Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

meditation and the third eye

mauriciomb

sorry for the long read :(

but this is important to me. thank you for any replies

Hello i recently started meditating about 1-2 weeks ago, and have also been trying to open my third eye about two days ago. i tried opening my third eye with instructions from this link http://www.angelfire..._Third_Eye.html

with some slight variations. i began this yesterday at around 9 p.m. but i just tried focusing and trying to imagine that my third eye was between and above my eyebrows. after that bit of meditation i began too feel my third eye, and now if feels like i can move it at ease, without moving my eyes, or forehead at all. (i did a mirror test to see if i was moving my eyes or forehead) I have always been able to move many of my body parts voluntarily very easily, so i know why maybe i can feel like i am moving my third eye (or pineal gland). it feels like i can move it kinda like an eye or oval shaped. So anyway today in the morning i meditated again. after 10-15 mintues meditating with my eyes closed i got a bunch of random images like 10-15 just popping up with sorta of like a ultra violet color (the color you see when you close your eyes) all i remember right now is a tiki face. after that i saw a little violet light in the middle, and i stared at it. i saw an oval shape sorrounding it, and it looked like an eye. than all of a sudden my eyes started shaking uncontrollably and started to open little by little until the eye image dissapeared and i opened my eyes. has anyone else gone through this, and do you know what any of this means?

• Like 3

Hi.. and welcome to UM..

I am by no means an expert on this, but can tell you that what you are experiencing I have & still do almost daily..

The images are Hypnogogia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

I sometimes get a pressure-like sensation when activating the 3rd eye or pineal gland, and more recently was able to project my 3rd eye from myself and view Phosphrenes/sacred geometry..

When one is placing their attention on seeing with their 3rd eye you do get images, faces, things, places, anything really.. Usually with myself one of the first things I see (but vaguely) is another eye staring back at me.. I think what we see with the 3rd eye is limitless, and transcends our own reality/dimension meaning what we do see or comprehend in it's shape/form might not even be of woken reality.. In other words, only a deep understanding of your own meanings, feelings and understanding of the colour and shape and meaning of the "tiki"

I think only ones self can answer meanings behind what we see or are shown though the 3rd eye.. There are meanings behind what we see, but the dictionary for meanings lies within.. A bit of goggling helps though, because sometimes other peoples words/meaning ring true, make sense, or just feel instinctively right..

• Like 4

Like it or not the furthest most have come to another realm of reality, spectrum, insight ( outside the usual paradox of delusion and religious revelation which i wont comment any further on ) has always been and still is while under the influence of a chemical susbstance, that which effects both the mental and neurologicalaspects of the body. I think the word meditation thus leaves out its catalyst.

im glad i found this site very helpful :)

thank you for your reply professor T.

I think i was in a deep meditational state but it didnt seem like i was until i stopped meditating. it felt wierd about 5-10 minutes later

Edited by mauriciomb

I think it's saying that your path into the spiritual side has reached the guard that holds you in the human body, & the only way you can move further into the spiritual side is by going through the guard. So you're being given information about the order of the greater spiritual system that you are a part of, so that you know what you are facing.

If you get to know the guard it will take you into the spiritual side & let you see what reality is. Then it will bring you back safely.

I simply stand by my guard & let the guard control all the spiritual side of my life. It took me a while to figure out who the guard was & I fought it for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.. and welcome to UM..

I am by no means an expert on this, but can tell you that what you are experiencing I have & still do almost daily..

The images are Hypnogogia. http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Hypnagogia

I sometimes get a pressure-like sensation when activating the 3rd eye or pineal gland, and more recently was able to project my 3rd eye from myself and view Phosphrenes/sacred geometry..

When one is placing their attention on seeing with their 3rd eye you do get images, faces, things, places, anything really.. Usually with myself one of the first things I see (but vaguely) is another eye staring back at me.. I think what we see with the 3rd eye is limitless, and transcends our own reality/dimension meaning what we do see or comprehend in it's shape/form might not even be of woken reality.. In other words, only a deep understanding of your own meanings, feelings and understanding of the colour and shape and meaning of the "tiki"

I think only ones self can answer meanings behind what we see or are shown though the 3rd eye.. There are meanings behind what we see, but the dictionary for meanings lies within.. A bit of goggling helps though, because sometimes other peoples words/meaning ring true, make sense, or just feel instinctively right..

That's inspiring to hear that you were able to see symbols of sacred geometry. Reminds me of something that someone had shown me where as an opera singer that hit certain tones of vibration/sound was able to show a plate of sand move intune to these vibrations and form sacred symbols of geometry. It was so fascinating to see it happen, like magical. Nature is so beautiful, and sacred.. There's so much we all need to become aware and intune of, Illuminated...

• Like 1

Hi.. and welcome to UM..

The images are Hypnogogia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

Do you have any links or tutorials on achieving this Prof T?

Do you have any links or tutorials on achieving this Prof T?

I have my own technique, which is fine for me but might not be for others.

