Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Voter Turnout Passes Whites

Kowalski

In a first, black voter turnout rate passes whites

WASHINGTON (AP) — America's blacks voted at a higher rate than other minority groups in 2012 and by most measures surpassed the white turnout for the first time, reflecting a deeply polarized presidential election in which blacks strongly supported Barack Obama while many whites stayed home.

Had people voted last November at the same rates they did in 2004, when black turnout was below its current historic levels, Republican Mitt Romney would have won narrowly, according to an analysis conducted for The Associated Press.

Census data and exit polling show that whites and blacks will remain the two largest racial groups of eligible voters for the next decade. Last year's heavy black turnout came despite concerns about the effect of new voter-identification laws on minority voting, outweighed by the desire to re-elect the first black president.

William H. Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution, analyzed the 2012 elections for the AP using census data on eligible voters and turnout, along with November's exit polling. He estimated total votes for Obama and Romney under a scenario where 2012 turnout rates for all racial groups matched those in 2004. Overall, 2012 voter turnout was roughly 58 percent, down from 62 percent in 2008 and 60 percent in 2004.

Taken from http://news.yahoo.com/first-black-voter-turnout-rate-passes-whites-115957314.html

Okay, one minute the MSM is lamenting a "divided" America and then they publish c**** like this, that only goes further in dividing it! :angry:

• Like 2

when black turnout was below its current historic levels

--------------------------------

Why was this? did they not want to vote for a white president?

• Like 4

Well when 96% of the black vote went to Obama I would say the answer is obvious. You don't hear cries of racism but if 96% of the white vote went to Romney you sure would. Actually I don't think it's so much of not wanting to vote for a white guy as mucj as it is about really wanting to vote for a black guy no matter what his policies are, ie voting blindly.

And you're right. The media cries and moans about suppression at the booth and all this op does is prove that it was all nonsense and bs.

• Like 6

Wait, how can this be, thought those evil Republicans suppressed black voter turnout all over the country.

Unfortunately for Democrats, black voter turnout will evaporate in 2016 and Hillary - or whomever - will be on their knees, hands held to the heavens, screaming WHYYYYYYY???????

• Like 1

when black turnout was below its current historic levels

--------------------------------

Why was this? did they not want to vote for a white president?

No I don't think they do.
  • Like 1

Couple of points.

I voted for the President, and I'm certainly not black. And I certainly wasn't in the minority of 'white folks' that voted for Obama.

And I'd have to say that I'll bet a huge percentage of blacks are indeed Democrat, which probably explains why they voted.

I think a huge percentage of the Hispanic vote went to the President as well.

The real issue is that Romney couldn't connect with minority voters. In fact the entire Republican party has that very same issue. It's something they are addressing.

But, ultimately, I agree with Kowalski, this is just the media playing race to make the story.

Edited by supervike
  • Like 2

Couple of points.

I voted for the President, and I'm certainly not black. And I certainly wasn't in the minority of 'white folks' that voted for Obama.

And I'd have to say that I'll bet a huge percentage of blacks are indeed Democrat, which probably explains why they voted.

I think a huge percentage of the Hispanic vote went to the President as well.

The real issue is that Romney couldn't connect with minority voters. In fact the entire Republican party has that very same issue. It's something they are addressing.

But, ultimately, I agree with Kowalski, this is just the media playing race to make the story.

Of course they are, because by their own admission they could have made this a story before when the black vote was low and asked questions then.

• Like 3

I think the primacy of the democrat party is based on the free stuff they have given and are continuing to give. PERIOD

Not enough seem to want to be adults any longer and face the reality of our economic situation.

• Like 4

As a white man, I'm glad to see this.

So many problems are induced by an out of control political system, yet the political system is all we got, it seems.

For many many years black folks have lost ground within the larger cultural view, so it seems to me that if they can help control the political system, more power to them. :tu:

As a white man, I'm glad to see this.

So many problems are induced by an out of control political system, yet the political system is all we got, it seems.

For many many years black folks have lost ground within the larger cultural view, so it seems to me that if they can help control the political system, more power to them. :tu:

They can't do any worse, that's for sure...
  • Like 3

I shall protest by not voting in the next several elections and continue to let them vote in the stupidest politicians imaginable and hopefully they will be unable to do anything but drool for all the PAC money there siphoning off the taxpayer.

• Like 1