Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained bruising on my arm

Moriah736

Hi , I don't know if I am going crazy or what but during the night I woke up screaming to someone ripping "something" stuck to my arm. I remember being faced away from my boyfriend, so I know it wasnt him. I went back to sleep, but when I woke up, I woke up to a big bruise on the inside of my arm. I really don't believe I could have done this to my self. Has anyone been through this? Could it be something that could have done this? Anyone please help , I need answers.

How long has this been going for?

Is it one bruise or many?

Does your boyfriend have bruises?

Could your BF had hit you?

did you hit something with your arm when you slept?

Are you sleeping against a wall or night table or any otheer object?

If it is just the one bruise then I would not worry just be careful when moving around when sleeping

• Like 2

I've experienced something similar. Sometimes the brain interprets pain in dreams as being real when it isn't (I've dreamed of my arm being stabbed with a syringe before, and woke up with a stinging pain on my arm that lasted about 10 minutes. There were no physical marks). However, since there's an actual bruise, it could be that you dreamed the whole "ripping" part because your brain inserted the sensation of pain from the bruise into your dream.

It could also be a combination of these two phenomena.

That explains alot! I feel better I'm not going crazy. And my bf has no bruises and I remember my back being faced to him and my arm laid out in front of me so I know it wasnt him. And nope my bed is on the floor. It is just very wierd, this is the first time that this has happend. And I hope it's the last.

My best guess would be maybe you were physically acting out part of a dream and hurt your arm, and your brain gave it this bizarre kind of sensation?? Your brain can come up with weird stuff when in a half asleep state.

Edited by Moon Gazer
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I wake up with bruises all the time I don't even pay it attention anymore. I know I was a rough sleeper as a child and probably still am to an extent. I've even woke myself as well as my husband up with some of the things I do while I'm asleep. Hmmmm could explain why I feel so tired all the time since obviously my body never seems to be fully at rest even during sleep. But you know were all different so who knows. Has anyone ever told you your a rough sleeper?

It warms my heart to hear how concerned your boyfriend was that you were sat next to him screaming in pain.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Hi, I recently had the same experience of something being ripped of my arm while sleeping. It was painful and left bruising on the inside of my upper arm. The bruises looked like a group of small dark spots in an area about 3cm across. I figured that while I was sleeping I was laying on my side with my arm under by body, so there was pressure there and I think the skin on my arm stuck to the skin on the side of my chest. I moved suddenly and that's when I felt the pain of the ripping, as if I had quickly ripped off an adhesive bandage. But why was there no bruising on my chest, only on my arm? I'm 58 and this has never happened before!

Edited by gidgeridoo

Hi, I recently had the same experience of something being ripped of my arm while sleeping. It was painful and left bruising on the inside of my upper arm. The bruises looked like a group of small dark spots in an area about 3cm across. I figured that while I was sleeping I was laying on my side with my arm under by body, so there was pressure there and I think the skin on my arm stuck to the skin on the side of my chest. I moved suddenly and that's when I felt the pain of the ripping, as if I had quickly ripped off an adhesive bandage. But why was there no bruising on my chest, only on my arm? I'm 58 and this has never happened before!

Please read this, I don't want to sound like a jerk but your getting to that stage where simple bruises can be more painful and noticable.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/causes-of-easy-bruising.html

• Like 1

My mother has always bruised easily and can get a bruise at the slightest tap.

I'd go to the doc myself.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In 1991 I noticed while brushing my teeth one morning two identical bruises on each of my upper inner arms.

They did't hurt so I didn't give it much thought at the time.

I've always wondered about them as they never reappeared or were there ever before.

That year I saw something else I can't explain in my bedroom one morning, too.

I won't get into that here but what I saw and felt was good.

However, last night, 23 years later, I had a feeing of wanting to kill some sort of large bug entity that I vaguely recall seeing.

I love insects and all forms of life and don't usually want to kill anything.

The bruises were about two inches long and about an inch or so apart.

I don't want to think of myself as a victim or abductee but I have an unsettling feeling about the mirage of that face.

Anyway, I just looked around to see if anyone else has had any experience of this sort and found this page.

On the odd occasion I have woken up and found my arm stuck to my body. It does feel like a ripping sensation and it does leave a bruise. I've always thought the bruise is a kind of friction burn caused by me sleeping in the same position for too long. i.e. on my side with arms folded across my chest. The bruise is always on the inside of my arm exactly where it 'sticks' to my chest.

After saying that, the OP hasn't been active on here since April 30 2013.

Thanks SW!

I've not posted my experience anywhere before and wanted to so others may not be alone in this mystery.

Perhaps some other Googler may find this page as I did.

;)

• Like 1

Hi , I don't know if I am going crazy or what but during the night I woke up screaming to someone ripping "something" stuck to my arm. I remember being faced away from my boyfriend, so I know it wasnt him. I went back to sleep, but when I woke up, I woke up to a big bruise on the inside of my arm. I really don't believe I could have done this to my self. Has anyone been through this? Could it be something that could have done this? Anyone please help , I need answers.

Check your liver.

Check your liver.

One bruises easy when the liver is off, liver spots, I remember when my sister in law died from liver failure , her face was half bruise, they had to put a big flower over it in the coffin:(

It could of been something that is known in some advanced occultic circles as repercussion. Its when the physical body gets injured from something which is done astrally or injured by astral thoughtforms affecting the astral/etheric body which in turn then manifests in the physical body. Ever heard of Stigmata (physical manifestations of the wounds of christ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stigmata .. that is thought to be a form of this.

I myself and I know of others too who when we've been psychically attacked, we've developed marks on our bodies. eg A friend of mine had claw marks in a place her hands couldnt have reached (and no she didnt have an animal who could of done it). I myself one time woke up to find my lower arm was quite swollen with a big welted like mark going down it (mark nearly went from inner elbow to most the way down the arm).. coincidently the mark was right in the spot where I'd dreamed I'd been attacked and slashed with a sword that night. My whole lower arm was actually swollen after this for several days (as if it was an infection thou my lower arm from a major wound, the mark thou on my arm didnt break skin).

Anyway.. this may be what happened to you if there wasnt a physical cause for this (pity you dont remember your dream).

Edited by sea-dove