I achieve this my meditating, quieting the mind & working on making myself aware of inner aspects of self, the essence of being, the void of nothingness. I basically started out meditating to try and see if I could induce and OBE, but found after a lot of practice that you reach certain stages where boundaries of awareness drop or where you manage to put ego aside long enough to find yourself in a sweet spot somewhere between these layers..

• Get comfortable.
  • Close your eyes and look up, (Am finding lately it's more a process of looking nowhere, and not with your eyes even if the lids are shut)
  • Make yourself aware of your body and feelings..
  • Quieten the mind, stop thinking, concentrating only on being, on the essence of being. (Ok, this can be the hardest part. Ego wants to think about stuff and take your mind off on tangents, such as "am I doing this right" or any number of random things that have been on our mind that day. I think this is the part where a lot of people falter. what I find that helps here is an understanding of ego, which gives you control over it. So far as I'm aware there's 3 things you can do here.

1. Dull down the ego, allow it to observe but not control. This kind of makes ego go into a half sleep or shrinks and dulls it's responses to any stimuli you see, feel or hear.
  2. Step aside from ego, ignore it long enough and you end up detached from it. This is sometimes amusing & annoying in it's self as you sit there trying to clear you mind with something of a chatterbox radio babbling away beside you.. lol, I personally wouldn't recommend this because it's distracting
  3. Take ego along for the ride, but be aware that it will spoil the fun and try to control what you see, feel, or hear.

Once you've quietened everything down the weirdness begins. If you get an itchy nose or foot, ignore it, or just make yourself aware of it. Any thoughts that rise should be calmly breathed away. You can hear buzzing & ringing, you can feel the sensations of different layers of awareness dropping down through you and around you. You see colours, clouds, Hypnogogic images. I guess it's different for everyone, so it's hard to relate what it will be like, but I usually encounter shifts in gravity, Energy rushing in or out.

The images you can see are sometimes grainy.. Sometimes they are startlingly real.. Sometimes 3-d in appearance and as real as if you are there. The voices, sometimes a whisper, sometimes ethereal, sure jolt you..

I've started a thread for recording these kind of experiences because I've found it most interesting in PM's with others who do this kind of thing that quite often there is a general theme or similarity that suggests or shows an interconnectedness between what we are seeing.

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=248251

Edited to add: Takes practice.. Took me maybe a month of trial and error and finding the right technique for me to get the hang of it.

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 2

I have my own technique, which is fine for me but might not be for others.

I achieve this my meditating, quieting the mind & working on making myself aware of inner aspects of self, the essence of being, the void of nothingness. I basically started out meditating to try and see if I could induce and OBE, but found after a lot of practice that you reach certain stages where boundaries of awareness drop or where you manage to put ego aside long enough to find yourself in a sweet spot somewhere between these layers..

• Get comfortable.
  • Close your eyes and look up, (Am finding lately it's more a process of looking nowhere, and not with your eyes even if the lids are shut)
  • Make yourself aware of your body and feelings..
  • Quieten the mind, stop thinking, concentrating only on being, on the essence of being. (Ok, this can be the hardest part. Ego wants to think about stuff and take your mind off on tangents, such as "am I doing this right" or any number of random things that have been on our mind that day. I think this is the part where a lot of people falter. what I find that helps here is an understanding of ego, which gives you control over it. So far as I'm aware there's 3 things you can do here.

1. Dull down the ego, allow it to observe but not control. This kind of makes ego go into a half sleep or shrinks and dulls it's responses to any stimuli you see, feel or hear.
  2. Step aside from ego, ignore it long enough and you end up detached from it. This is sometimes amusing & annoying in it's self as you sit there trying to clear you mind with something of a chatterbox radio babbling away beside you.. lol, I personally wouldn't recommend this because it's distracting
  3. Take ego along for the ride, but be aware that it will spoil the fun and try to control what you see, feel, or hear.

Once you've quietened everything down the weirdness begins. If you get an itchy nose or foot, ignore it, or just make yourself aware of it. Any thoughts that rise should be calmly breathed away. You can hear buzzing & ringing, you can feel the sensations of different layers of awareness dropping down through you and around you. You see colours, clouds, Hypnogogic images. I guess it's different for everyone, so it's hard to relate what it will be like, but I usually encounter shifts in gravity, Energy rushing in or out.

The images you can see are sometimes grainy.. Sometimes they are startlingly real.. Sometimes 3-d in appearance and as real as if you are there. The voices, sometimes a whisper, sometimes ethereal, sure jolt you..

I've started a thread for recording these kind of experiences because I've found it most interesting in PM's with others who do this kind of thing that quite often there is a general theme or similarity that suggests or shows an interconnectedness between what we are seeing.

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=248251

Edited to add: Takes practice.. Took me maybe a month of trial and error and finding the right technique for me to get the hang of it.

Thank you so much for your time explaining all that Prof T. I'll definitely get a start on all this. There is a part of some experience video you might find interesting I will PM you after what I read of your last post about an eye looking back sounded quite similar later.

• Like 1