Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Embarrassing Music You Enjoy

No Censorship

I'm probably gonna regret this but here goes. I was going to post some "embarrassing music" that I listen to when I want to relax; sacred music, Gregorian chants, liturgical music, Buddhist chants and so forth. But then I thought I might share what I want to listen to when I start drinking. :)

Military marches ! I've always loved brass bands, fife and drum, bagpipes, the whole genre. But, there was a time in my youth when I served in the West German army, and during that time I was recruited for a few weeks to join the Musik Korps for a NATO music festival. I don't play any instruments, I carried the Schellenbaum, they just needed someone who was good at foot drill.

Here's a taste. It's actually quite unique. It's from a German Army band doing a victory parade in Red Square, Moscow. :)

My times have changed.

Prosit!

[media=]

[/media]

I saved a You Tube clip of a bagpipe band that played "Scotland the Brave". That has to be the "Happy Birthday" of Highland tunes. Our neighbor called the city on us when our grass grew too long (an inch or so) when we were out of town. I should thank her by taking up the bagpipes, giving performances in my backyard....at midnight.

• Like 1

the other i like from sade is this one, but i rank "Cherish the day" above this...these song are my way of rembering my wife. Sade to me has a voice like a angel.

Your choices aren't embarrassing. :tu: Bob Marley and many other reggae artists won't make most people blush, and Sade is nothing short of a "smooth operator". However, Musical Youth is another thing. "Pass the Doochie"(?) isn't something you'd blast over your car speakers unless you were driving on a country road in Podunk.

Thank you for posting.6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I don't know what happened. Your three items never made it to the forum.

I don't know what happened. Your three items never made it to the forum.

It seems to have been removed. I scent Spam.

• Like 1

I love march music, but not of the German WWII variety. I think anyone who has been in a marching band loves Sousa and his sort. This music can have military uses but it is entertainment, not war.

This is one of those in my playlist.

• Like 1

I'm not embarrassed by them, but I enjoy Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, and the Captain and Tennille.

• Like 1

I'm not saying it's embarrassing per se, but on the subject of Military marches, what's that one they play whenever the President goes anywhere? When he gets out of a helicopter or something. not Stars & Stripes Forever, I know that's Sousa, but it's like that.

There is small number of music Im shamed because I like it. But among that small number this is one.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by the L

I love march music, but not of the German WWII variety. I think anyone who has been in a marching band loves Sousa and his sort. This music can have military uses but it is entertainment, not war.

I enjoy Sousa marches on Independence Day. Once a year is enough for me.

I'm not saying it's embarrassing per se, but on the subject of Military marches, what's that one they play whenever the President goes anywhere? When he gets out of a helicopter or something. not Stars & Stripes Forever, I know that's Sousa, but it's like that.

Are you thinking of "Hail to the Chief"? I think that the tune's based on an old drinking song (of course).

There is small number of music Im shamed because I like it. But among that small number this is one.

[media=]

[/media]

I'm embarrassed *for* you (kidding). I couldn't make it through the whole clip for fear of having anime-induced nightmares.

• Like 1

I'm embarrassed *for* you (kidding). I couldn't make it through the whole clip for fear of having anime-induced nightmares.

I can feel you. :w00t:

• Like 1

[media=]

[/media]

I tried watching this, I really did. But my eardrums exploded 15 seconds in, and I was so afraid my brain would follow that I had to turn it off. This has to be among the worst songs I've ever heard, and I hope I don't have to hear even 15 seconds of it ever again.
  • Like 2

I tried watching this, I really did. But my eardrums exploded 15 seconds in, and I was so afraid my brain would follow that I had to turn it off. This has to be among the worst songs I've ever heard, and I hope I don't have to hear even 15 seconds of it ever again.

I understand you. I like girls from video. In time you dont even bother for music. And in the end you start to like it.

• Like 2

This is one of those in my playlist.

[media=]

[/media]

lol, I'm sorry but the first thing that pops into my head here is the Monty Python theme song. :)

Nice to know what the real name is for that tune. Thx

• Like 3

I didn't realize this was embarassing until my friends made fun of it:

I think it's beautiful and am pretty into this homemade video I found that goes with it.

I can feel you. :w00t:

That explains the mysterious tap on my shoulder. Let me know the next time you decide to astral travel.

I didn't realize this was embarassing until my friends made fun of it: [media=]

[/media] I think it's beautiful and am pretty into this homemade video I found that goes with it.

It's quite soothing, but my mind goes to weird places. It reminds me of an intro to a 1970s horror movie from Dublin.

• Like 1

I really love Lady Gaga. By the way I'm a biker looking guy with long hair who likes heavy metal and gangster rap.

• Like 1

I really love Lady Gaga. By the way I'm a biker looking guy with long hair who likes heavy metal and gangster rap.

I have a CD by her. I like to get my niece to buy stuff that's too feminine or too "young" for me. It seems like just last year when I asked older guys to buy beer for me. The embarrassing music circle of life!

• Like 1

all music from the video game " the bard's tale " is halirious and enjoyable

[media=]

Edited by Knight Of Shadows
  • Like 1

Sousa marches and Strauss waltzes. Moderns think it smaltzy, and the real classical music buffs think nothing good was written after Mozart (some don't even credit Bach).

The Strauss waltzes are classics. Pfft those pretentious classical music buffs that think like that.

[media=]

[/media]

That is some cancerous music you've got there.