpg

51Park_wedge.jpg

so.... people knew it was there?? i dont understand.... :/

"The odds of this being wedged between there is amazing," Browne said, adding it was not surprising that it went undiscovered for more than a decade given the location. "It had to have fallen just the right way to make it into that space."

Other World Trade Center wreckage had been discovered at the buildings and around the area in years past.

Police detectives and National Transportation Safety Board investigators will determine whether the equipment is from the American Airlines plane or the United Airlines plane that slammed into the twin towers on Sept. 11, 2001, destroying the towers and killing nearly 3,000 people.

When plans for the Islamic center, about three blocks from ground zero, were made public in 2010, opponents said they didn't want a mosque so close to where Islamic extremists attacked. They argued the site was "sacred" because landing gear from one of the hijacked Boeing 767 jets had punctured the roof of the building on Sept. 11.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2RgiQ6ghS

Edited by WhiteWineKitty
  • Like 1

.. found with a ROPE attached? I thought at first, ok, no big surprise here? .. but what's up with the rope?

• Like 1

I don't think this discredits any of the most critically acclaimed conspiracy theories on 9/11.

There are no "critically acclaimed" conspiracy theories, they were all disproved years ago. Investigate real conspiracies like Fast and Furious or the Benghazi cover-up.

• Like 1

.. found with a ROPE attached? I thought at first, ok, no big surprise here? .. but what's up with the rope?

Somebody probably tried to pull it out using the rope, and then weigh it in at the scrap yard, but must of gave up trying

• Like 4

Keep in mind that during the last 5 years or so, there have been a few instances in which human parts were found in buildings undergoing maintenance and rebuild. This is no surprise, but the rope angle is unusual.

That is scary to find.. Well still the event covered large area so there might still be undiscovered things all around.

• Like 3

Yes, the rope is most puzzling.

Many people, especially those at Let's Roll Forums, believe there was no airplanes at WTC. I am not in that camp. I think at least 1 Boeing struck there, possibly 2.

What role the rope has is most interesting.

Let's Roll is reporting that they have found a forging identification number, and gave the number. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

• Like 2

It wasn't found "in an alley" as the photo above clearly demonstrates. It was a gap between two buildings.

As for the rope, someone could have simply been trying to get it out (seen the price of scrap metal over the past few years), perhaps it was from the guys who retrieved it last week, or it was simply entangled in the rope when it landed.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 1

Well the most logical scenario is that somehow or other the rope was entangled after impact with ground, or simultaneous.