Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Opinions please, the real Mt Sinai?

Irrelevant

They really are keeping it a secret, can`t access the video, keeps coming up The address wasn't understood.32475d1331969010t-yaaruku-yaaro-comments-confused-smiley-17432.gif

Ok fixed it on the desktop, pad didnt link it for some reason..

what do you guys think?

I believe it the best theory out there seem, so logical of how the herbrews may have crossed the red sea.

• Like 1

The problem is its been caught up with a person called Ron Whyatt who is claiming this as his find, however the Caldwell family found a book in Egypt that directed them to Jabel Al Law so this throws a spanner in it because the book is old.

I don't think they crossed where Whyatt said,

I'm not a fan of Ron Whyatt, I think he's a fraud..

But this is a little different.

Sorry to put up such a long video but the religious among us might find it enjoyable if they haven't seen it.

That split rock is really interesting.

Edited by Irrelevant
  • Like 1

Will tell you in 1:05;52.

On pause.....the people were supposed to have gone to Canaan? was this after going through Saudi Arabia and did they all go or did some stay. Did they actually go to Canaan at all?

30.47......how did they get through the barriers undetected? there are signs saying they are not allowed in and yet from 30.47 they get to the mountain?

Seams quite a possibly, what do you think?

Yes it's a lengthy video.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=XU25s2xrxfc

Yes it is true that we seem to have at this site all the really important elements that make this site a candidate. I draw your atention to the split rock for example.

horebrock111.jpg

horebrock22.jpg

There is no other site, not even the traditional one where so many described aspects of the Exodus appear in sicronicity. That is not to say that every aspect is correct, like the supposed altar they found, but it is the only one that has all the described details of the biblical Mt. Sinai. But there are arguments against this site as well, found here... http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/2007/10/Mount-Sinai-is-NOT-Jebel-al-Lawz-in-Saudi-Arabia.aspx

If the people built the pillars then they did not go to Palestine?

It sure does seem that this is the Mount Sinai described, but does this not lead to confusion as to the "promised" land bit? it seems the people settled there and not in Palestine.

Not convinced by the water theory at the rock as it has been proved that there were rivers in areas which are no longer there around many of those desert areas.

If the people built the pillars then they did not go to Palestine?

It sure does seem that this is the Mount Sinai described, but does this not lead to confusion as to the "promised" land bit? it seems the people settled there and not in Palestine.

Not convinced by the water theory at the rock as it has been proved that there were rivers in areas which are no longer there around many of those desert areas.

How long were the Israelites encamped at Mt. Sinai?

How long were the Israelites encamped at Mt. Sinai?

it seem they depart from Sinai for promised land after spending 11 months, 5 days. Is this long enough to have built those temples with pillars?

Edited by freetoroam

Yes it is true that we seem to have at this site all the really important elements that make this site a candidate. I draw your atention to the split rock for example.

horebrock111.jpg

horebrock22.jpg

There is no other site, not even the traditional one where so many described aspects of the Exodus appear in sicronicity. That is not to say that every aspect is correct, like the supposed altar they found, but it is the only one that has all the described details of the biblical Mt. Sinai. But there are arguments against this site as well, found here... http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/2007/10/Mount-Sinai-is-NOT-Jebel-al-Lawz-in-Saudi-Arabia.aspx

The Jury is still out on this I agree.

I can forgive these people who made the video there mistakes, in its essence my heart says yes this is it.

The original Sinia was picked out in a rather ludicrous way I think.

I would like to find a copy of the book the Cadwells mention.

it seem they depart from Sinai for promised land after spending 11 months, 5 days. Is this long enough to have built those temples with pillars?

It would have been enough to almost make a huge temple.

This generation knew hoe to build things, to cut stone and to certainly to erect columns. I'm not saying that they actually did so here at this site, but I am saying it is possible. While many problems exist regarding Jabal al Lawz being the correct site og Mt. Sinai, it is far better than any of the other candidates out there, including the traditional site which has absolutely no archaeological evidence that the Israelites passed that way and stayed for almost a year.

