Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why the US Shouldn't Get Involved

and-then

These are my personal feelings - not the policy of my government - they don't ask my advice. When innocents suffer we ALL are degraded - no matter who is doing the killing. But to say there is NEVER a just reason to wage war is to accept slavery eventually - no thanks.

You made a comment on a forum, I responded by agreeing but only if your Govt was consistent in it's approach. Who suggested anything about the Govt seeking your advice? So when is there a just reason? Why boots on the ground in Iraq, equipment in Libya and nothing in Syria?

You made a comment on a forum, I responded by agreeing but only if your Govt was consistent in it's approach. Who suggested anything about the Govt seeking your advice? So when is there a just reason? Why boots on the ground in Iraq, equipment in Libya and nothing in Syria?

You began your comment by saying you doubted me. I reiterated that it was my personal feeling. Syria is Russia's client. Syria is a civil war that has no solution that can have a good outcome for the west. Syria is a blood sponge and if it does not cool down naturally it may spark a regional or even global war. THAT makes it quite different from the others you mentioned. For my part I have said that Iraq was a mistake and Libya was just wrong. But I believe the US went into a support of the Libyan action as support for Britain and France - who need/want the oil there. We are allies after all.

You began your comment by saying you doubted me. I reiterated that it was my personal feeling. Syria is Russia's client. Syria is a civil war that has no solution that can have a good outcome for the west. Syria is a blood sponge and if it does not cool down naturally it may spark a regional or even global war. THAT makes it quite different from the others you mentioned. For my part I have said that Iraq was a mistake and Libya was just wrong. But I believe the US went into a support of the Libyan action as support for Britain and France - who need/want the oil there. We are allies after all.

Bingo