Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Family claims injuries caused by haunting

Still Waters

There is a council that find families housing in France?? Wow.

I wonder how that works.

in france they have a system called 'ashlem'

(H.L.M- habitation à loyer modéré), which is subsidised housing, but this is, more often than not, taken advantage of by the privileged, doctors, lawyers, etc. who carry influence with the city councils, and use it to jump the queues.

unfortunately.

• Like 1

in france they have a system called 'ashlem'

(H.L.M- habitation à loyer modéré), which is subsidised housing, but this is, more often than not, taken advantage of by the privileged, doctors, lawyers, etc. who carry influence with the city councils, and use it to jump the queues.

unfortunately.

Makes no sense, why would the priveliged need subsidised housing. Sounds like corruption. I hope the council inds something quick, I can`t imagine having to camp indeinitely.

And to stay on topic, the family should have documented their experience on video, with pics, whatever they could. It would have been cool to see.

• Like 1

why would the priveliged need subsidised housing. Sounds like corruption.

that's EXACTLY what it is!

some rich lawyer who's kid's going to college pulls a few strings and gets her subsidised housing? happens all the time!

• Like 1

that's EXACTLY what it is!

some rich lawyer who's kid's going to college pulls a few strings and gets her subsidised housing? happens all the time!

We've got problems too, but I'm still happy to be American.

• Like 1

We've got problems too, but I'm still happy to be American.

just thank the gods you're not french!!

:-D

come to think of it, i've never seen any french people on UM, have you??

• Like 2

Hmm... No, I haven't. Closest would be Belgian and that was quite awhile ago.

You have to go to hospital for a soap tray hitting your back???

It was a really, really big soap tray. :yes:

Well,if a diocese priest has been going to the house for exorcism kind of stuff,the church is on board ,which means something they deem legit,has been documented . We just might not be getting the entire story via the media,for various reasons .

• Like 1

Well,if a diocese priest has been going to the house for exorcism kind of stuff,the church is on board ,which means something they deem legit,has been documented . We just might not be getting the entire story via the media,for various reasons .

First off, it's The Media. Do you really expect to get the whole story from them or just the part that sells?

Second, we don't know the outcome of the priest's visit. He may have said there's nothing to it but that somehow wouldn't do anyone any good, would it. No wild claims of things that go bump any time they want and no stories to sell.

• Like 4

I am half, does that count. (going to look for soap and bath)

Yes I do wash, i try and have a bath or shower at least once a month, whether I need it or not.

cute-girl-sticking-out-tongue-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 3

I'm calling bull on this one.

• Like 1

A French family said they have sustained injuries from flying objects at their home, which they believe to be haunted by ghosts.

The residents of the home in Mentque-Nortbecourt said a family member was hospitalized earlier this month after being struck by a chair in the face and a soap tray in the back, The Local.fr reported Thursday.

http://www.upi.com/O...39391366923409/

Sacre bleu :blink: Last night I srink too much Cognac an ze chair hit me in ze head.

• Like 4

I'm calling bull on this one.

What? I believe freetoroam when she says she takes a monthly bath or shower.

Sacre bleu :blink: Last night I srink too much Cognac an ze chair hit me in ze head.

LOL I'll be chuckling about that one for a while! Wonder if they gave up chairs or the cognac?

________

On a serious note, I just hope "ghost" stories like this aren't grown to cover up injuries from husband/wife or parent/child abuse.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

Nobody's mentioned that poltergeists are thought to be caused by telekinetic energy of a troubled living person within the house, usually a young person between the ages of 9 and 23. Personally, I don't believe this is always the case, but I'm no expert. If it IS indeed the case here, moving house may allay the causes of the individual's turmoil and hence cease the activity, or it could just carry on regardless, making it seem as if something's followed them from the old house.

I just thought the thread was due for a serious comment.

Nobody's mentioned that poltergeists are thought to be caused by telekinetic energy of a troubled living person within the house, usually a young person between the ages of 9 and 23. Personally, I don't believe this is always the case, but I'm no expert. If it IS indeed the case here, moving house may allay the causes of the individual's turmoil and hence cease the activity, or it could just carry on regardless, making it seem as if something's followed them from the old house.

Can you explain where these statistics came from?

• Like 1

Jeez, all of that and mayhem but they cannot seem to move a Ouija planchette on their own. Go figure.

Now of only there were people with telekinetic abilities.

Can you explain where these statistics came from?

Books, articles, studies. They're out there. Go look.

I'm just repeating what I've come across. I don't actually know or anything. Maybe one day, but right now I'm very definitely not brave enough to find out for myself.

Now of only there were people with telekinetic abilities.

Are you sure you're at the right website?

Is it that cynics have their cross hairs set for these kinds of topics? If so, couldn't you use your time more constructively?

But whatever, it's your life.

Is it that cynics have their cross hairs set for these kinds of topics? If so, couldn't you use your time more constructively?

I'm a skeptic not a cynic. I would rather use my life to question than to blindly accept random assertions like that on face value. If people are going to spew that stuff they should be prepared to defend it. The best evidence ever collected for the paranormal is purely anecdotal. It is more about belief than science and should probably carry a warning label.

Where are they? Who is demonstrating PK abilities that 30 years of university research could not produce?

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 1

Books, articles, studies. They're out there. Go look.

I'm just repeating what I've come across. I don't actually know or anything. Maybe one day, but right now I'm very definitely not brave enough to find out for myself.

so I have to reasearch your vague claim yet you could not even post or give an example? yeah, your facts come from made up land.
  • Like 1

you are new, if you actually read the topics, you see members want research, understanding, logic and above all, expect people to back up their claims instead of posting anon on a forum and expect blind faith. Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1