It would have been enough to almost make a huge temple.

Watch video from 15.26. You have to account for the time if would take to bring the rocks there, and you think it would have taken them only 11 months?

The Jury is still out on this I agree.

I can forgive these people who made the video there mistakes, in its essence my heart says yes this is it.

The original Sinia was picked out in a rather ludicrous way I think.

I would like to find a copy of the book the Cadwells mention.

It is the only mountain that fits the profile even if there are some propblems with it in terms of geographical location, but those may merely exist because we do not have an accurate map of the region of the time.

The names of certain regions are not clearly defined geographically so no one can say for certain where the actual MT. Sinai really is, but I do think this is the best candidate.

• Like 1

It is the only mountain that fits the profile even if there are some propblems with it in terms of geographical location, but those may merely exist because we do not have an accurate map of the region of the time.

The names of certain regions are not clearly defined geographically so no one can say for certain where the actual MT. Sinai really is, but I do think this is the best candidate.

its seemed quite plausible, but I have my doubts. Without being able to examine those rocks with pictures on them, its is very difficult to say, they may even be old movie set material!? And I really want to know how the Cadwell managed to get to the mountain, not once but a few times, when it is clearly off limits tot he general public, want to know why they had special permission?

its seemed quite plausible, but I have my doubts. Without being able to examine those rocks with pictures on them, its is very difficult to say, they may even be old movie set material!? And I really want to know how the Cadwell managed to get to the mountain, not once but a few times, when it is clearly off limits tot he general public, want to know why they had special permission?

They didn't they lied their way in, the 1st time and sneaked in the 2nd time. Both times they were caught and expelled. The last time they had to promise never to return under penalty of going to jail.

Watch video from 15.26. You have to account for the time if would take to bring the rocks there, and you think it would have taken them only 11 months?

There is nothing but rock there. They would not have had move the rocks any great distance, they would have used what was locally available.

All that being said I would not trust the guys peddling these videos with any credit. They have done more harm than good in my view. They have taken a possibly true thing and corrupted it to the point where nobody much believes what they have to say on the subject.

Edited by Jor-el
  • Like 1

Sometimes all this learning and then suddenly a new discovery is revealed that changes things. I would like to see a large church like the Catholics or similar do some real research and publish there findings in the near future. I don't think any one person or small group doing this will be taken seriously.

Sometimes all this learning and then suddenly a new discovery is revealed that changes things. I would like to see a large church like the Catholics or similar do some real research and publish there findings in the near future. I don't think any one person or small group doing this will be taken seriously.

its not a discovery, its a theory. But one person or a small group with a plausible theory do get taken seriously.

its not a discovery, its a theory. But one person or a small group with a plausible theory do get taken seriously.

Last night I spent an hour looking at a 3D rendering of this whole area, it one of the most godforsaken areas of the planet and there is alot there that simply does not jive with what the authors of the video try to convince us to accept. Personally I have no doubt that Jabal al Lawz is the correct mountain. The black are above the mountain, is unique to the whole region even including the Sinai peninsula. It demonstrates that either this mountain was once subjected to great heat or it is a volcanic artifact. No such black covering is to be found on any other mountain. The fact that we have a split rock helps, but personally that doesn't mean that the so called alter is contemporary to Moses time, it could be something that was made much earlier of even much later than the time that the Israelites passed through there. I personally can find no reason why the Israelites would take marble columns with them on their Journey.

As I said there are alot of people that do not accept that this is the actual Mt. Sinai, but mainly their problem is with the so called original finders of this mountain, not so much with the mountain itself although there are a number of those.

People like Ron Wyatt, Bob Cornuke and Larry Williams brought this to our attention but from what I have read, they are trying to make this a business, they have no real interest in truth.

• Like 1